Super Mario Dimensions

Valerius Dover

Koopa Troopa
Ok, so I just introduced myself recently and thought I might share something I've been coming up with for a while.

My brother and I are going to work on what may possibly be a new animated sprite series, in a similar vein to Alvin Earthworm's Super Mario Bros. Z. We're working on making it establish an identity of its own, however. It will be a multi-franchise crossover, like the Super Smash Bros. games, but will take place mostly in the Mario world. Any help or tips on animating would be much appreciated, since it is a HUGE project. It will be called Super Mario Dimensions. Well, it's a working title anyway. Used to be Super Mario Universe.

Some notes for the time being:
-It will account for the game timeline, and be accurate with the source material
-It will have original villains, as well as old ones.
-It will go through multiple arcs, but still focus on one main villain group
-It will have an original score courtesy of my brother, including many remixes from games and other sources
-I can confirm Sonic, Kirby, and Mega Man as appearing in the 1st Season (out of 4)

I with post arc pictures sometime soon (done in the style of movie posters).
I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place or anything. :P

Valerius Dover said:
Ok, so I just introduced myself recently and thought I might share something I've been coming up with for a while.

My brother and I are going to work on what may possibly be a new animated sprite series, in a similar vein to Alvin Earthworm's Super Mario Bros. Z. We're working on making it establish an identity of its own, however. It will be a multi-franchise crossover, like the Super Smash Bros. games, but will take place mostly in the Mario world. Any help or tips on animating would be much appreciated, since it is a HUGE project. It will be called Super Mario Dimensions. Well, it's a working title anyway. Used to be Super Mario Universe.

Some notes for the time being:
-It will account for the game timeline, and be accurate with the source material
-It will have original villains, as well as old ones.
-It will go through multiple arcs, but still focus on one main villain group
-It will have an original score courtesy of my brother, including many remixes from games and other sources
-I can confirm Sonic, Kirby, and Mega Man as appearing in the 1st Season (out of 4)

I with post arc pictures sometime soon (done in the style of movie posters).
I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place or anything. :P
Can Waluigi appear as a mafia leader?

Lumastar said:

:waluigi: will be in it, but I have something else planned for him. Although, that something else is not far off from your suggestion, actually. ;)

There will be mafia in this as well, including the Pianta Syndicate.

Here are arcs (which all happen at the same time) in the first season:
-Isle Delfino Arc
-Evershade Valley Arc
-Subcon Arc
-Dinosaur Land Arc
-Kitchen Island Arc
-Bowser's Kingdom Arc
-Beanbean Kingdom Arc
-Mushroom Kingdom Journey Arc
-Galaxy Arc

It'll start off with some introductory plot devices and go on and split into these arcs before joining in one big Season Finale. ;D

Valerius Dover said:
Lumastar said:

:waluigi: will be in it, but I have something else planned for him. Although, that something else is not far off from your suggestion, actually. ;)

There will be mafia in this as well, including the Pianta Syndicate.

Here are arcs (which all happen at the same time) in the first season:
-Isle Delfino Arc
-Evershade Valley Arc
-Subcon Arc
-Dinosaur Land Arc
-Kitchen Island Arc
-Bowser's Kingdom Arc
-Beanbean Kingdom Arc
-Mushroom Kingdom Journey Arc
-Galaxy Arc

It'll start off with some introductory plot devices and go on and split into these arcs before joining in one big Season Finale. ;D
Will Pi'illo Island and the Dream World appear?

Lumastar said:
Will Pi'illo Island and the Dream World appear?

I haven't played Dream Team yet (only just recently bought it). As a result, it's not in Season 1, but I will most likely have room for it later on.

See, thing is, we need people who can help animate. We're going to do an adaptation of Super Luigi as a test.

Awesome! I'm still working on a few things story-wise, so any pointers would be good. Just PM to receive details.

EDIT: I'm having trouble coming up with good names for a lot of the original characters. That would be useful.

Shy​ Guy said:
Can you have Shy Guy appear as an Anti-Hero?

General Guy will appear alongside several similar ranked members, such as Army Hammer Bro. and "not quite so original" original characters The Koopa General and Goomba General.

Yes, in fact the RPGs are more or less taking center stage in regards to story and locations.

I can confirm the following Mario & Luigi characters for the 1st Season.

-Popple (Now part of the Gold Fist Punch Gang)
-Elite Trio (Still working for Lord Bowser)
-Prince Peasley
-Queen Bean
-Lady Lima

Rogueport is in Season 1, just not as a main location. Hadn't thought of Dupree, but now that I think of it, it'd be hilarious to have him show up in various places! :lol:
Rogueport and Poshley Heights are involved in the trip to the Beanbean Kingdom.

There will be more of Rogueport in Season 2, yes. :D

Here's some more info. It'll primarily be a Star Piece hunt. As said, these are all at the same time, since they split up.

Isle Delfino Arc (Mario, Sonic, Rosalina, Goombella, Vivian, and 1 Surprise)

Evershade Valley Arc (Luigi, Daisy, E. Gadd, Dedede, and Bow)

Subcon Arc (Toad Brigade and 1 Most Unexpected Surprise)

Dinosaur Land Arc (Yoshi, Kirby, Lakilester, Sushie, Yoshi Kid, and 2 Surprises)

Kitchen Island (Wario, Waluigi, Meta Knight, Ms. Mowz, Admiral Bobbery, and 1 Surprise)

Journey to Beanbean Kingdom Arc (Mallow, Goombario, Watt, Flurrie, Birdo, and 2 Surprises)

Bowser's Kingdom Arc (Geno, Toadette, Parakarry, Kooper, and Koops)

Mushroom Kingdom Journey Arc (Peach, Bombette, Vector, Chan, Lee, and 4 Surprises)

Galaxy Arc (Tails, Big, and 4 Surprises)

Hello everyone!

I'm Boozart, Valerius' younger brother and co-writer. I will be doing the score and character designs and some of the voices.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention this in detail. Thanks, Boozart.

Unlike other sprite series, this one will have a new score (comprised of many remixes, courtesy of the mighty Boozart). It will also have full voice acting. No confirmed roles yet, but I'm hoping to do Yoshi.

The score will comprise of arrangements of different themes from various games, shows and original themes by me. Some insert songs may appear in certain scenes. Every character will have a signature tune.

Yes, Tatanga is in the Galaxy Arc.

Wart is not in the Subcon Arc, having turned to being a celebrity. However, he will have a minor role in the Bowser's Kingdom Arc, appearing in Neo Bowser City.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Will Fawful or Dimentio be in it?

(You could always BS a way for them to appear after dying the way they always do for Bowser)

No initial appearances in Season 1, but The Underwhere can become unstable with all the dimensional travel going on, don't you think? ;)

Shy​ Guy said:
Will any Non-Mario characters be in it, like Kirby and Link?

Yeah, this is a crossover, not unlike Super Mario Bros. Z. I can confirm Sonic, Kirby, and Mega Man for Season 1 appearances. Others may come later.

Feel free to keep 'em coming. I can answer any questions. :D

Back