Best things of the Mario series.

King Harkinian said:
Luigi's Death Stare is insanely narmy.

Luigi's death stare is an humorous failed attempt at drama? Well damn, now I feel despodent knowing I will never get to play Mario Kart 8 with the intended dramatic gravitas of the Luigi death stare.

WarioWare[/predictabo]

Glowsquid said:
King Harkinian said:
Luigi's Death Stare is insanely narmy.

Luigi's death stare is an humorous failed attempt at drama? Well dang, now I feel despodent knowing I will never get to play Mario Kart 8 with the intended dramatic gravitas of the Luigi death stare.
OK, I didn't exactly say it right. I meant it was unintentionally funny.

Games are getting dlc now. Now the issue of a character being missing can never be an issue. Other than that the overall Marioverse it's self.

Mechayoshi said:
Now the issue of a character being missing can never be an issue.
It's still an issue when your favorite characters have a history of being ignored.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Mechayoshi said:
It's still an issue when your favorite characters have a history of being ignored.

True. Although I meant in theory since they can technically add someone in. Nintendo ignoring curtain people is a whole different argument.

1. The heavenly devils of Bowser known as the koopalings.
2. Rosalina
3. The unique worlds and settings. I'm always filled with inspiration with each new installment.

King Antasma said:
Mechayoshi said:

Except they aren't being ignored when they were never meant to be recurring.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mechayoshi said:

Nothing is created with the intent of becoming recurring. As I have stated before, Mario wasn't created for anything but Donkey Kong. Peach and Bowser for Super Mario Bros. The games became popular, so sequels were made with the same characters.

Fawful wasn't created with the intent of becoming recurring either, but his fan reception earned him a role in two more games. However they absolutely refuse to add him or any other RPG character to games whose rosters are meant to represent the Mario series as a whole.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Mechayoshi said:

oh boy a potential argument Hos do you know they weren't meant to be recurring? Has Nintendo told you themselves?

And? Doesn't change the fact they were not designed with the intent of coming back. Thats why they are either killed off or never appear again. Even within their own series they generally only appear once or twice.

They aren't ignored, they are spent, its not rocket science.

Most RPG characters have more personality than characters like Waluigi and Daisy (even though I like Waluigi) how can they be spent while those two keep appearing?

Probably copyright issues.

If there were none, we would see a lot of RPG references and characters. So, um, yeah.

Copyright issues? Are you kidding me? Nintendo owns the license to every Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario character.

King Antasma said:
Most RPG characters have more personality than characters like Waluigi and Daisy (even though I like Waluigi) how can they be spent while those two keep appearing?

First off, that means fuck all, 2nd because they were put in specifically for spin offs.

Waluigi and Daisy > Fawful.

At least you can play as those two.

Why put characters specifically for spinoffs when there's some that have actually been involved in Mario's adventures that they could potentially add? Also by saying "that means fuck all" it seems you're shooting down my argument without trying to find evidence to back yourself up.

I'd much prefer Fawful shouting his one-liners like "I have fury!" than have Pink Gold Peach using recycled Peach voice clips with a metallic filter. We have Peach for Peach's quotes, we don't need two. Fawful would add something more unique than anything a spinoff created (with the exception of Waluigi because he was necessary for Wario to have a "Luigi" counterpart)

Dr. Mario said:

Playability doesn't make a character. In fact most of my favorite characters are villains.

Dr. Mario said:
Copyright issues? Are you kidding me? Nintendo owns the license to every Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario character.
It's not my fault I had no idea and that's what I figured.

I'm the younger half here, so most of what I say doesn't make any sense, so just roll with it for now.
I'm learning, though

I don't know, it's called a niche thing. A character functions at her best in this particular niche, and delving away from it would not fare really well. Even for the fair few characters that DO delve from their niche, they're usually always based on existing characters (Stars and Goomboss), but they're the exception, not the rule.

I can't imagine Koops or Goombario making it in because they don't have a voice in their games, and if they get generic enemy voices, it's going to strip away their character. Same goes for Fawful. And who's going to voice these RPG characters? Small minded, but I can't imagine.

King Antasma said:
Why put characters specifically for spinoffs when there's some that have actually been involved in Mario's adventures that they could potentially add? Also by saying "that means *bleep* all" it seems you're shooting down my argument without trying to find evidence to back yourself up.

I'd much prefer Fawful shouting his one-liners like "I have fury!" than have Pink Gold Peach using recycled Peach voice clips with a metallic filter. We have Peach for Peach's quotes, we don't need two. Fawful would add something more unique than anything a spinoff created (with the exception of Waluigi because he was necessary for Wario to have a "Luigi" counterpart)

Dr. Mario said:

Playability doesn't make a character. In fact most of my favorite characters are villains.
All my favorite characters from each series tend to be either the main star of their series or at least playable (Mario, Link, Kirby, Fox, Rayman). I get attached to people I use because it's the closest of being in their shoes.

Rosalina and Luma said:
Dr. Mario said:
It's not my fault I had no idea and that's what I figured.

I'm the younger half here, so most of what I say doesn't make any sense, so just roll with it for now.
I'm learning, though
I don't blame you, I'm sorry if I came off a bit mean, as I didn't intend that. I hear that argument for people opposing Waluigi and Diddy Kong because they originated in a game that Nintendo didn't develop.

What they don't realize is that those games are published by Nintendo (so Nintendo still keeps on eye on how the game is made and distributed), and the developers are often branches of Nintendo (i.e Camelot, Alphadream, HAL Laboratory), so the games are strictly in Nintendo property.

So, yeah, I hope you get something from what I said. :)

I defiently got something out of that, especially from the Waluigi argument, as I used to use it a bit.

But yeah, Imve always been wondering who would voice the characters (Fawful has got his noises from BiS, they can build onto them or something, same with all the other M&L villains)

I imagine Nami Funashima would voice Fawful as that's who did his voice in Bowser's Inside Story.

Antasma would have even less trouble getting a voice as his voice actor is the same as Donkey Kong's, Takashi Nagasako.

King Antasma said:
Why put characters specifically for spinoffs when there's some that have actually been involved in Mario's adventures that they could potentially add? Also by saying "that means *bleep* all" it seems you're shooting down my argument without trying to find evidence to back yourself up.

Dr. Mario said:

No, I'm saying it means fuck all because it literally means nothing, they'll never show their personality so them having it means nothing.

Also you have asked that question DOZENS UPON DOZENS of times already and you've been given several dozen reasons as to why. Get the fuck over it already.

Last night, we gave you plenty of proof as to why Mario platformers could have story, and you just shot it all down. We've given you many reasons why your side sometimes doesn't make sense, yet you still keep going.

Doesn't that sound a bit hypocritical of you?

Rosalina and Luma said:
Last night, we gave you plenty of proof as to why Mario platformers could have story, and you just shot it all down. We've given you many reasons why your side sometimes doesn't make sense, yet you still keep going.

I'm not the one obsessing over niche characters that were never meant to come back beyond the games they were created for.

Mcmadness said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

I'm not the one obsessing over niche characters that were never meant to come back beyond the games they were created for.
You also love to point out the fact that Nintendo can't add a subtle story even if they tried, and shoot down opinions as facts.

Also, I think you may be overusing the word "obsession" (maybe, I honestly can't tell if anyone has an obsession or not just by a coup,e of internet sentences). Please give me an accurate definition of it, and not something found on those pictures on Facebook.

if you try and say that i haven't really done anything, i've changed some of my viewpoints and agreeing with stuff stated on other sides.

Back