Worst things that happened in the Mario Series and WHY

How dare they make their games more accessible to the general public.

Do you even listen to the horse shit that comes out of your mouth?

Mcmadness said:

Do you even listen to the horse shit that comes out of your mouth?
Eliminating plot makes it more accessible to the public?

Unless you're three, the plot of the RPGs is easy to understand and follow.

GalacticPetey said:
Mcmadness said:

Do you even listen to the horse *bleep* that comes out of your mouth?
Eliminating plot makes it more accessible to the public?

Unless you're three, the plot of the RPGs is easy to understand and follow.

Its not the understanding thats the issue, its their willingness to sit through it. Most of them don't care. They are there for the gameplay.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Magikrazy said:
I've definitely seen advertisements for TTYD, BiS, SS, and DT.

It's just a niche market is all.
So basically they want to appeal to the people who don't care about stories, because they're the majority?

So fuck everyone who wishes the good stories in the RPGs would translate over to the main series then.
It's because most of the people who like Mario buy the Super Mario and Mario Kart games. They obviously don't care about story because Super and Kart are still selling like hotcakes. The people who do care for story play something else. Fans of RPGs buy more well-known series like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc.

GalacticPetey said:
But why can't you have both?

Try an appease both and more often then not neither group will be happy.

GalacticPetey said:
Because that's not what the people who buy Mario like. They prefer the plotless Super Mario games and the Mario Kart games, so that's what Nintendo makes.

Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Because that's not what the people who buy Mario like. They prefer the plotless Super Mario games and the Mario Kart games, so that's what Nintendo makes.
So people want the same bland platformer over and over again?

GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yes because plot is what brings Mario its variety. Not its gameplay mechanics, levels, different power ups.

No its what excuse plot the game has.

Give me a break.

Making Donkey Kong unplayable in every Mario Party after his last playable appearance.

Nintendo giving Donkey Kong the “Wario Syndrome”. Donkey Kong is treated like if he does not belong in the Mario series anymore. I know about his spin-off appearances but why is he not in Paper Mario or in the Mario and Luigi Series? The Mario vs Donkey Kong games are now about Donkey Kong vs Mini Marios.

I am SORRY once again for telling my feelings of disappointment.

GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
The plot doesn't make a Mario game. It's the gameplay. Which is why I like Kirby and Rayman much more than Mario, even though their plots are only slightly more complicated.

yoshiking14x said:
I miss the Yoshi that actually was a dinosaur. I feel that the real reason of why Yoshi was popular was meaning less after they made him more humanoid and lost most of his dinosaur theme.

i agree

Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
The plot doesn't make a Mario game. It's the gameplay. Which is why I like Kirby and Rayman much more than Mario, even though their plots are only slightly more complicated.
Kirby has stories?
I never played a Kirby game before.

yoshiking14x said:
Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Kirby has stories?
The Kirby games tend to have crappy stories in my opinion (with the exception of Return to Dream Land)

better than mario stories too

doesn't help that kirby is a better platformer than mario too

King Harkinian said:
yoshiking14x said:
Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Kirby has stories?
The Kirby games tend to have crappy stories in my opinion (with the exception of Return to Dream Land)
I said "only slightly" for a reason.

Baby Luigi said:

They still aren't very good.

And I definitely disagree with that, both are good for different reasons.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

They still aren't very good.

And I definitely disagree with that, both are good for different reasons.
She didn't say necessarily that they are good.

Eh, I like Kirby more than Mario. I think Mario's problem is that the platformer genre needs to be mixed with another genre to make it interesting. Kirby has much more action, which I think makes the gameplay more interesting.

Pft.

Yall are fruitcakes.

King Harkinian said:
yoshiking14x said:
Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Kirby has stories?

At least they're different.

Even if they're all excuses in the grand scheme, you can tell the narrative, artistic, and stylistic difference between two Kirby games more than you can most Mario titles.

I've always felt Mario was more about the journey, the story is what you do in the game so to speak.

Basically the princess is just another flag pole to me.

The glitch from Maka Wuhu, everyone started doing it and it ruined the fun of racing on the course. Also most players continuously chose it just because of the glitch.

Cheesy said:
King Harkinian said:
yoshiking14x said:
Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
Magikrazy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Kirby has stories?

At least they're different.

Even if they're all excuses in the grand scheme, you can tell the narrative, artistic, and stylistic difference between two Kirby games more than you can most Mario titles.
A villain that turns the world into a painting. Your argument is invalid.

Back