Super Mario Dimensions

Valerius Dover said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Will any Non-Mario characters be in it, like Kirby and Link?

Yeah, this is a crossover, not unlike Super Mario Bros. Z. I can confirm Sonic, Kirby, and Mega Man for Season 1 appearances. Others may come later.

Feel free to keep 'em coming. I can answer any questions. :D
Can Francis appear cosplaying as Greninja?

Lumastar said:
Can Francis appear cosplaying as Greninja?

I have thought of Francis, actually. There will be a tournament held in Glitzville at the beginning of the 2nd Season, so he may possibly appear there. Greninja is the Pokemon appearing in SSB4, correct? Not too familiar with Pokemon, but I could do that. ;D

Shy​ Guy said:
Can Captain Falcon and/or Ness be in it?

Falcon will debut at the aforementioned Tournament, but won't be a main recurring character. I don't know much about EarthBound yet, so I can't guarantee any notable role for Ness, but I can go ahead and say that every Smash character will make an appearance at the least. That doesn't mean everybody gets a part, though.

Posters coming soon, courtesy of Boozart. ;D

So, there haven't been any updates here, but it's actually not for the reason you think. The project is being reworked, not canceled.

The original idea was for Super Mario Dimensions to be a crossover sprite series set after the games, but I've changed things up considerably. I realized that I went a little overboard with the original material and characters, to the point that it would work as its own thing instead. So, what I'm doing is splitting this thing in half, into two unrelated projects. Project Dimensions is the unrelated thing, and therefore is irrelevant on a Mario forum. It's confidential for now.

What I'll be doing instead is an adaptation of the Mario series as a whole. The same type of format will be used (sprite animation). It will adapt each and every Mario adventure that has a plot.
It won't be a straight adaptation, though. Considerable liberties will be taken in order to avoid redundancy and keep things fresh.

I'll be starting with Donkey Kong, or rather Donkey Kong (mostly the GameBoy version) combined with elements from Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew. Main protagonists for this first arc are Mario, Stanley, and Foreman Spike (Breaky in Japan).
Another thing I've gone back and forth is on is which names to use. Japanese or American?

Anyway, as said, I'm currently looking for animators (yes, plural) and anyone who can arrange music. I haven't yet gotten word from Boozart regarding his involvement.

Back