Mario Kart 9 Ideas

Baby Luigi said:
you could say the same for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Well, they're an exception, but it's kind of weird having their baby versions alongside their normal selves. What REALLY grinds my gears is Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, etc. They never HAD baby characters outside of the spinoffs, and yet Nintendo still uses them. THAT is the creativity waste here.

Cynthia said:
Here's my roster and retro track list:
Keep in mind this is a handheld game roster. I think if it was for New 3DS or next-gen handheld it could maybe handle twelve racers. Also, since I predicted Koopalings for Mario Kart 8, I will predict another obsecure choice.

Starting roster:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi

Unlockable Characters:
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Toadette
Diddy Kong
Shy Guy
Kamek
Rosalina
Metal Mario
Birdo
Dry Bones
Boom Boom- obsecure character, there.

And I'm calling it for MK10, Baby Waluigi.

Boom Boom's not really obscure: in Super Mario 3D Land, he and Pom Pom were the main bosses.

It's highly recommended to not double post

Everything's about rosters and retro courses. What about modes, kart types and items??

A few item ideas I had were Ice Shells.
They slide across the road acting like Green Shells and when someone gets hit, they freeze just like getting hit by a Freezie in Sherbet Land.

A new kind of Blooper. It's a homing item and when you throw it and will leave a trail of ink the will cause racers to slow down if they go into it and if the Blooper does hit someone they will get inked.

Maybe even a bad item depending on what you get that will switch a part on your vehicle for the rest of the cup, races, whatever. That would be cool and somewhat a bad item item like getting the Thundercloud.

YoshiGo99 said:
Maybe even a bad item depending on what you get that will switch a part on your vehicle for the rest of the cup, races, whatever. That would be cool and somewhat a bad item item like getting the Thundercloud.
God no. I don't really like the ice shell item either; considering it actually FREEZES the player it sounds kinda OP. But the kart-switching item, oh sweet Jesus no. I don't want to suddenly have bad stats for the rest of a whole damn cup because I got a stupid item.

Paper Mario said:
YoshiGo99 said:
God no. I don't really like the ice shell item either; considering it actually FREEZES the player it sounds kinda OP. But the kart-switching item, oh sweet Jesus no. I don't want to suddenly have bad stats for the rest of a whole damn cup because I got a stupid item.
I think he means temporarily. Like, a few seconds or so.

Paper Mario said:
YoshiGo99 said:
God no. I don't really like the ice shell item either; considering it actually FREEZES the player it sounds kinda OP. But the kart-switching item, oh sweet Jesus no. I don't want to suddenly have bad stats for the rest of a whole dang cup because I got a stupid item.
Have you never played Double Dash? Your not frozen forever, just for a few seconds.

And people thought the Thundercloud was bad? I think the kart switching item sounds cool even if it's a bad item. Of course it wouldn't be so frequent, it would be a rare item, like Lucky 7 or Crazy 8 rare.

YoshiGo99 said:
Paper Mario said:
YoshiGo99 said:
God no. I don't really like the ice shell item either; considering it actually FREEZES the player it sounds kinda OP. But the kart-switching item, oh sweet Jesus no. I don't want to suddenly have bad stats for the rest of a whole dang cup because I got a stupid item.
Have you never played Double Dash? Your not frozen forever, just for a few seconds.

And people thought the Thundercloud was bad? I think the kart switching item sounds cool even if it's a bad item. Of course it wouldn't be so frequent, it would be a rare item, like Lucky 7 or Crazy 8 rare.

I don't like the part switching thing. I want to use the combo I like and not have it switched.

YoshiGo99 said:
I know but I always felt like it hit harder than a Blue Shell. Maybe I just suck at timing stuff but I always got pissed off if I was knocked into a freezie in DD.

Cynthia said:
Do you think the next gen handheld will even be powerful enough to handle a double dash mode?
I have a feeling it might. I mean, they may make a new Mario Kart for the new 3DS, so you never know.

Jeepers, it's been a looooooong time since I've last been on here. Let's see... my last post was... *checks* Dec. 2012! Yikes.
Anyhoo, here are my rosters:

Characters1
Feather-weights
Row 1: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Yoshi2, Baby Birdo, Baby Waluigi, Baby Rosalina, Toadsworth
Row 2: Toad, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, Paratroopa, Boo, Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Goomba, Lakitu

Light-weights
Row 1: Peach, Daisy, Pauline, Yoshi2, Birdo, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Baby Bowser, Koopa Kid
Row 2: Bowser Jr., Kamek, Larry Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, Noki, Tiny Kong, Baby DK, Baby Wario, E. Gadd

Medium-weights
Mario, Luigi, Wendy O. Koopa, Iggy Koopa, Hammer Bro., Blooper, Monty Mole, Penguin, Gearmo

Cruisers
Row 1: Donkey Kong, Funky Kong, Candy Kong, Waluigi, Pianta, Sledge Bro., Ludwig von Koopa, Roy Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr.
Row 2: Rosalina (accompanied by a Luma), Lubba, Wiggler, Flutter, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Kritter, R.O.B.

Heavy-weights
Bowser, Dry Bowser, Wario, King K. Rool, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Queen Bee, King Bob-omb, Goomboss

Mii3

Returning Items
Mushroom, Triple Mushrooms4, Golden Mushroom, Banana, Triple Bananas4, Fake Item Box, Green/Red Shell, Triple Green/Red Shells4, Blue Shell, Starman, Lightning, Bob-omb, Bullet Bill, POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Super Leaf, Fire Flower, Yoshi Egg5

New Items (with descriptions)
Ball: rolls around on the track in straight lines, bouncing off walls and karts. When a kart is hit, that kart suffers no damage, but is bumped in a semi-random direction (similar to a kart-on-kart collision). The Ball vanishes after a set number of bounces (I was thinking eight). When lying on the ground (after either coming out of a Yoshi Egg, or being dropped due to a Blue Shell, Lightning, etc.), starts rolling upon first collision with a kart (the first collision counts as a bounce).

Barrel: same size as the Bowser Shell in Double Dash!!, it travels in a straight line plowing through Karts and obstacles. If a driver is hit, they lose their items. The Barrel is destroyed when it hits a wall, or an equally-powerful item.

Pink Boo: searches for the racer with the best item, then steals the item and brings it to the user. (replaces Boo as an item)

Inky Piranha Plant: obstructs the view of drivers ahead of the user by spitting ink. Hangs from the top of the screen. (replaces Blooper as an item)

Notes
1) Several characters (including Miis) will be able to have costume changes. These costumes have no effect on gameplay, but they allow multiple players to play as the same character. E.G. one player can be Mario while another is Metal Mario or Tanooki Mario.

2) Yoshi will have his modern voice, Baby Yoshi will have Yoshi's classic voice.

3) The Mii's character slot, regardless of weight class, will be at the end of the Cruisers next to R.O.B.. Additionally, you can choose any Mii.

4) Only Triple Shells circle the vehicle. Triple Bananas trail behind single file while Triple Mushrooms stay in your inventory.

5) Woot! Returning from Double Dash!!, it has the same exact function (no Birdo Eggs this time though). It releases the following items from impact: Green/Red Shell, Mushroom, Bob-omb, Star, Ball.

Baby Luigi said:

I understand, but when I see a post I like, I just have to reply to it.

tumblr_n1lkk56z3u1rw80z2o10_500.gif

Anyway, my roster and new/returning-after-a-long-period-of-time items:

Roster
Default:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser
DK
Koopa
Yoshi
Wario
Daisy
Rosalina
Dry Bones

Unlocked:

Birdo (Finish any GP in first, second, or third place)
Nabbit (Finish all new courses in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place)
Boom Boom (Finish all retro courses in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place)
Toadette (Finish 150CC Mushroom Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Petey Piranha (Finish 150CC Flower Cup with a 3-star ranking)
King Boo (Finish 150CC Star Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Kamek (Finish 150CC Special Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Pom Pom (Finish 150CC Shell Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Diddy Kong (Finish 150CC Banana Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Shy Guy (Finish 150CC Leaf Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Lakitu (Finish 150CC Lightning Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Dry Bowser (Complete all mirror courses with a 3-star ranking)

New Items
Double cherry (splits user into two for a short period of time.)
Mega mushroom (returning)
Fire shell (speeds user up temporarily, leaving a trail of fire in its path)
Poison Mushroom (unless dropped, it will do everything a normal mushroom does in reverse.)
Bowser shell (returning)

Clawdia Koopa said:
Baby Luigi said:

I understand, but when I see a post I like, I just have to reply to it.

tumblr_n1lkk56z3u1rw80z2o10_500.gif

Anyway, my roster and new/returning-after-a-long-period-of-time items:

Roster
Default:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser
DK
Koopa
Yoshi
Wario
Daisy
Rosalina
Dry Bones

Unlocked:

Birdo (Finish any GP in first, second, or third place)
Nabbit (Finish all new courses in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place)
Boom Boom (Finish all retro courses in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place)
Toadette (Finish 150CC Mushroom Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Petey Piranha (Finish 150CC Flower Cup with a 3-star ranking)
King Boo (Finish 150CC Star Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Kamek (Finish 150CC Special Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Pom Pom (Finish 150CC Shell Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Diddy Kong (Finish 150CC Banana Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Shy Guy (Finish 150CC Leaf Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Lakitu (Finish 150CC Lightning Cup with a 3-star ranking)
Dry Bowser (Complete all mirror courses with a 3-star ranking)

New Items
Double cherry (splits user into two for a short period of time.)
Mega mushroom (returning)
Fire shell (speeds user up temporarily, leaving a trail of fire in its path)
Poison Mushroom (unless dropped, it will do everything a normal mushroom does in reverse.)
Bowser shell (returning)

Nabbit, but no Bowser Jr.?

Magikrazy said:
Because it's never too early.

If the pattern is continued, the game will be on a handheld, which means less characters than 8.

I can infer that there will be 20 characters because of another pattern (GBA's had 8, DS's had 12, 3DS's had 16 not counting Mii).

I'll predict the roster now.

Mii, obviously.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Toadette
Nabbit
Hammer Bro
Kamek
Rusted Copper Luigi

Please give feedback.
I'll do items later.

Magikrazy said:
I can infer that there will be 20 characters because of another pattern (GBA's had 8, DS's had 12, 3DS's had 16 not counting Mii).
What?
GBA's had 4, DS's had 8, 3DS's had 10 (9+1 unlockable) and it never had Mii.

Stargazing said:
Magikrazy said:
What?
This is completely wrong.

GBA had 8 (the 8 from 64), DS had 12 (GBA + Daisy, Dry Bones, Waluigi, ROB), and 3DS had 16 (SNES roster + Wario, Daisy, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Wiggler, Honey Queen, Lakitu) and a Mii.

Where did you get your numbers?

Magikrazy said:
Stargazing said:
Magikrazy said:
What?

GBA had 8 (the 8 from 64), DS had 12 (GBA + Daisy, Dry Bones, Waluigi, ROB), and 3DS had 16 (SNES roster + Wario, Daisy, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Wiggler, Honey Queen, Lakitu) and a Mii.

Mario Party

Fire Emblem Character said:
what is it with people confusing mario party and mario kart recently

I honestly have no idea. I just hope the next gen handheld is powerful enough to have Double Dash mode. I hope Bowser Jr returns too.

Magikrazy said:
Stargazing said:
Magikrazy said:
What?

Not Mario Kart.

Back