CAPTAIN FALCON and Lucina and Robin

I wanted Chrom playable...

Dr. Javelin said:
Looks to me like Chrom is a swap of Lucina (they both use the same sword and everything), just like how male/female Robin are swaps of each other. They're not different characters.
Umm no. Chrom is part of Robin's final smash.

Lucina turning into Chrom makes no sense. why would a character have an alternate costume of another character entirely? It makes sense for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin because they can be a boy or a girl.

GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Looks to me like Chrom is a swap of Lucina (they both use the same sword and everything), just like how male/female Robin are swaps of each other. They're not different characters.
Umm no. Chrom is part of Robin's final smash.

Lucina turning into Chrom makes no sense. why would a character have an alternate costume of another character entirely? It makes sense for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin because they can be a boy or a girl.
To let people play as Chrom if they wanted to...? They're so similar it would work.

You haven't played Awakening, you wouldn't understand.

In that case, we may as well make Luigi a costume for Mario.

Sakurai has stated he doesn't want alternate costumes that change who the character is.

well fine then but it could easily work, they're so similar in the game

if lucina cut her hair and bulked up some she could pass for chrom from a distance, especially since they use the same sword and same fighting styles

Dr. Javelin said:
well fine then but it could easily work, they're so similar in the game

if lucina cut her hair and bulked up some she could pass for chrom from a distance, especially since they use the same sword and same fighting styles
Doesn't matter anyway 'cause Chrom is part of Robin's final smash.

Maybe as a DLC character, but that's just wishful thinking.

I am indifferent towards the newcomers.

Mainly because just about everyone I like is pretty much already in the game.

Did anybody else expect a character no one else thought had a chance? I was honestly expecting a character no one expected, like Magalor or Lord Fredrik or something.

Mcmadness said:

I'm a little bit the same way. I was pretty much sold already as soon as Sonic was confirmed to be returning. Any of the newcomers is just icing on the cake for me.

And retty much the one character I want to see most is a practically assured returnee (Ness, the only one of my mains from Brawl not confirmed yet)

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Did anybody else expect a character no one else thought had a chance? I was honestly expecting a character no one expected, like Magalor or Lord Fredrik or something.
It was a surprise since
1. Everyone expected Shulk.
2. Chrom and the Gematsu leak were deconfirmed.

Also, Lord Fredrik will not get in before King K. Rool (Magolor has a slight chance, though).

Northern Verve said:
Mcmadness said:

I'm a little bit the same way. I was pretty much sold already as soon as Sonic was confirmed to be returning. Any of the newcomers is just icing on the cake for me.

And retty much the one character I want to see most is a practically assured returnee (Ness, the only one of my mains from Brawl not confirmed yet)
You know, I don't see Ness returning. True, he is one of the classic characters, but Earthbound hasn't been around for quite a while.

Lumastar said:
It was a surprise since
1. Everyone expected Shulk.
2. Chrom and the Gematsu leak were deconfirmed.

Also, Lord Fredrik will not get in before King K. Rool (Magolor has a slight chance, though).
I really hoped for a Kirby newcomer. I'm in for Magolor, Waddle Dee, or Marx. Definitely Marx (though I don't see that happening).

Northern Verve said:
Mcmadness said:

You know, I don't see Ness returning. True, he is one of the classic characters, but Earthbound hasn't been around for quite a while.
What about Earthbound's port on the Wii U Virtual Console? Anyway, Sakurai's post on Miiverse on Captain Falcon shows that he doesn't care about the relevancy of the Original 12. Lucas might be cut, though.

supermariofan said:
By Waddle Dee you mean Bandana Dee right?
Yeah.

Unless we can get a Waddle Dee that wields a spear and a parasol...

The same could be said for Captain Falcon and F-Zero but look what happened today. The last F-Zero game was F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. The last Mother/Earthbound Series game was Mother 3 which came out in 2006. Nearly three years after F-Zero GX. While Ness wasn't in Mother 3. Ness has essentially become the series Legacy character because his game is the only one that received a worldwide release. More people have experienced Earthbound then people have had with Mother 3. So people are more familiar with Ness. And I don't think Sakurai is going to completely cut a Nintendo owned franchise completely out of the Roster.

We already saw Mr. Saturn as well among the items. So we know there's going to be Mother/Earthbound representation already. And even if there is a possibility that one of the two characters that were in Brawl are going to be cut. Right now Ness has more priority then Lucas. But I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to have them both return anyway.

GalacticPetey said:
Pretty sure Earthbound's anniversary is later this month.

Make of that what you will.
Oh. Then Ness is pretty much confirmed.

damn lucina & robin look pretty sick
captain falcon was an obvious veteran so not surprised there

fun fact: today is the anniversary of F-Zero X's release.

Tailmon said:
fun fact: today is the anniversary of F-Zero X's release.
Interesting...

The announcement is great an all. I know zilch about Fire Emblem but I enjoyed using Ike in Brawl.

Back