"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

She's probably just doing the eyebrow thing that Spyro tends to do.

1706178-spyro_the_dragon.jpg

Nysic said:
Walkazo said:

i still love how you made my death based on something i had said earlier in the thread
I'm glad you liked it! Cramming in references to the thread (or to earlier chapters) wherever possible was one of my favourite parts of doing the comic.

Derpl Zork said:
they're all voting for me by their own free will btw, they're just hypnotized because it's fashionable

doomy's so cute <3
Suuuure they are. (Well, M4E is at any rate, maybe.)

He was always fun to draw, too - some avatars were pretty hard to not utterly mangle (including Edo's, argh), but some, like Guilmon, clicked right away.

The comic, from beginning to end, was fantastic.

Walkazo said:
Suuuure they are. (Well, M4E is at any rate, maybe.)

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Nope. Any more work I plan to do on this is just fixing up older panels, uploading the last in the in-progress stuff (probably tomorrow, when I have the fast computer at my disposal), working on the UP article and other such things pertaining to the completed story. Any new content will be up to the fans - and will be as welcome and appreciated as always! Sequels, prequels, more interquels, alternate chapters or AUs, shoutouts, whatever - if it makes you happy, go crazy.

Speaking of which, I stumbled upon the Wikiball version of Chapter 47 (by Vocal Beat) by chance today, and I couldn't believe I'd never seen it before, so here it is for anyone else who may have also tragically missed it:

Wikiball_18_1.gif

(Also, read the whole series it's great.)

Timetonope_01.png

Timetonope_02.png

Timetonope_03.png

Timetonope_04.png

Timetonope_05.png

Timetonope_06.png

Timetonope_07.png

Timetonope_08.png

Timetonope_09.png

Timetonope_10.png

I agree with Walkazo. This story is told and the two of us don't need to add to it further. If its scope is to expand beyond our telling of the tale, it'll be up to the fans.

Ok but what about Dragon Problem Tamers????????

Walkazo said:
Speaking of which, I stumbled upon the Wikiball version of Chapter 47 (by Vocal Beat) by chance today, and I couldn't believe I'd never seen it before, so here it is for anyone else who may have also tragically missed it:

Wikiball_18_1.gif

(Also, read the whole series it's great.)
Wow Vocal Beat got Edo's humor down exactly.

Shit, that new character doesn't treat Master Walkazo well. I shudder to think what she'd do to me *gulps*

So, I just now read all of this from Chapter 1 to Chapter 50 (including the side chapters)

diUrk9s.png

DragonFreak convinced me. Anyway, that was awesome!

DF knows what she's talking about. Glad you liked it too!

Duskull said:
Shit, that new character doesn't treat Master Walkazo well. I shudder to think what she'd do to me *gulps*
They'd probably try and force you to work for them instead. But don't you dare - being killed so ignobly would motivate me to stick around beyond the grave and figure out how to kill people in that state from Ghost Jam, and if you're on the usurper's side when I come to reclaim my library...

Nibbs said:
Ok but what about Dragon Problem Tamers????????
It's a bad idea:

Timetonope2_01.png

Timetonope2_02.png

Timetonope2_03.jpg

Timetonope2_04.png

Timetonope2_05.jpg

Timetonope2_06.png

Timetonope2_07.jpg

Timetonope2_08.png

Timetonope2_09.jpg

Timetonope2_10.png

Timetonope2_11.gif

Timetonope2_12.png

Timetonope2_13.png

Timetonope2_14.png

Timetoduel3_84.png

ok now I will accept this

gr8 sequel now continue this plot some more

I'm sorry. The program you've been watching has been cancelled in order to make room for more Spongebob.

It is in Canada. (Or at least, was, back when Digimon Tamers was airing... But only Spongebob is still airing...)

EDO said:
Should have slashed an obedience plug-in.
I decided it was more important to just show actual slash. You know it's what the people want in their spin-offs. You know it!

Work in progress stuff for Chapters 48 and 50:

Sketches / work in progress:
FqO0acm.png

Timetoduel3_x783.png

Timetoduel3_x729x792.png

Timetoduel3_x715x716x717.png

(the bottom right three of the last image were reference shots I used to make sure I always had the axe being swung by the dominant arm from different POVs and positions)

Timetoduel3_x722.png

(figuring out how to do the eye flames)

Timetoduel3_x734.png

(When the tentacle on the right turned out terrible, I used the page to sketch out the exact shape I wanted, from a rough sketch in my dayplanner I'd done months earlier. I used brown so as to not waste precious black marker life. The left was my second attempt, sketching over the first, but I coloured it in too much to make it look adequately glowy and wasn't happy with my stance either anyway, so I went back to the first and drafted my outline too (took two tries), and used the l panel to experiment with how I should do the background. I was originally going to have the "Boom" in that panel, but after testing out a but here too, I decided to keep it clean of words instead.)

Timetoduel3_x734x738.png

(right is practicing with the tentacle colours, plus a black sketch that reminds me of a vulture - can't remember what it was originally anymore; left was rejected due to the tentacle taking too long to thicken, and I figured I could do better with my look too)

Timetoduel3_x740.png

(it took a few tries to get this right: partly because I couldn't draw in a big circle freehand and partially because I was too picky: if I hadn't already traced a CD on this one to use as a guide for my next attempt, I probably would have relented and used it; the left circles are getting the colours right)

Timetoduel3_x799x800x801.png

(spacing the Samus/Shiggy/library/cityscape and shattered plaque panels, and figuring out which hand to have Javelin going "hmmmm" with)

Timetoduel3_x804x806x807.png

(top is figuring out the scale/spacing on a section of rejected 737 flicker lights, hence the lines; bottom is a failed attempt at Edo's corpse, which I then practiced drawing Marowak overtop of - sadly, the best version of Marowak I managed was here, on the left: originally in red but then I went over it in black to try and trace to some extent on the final version - which I still didn't like as much as this, so I kept it around, even tho having the two faces overlapping obscures it a lot - but in a weird, abstract art kinda way if you wanna put a positive spin on it, lol)

Timetoduel3_x806.png

(best drawing of Edo I've done, imo; sadly, it was too small and sketchy for the final product, and I couldn't quite reproduce it exactly on the larger scale)

Timetoduel3_x810.png

(Bottom right: at first I considered drawing me looking back at the city like how Marowak's leaving it behind, but I'd already done a couple cityscapes, and I didn't want to do a shot of looking down on the assembled crowd (bottom left) since crows shots are a pain and I already had a similar shot like that; so I went with me looking at the fire - but after I drew it, I decided to flip it so that the fire and my direction is opposite the sunrise and Marowak in the final shot; fortunately, I had forgotten to draw the horn notch at first, so after I made the decision to flip, I just drew it on the "other" horn so that it'd be right once it was scanned in and flipped.)

Rejected panels, etc.:
Timetoduel3_x719.png

(rejected because too many eye shots)

Timetoduel3_x725x788.png

(the left 876 was cropped in the final version; the right was replaced)

Timetoduel3_x731.png

(not sure why I didn't use this...)

Timetoduel3_x792.png

(full-size "Cooking with RAGE" to show off the details; the Toad was actually drawn in highlighter markers since I knew the scanner would wash them out like this)

Timetoduel3_x795.png

(didn't look quite enough like the original for my liking)

Timetoduel3_x798.png

(originally I was gonna splice this in, but then I thought it was too much trouble; this shows that the image was originally drawn the other way, however I wanted to move the words around more so I flipped it, even though the picture's now mirrored to the one in Starlow's office was - but knowing them, there's probably more pictures around anyway: perhaps this one's from Mario's office)

Timetoduel3_x800.png

(after doing it freehand failed miserably, I redid the whole plaque on a separate piece of paper and then cut and pasted it onto the panel; I only coloured the panel portions, but I kept the snipped bits and scanned them in to so that I could digitally reassemble the original paper just for the hell of it)

Timetoduel3_x805.png

(the flames were too high here, however I was able to splice the eyes onto the final version, whose face wasn't as satisfactorily drawn; like here, I also drew the star as being complete (but covered in hotdog bits) until I showed it to Edo and he pointed out that 876 smashed the star, so I had to edit it to be in pieces on the computer)

Timetoduel3_x809.png

(Marowak looked terrible in my first attempt at 809, but his horse stick was adorable)

Messing around and words:
Timetoduel3_x732.png

(didn't want to distract from the actual cake splat)

Timetoduel3_x791.png

(I forgot it was all uppercase at first; then I did it a few times to choose the best one)

Timetoduel3_xxx737.png

(experimenting with hue replacement for the flicker lights and axe flashes of 737 gave me a funky Andy Warhol sorta thing and what reminds me of a golden Mayan sundisk or whatever - so I kept them; I also find this shade of purple I stumbled upon so trippy for some reason, so I use this as a reference swatch)

Timetoduel3_x802.png

(I had to save drawing this panel until after the climax was posted, unlike the rest of Chapter 50, which was finished at the end of February, in case there were any latecomers to shove into one last cameo shot. But since my brother was editing the ending sequence into a video for me, I made a placeholder in the meantime.)

Timetoduel3_x811.png

(preparing the final "the end", I made this somehow by accident, but it was cool so I saved a copy before hitting "undo" and continuing with my real work - in hindsight, I should've used this for Dragon Problem Tamers instead of merely reusing the bloody "The End" panel for randomness.)

Back