Mario Kart 9 Retro Track Speculation

don't care if it's cliche, loop-dee-loops are always awesome to drive in

Maᴙio said:
Lumastar said:
SKmarioman said:
In regards to the amount of tracks returning from each game, I'm pretty sure that it will be 2 from each game, excluding 64 which will have one. I expect there to be a focus on Super Circuit, much like how 8 had more N64 tracks and 7... well it had SNES Rainbow Road but it's likely that all of the Rainbow Roads will be used in order from now on, so the remaining 3 tracks will be from Super Circuit.

I really hope that some of the more obscure GBA tracks are used, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road are the main ones I hope for.

At the same time if there's going to be a Super Circuit theme for the game it's entirely possible that we might finally get more than 32 tracks total, that's something too many people have anticipated for the previous three games but now it's more likely than ever with the Super Circuit theme.
I want and expect Cheese Land, Ribbon Road, and Rainbow Road from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
Ribbon Road would've been perfect for the anti-gravity thing.
I know. It also needs a visual update.

Why would they ever remove the anti-gravity? That would be like removing Bikes- OH WAIT

While I expect anti-gravity to return in the next game, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't, since such course designs do require quite a bit of processing power to work right, maybe the fact that there are a few courses in 8 that almost don't use anti-gravity at all could be hinting to this, in a "just in case we can't" kind of way, or anti-gravity will be featured in the same way as DS did, where it's only for the Wii U tracks.

inb4 Mario Circuit without anti-gravity for MK9.

SKmarioman said:
While I expect anti-gravity to return in the next game, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't, since such course designs do require quite a bit of processing power to work right, maybe the fact that there are a few courses in 8 that almost don't use anti-gravity at all could be hinting to this, in a "just in case we can't" kind of way, or anti-gravity will be featured in the same way as DS did, where it's only for the Wii U tracks.

How would that be like the DS?

Only one track had inversions in DS being Rainbow Road, so if anti-gravity doesn't return in the same way as it is in MK8 it would probably still be in the game but only used for the tracks returning from 8, rather than being a significant part of the game.

Every MK8 nitro course has an anti-gravity part, so I don't know how it could be implemented in the next handheld, but it needs to return.

SKmarioman said:

Some courses in MK7 didn't have gliders or underwater sections. It still returned. All of the nitro tracks had anti-gravity, whether it was mandatory or optional.

Lakituthequick said:
There are two courses where it is optional, this being Toad Harbour and Bone Dry Dunes.

The anti-gravity in Bone-Dry Dunes is faster though

Princess Rosalina said:
SKmarioman said:

Some courses in MK7 didn't have gliders or underwater sections. It still returned. All of the nitro tracks had anti-gravity, whether it was mandatory or optional.
I didn't say I don't expect anti-gravity to return, I was just considering the possibility.

Here's what they have left

SNES
-Koopa Beach 1
-Ghost Valley 1
-Bowser Castle 1
-Choco Island 1
-Donut Plains 1
-Bowser Castle 2
-Koopa Beach 1
-Vanilla Lake 1
-Bowser Castle 3
-Mario Circuit 4
-Ghost Valley 3
-Vanilla Lake 2

N64
-Wario Stadium

GBA
-Riverside Park
-Boo Lake
-Cheese Land
-Cheep-Cheep Island
-Sunset Wilds
-Snow Land
-Ribbon Road
-Yoshi Desert
-Lakeside Park
-Broken Pier
-Bowser Castle 4
-Rainbow Road

GCN
-Mushroom City
-Wario Colosseum
-Bowser's Castle
-Rainbow Road

DS
-Figure 8-Circuit
-Shroom Ridge
-Mario Circuit
-Bowser Castle
-Rainbow Road

Wii
-Luigi Circuit
-Toad's Factory
-Mario Circuit
-DK Summit
-Wario's Gold Mine
-Daisy Circuit
-Dry Dry Ruins
-Moonview Highway
-Bowser's Castle
-Rainbow Road

3DS
-Toad Circuit
-Daisy Hills
-Cheep Cheep Lagoon
-Shy Guy Bazaar
-Wuhu Loop
-Mario Circuit
-Rock Rock Mountain
-Wario Shipyard
-Neo Bowser City
-Maka Wuhu
-Rosalina's Ice World
-Bowser's Castle
-Rainbow Road

Wii U
-All of them :P

I love how abused the N64 game was when it comes to retro track selection and how we still have practically only the good tracks from Super Circuit left.

Baby Man said:
I love how abused the N64 game was when it comes to retro track selection and how we still have practically only the good tracks from Super Circuit left.
In the next Mario Kart, expect Bowser Castle 4 to be the only returning Super Circuit track.

Maᴙio said:
Baby Man said:
In the next Mario Kart, expect Bowser Castle 4 to be the only returning Super Circuit track.

I feel like Nintendo won't do 2 tracks per game and an extra Super Circuit or 8 track to fill in the empty N64 slot. It will be like 1 track from SNES, N64, GBA, 3 from GCN, 2 from DS, 2 from Wii, 3 from 3DS and like 3 from Wii U. But that was just a random guess, not what I want to happen, I rather see 2 tracks from each MK and add in a 3rd Super Circuit or I guess Wii U since it's the most recent.

Maᴙio said:
Baby Man said:

If Rainbow Road from Super Circuit is not in the next Mario Kart and if Double Dash is in, I'll flip a table over*

*(if that happens, I probably won't do it but still get flippin' *no pun intended* pissed about it)

Baby Man said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Man said:

If Rainbow Road from Super Circuit is not in the next Mario Kart and if Double Dash is in, I'll flip a table over*

*(if that happens, I probably won't do it but still get flippin' *no pun intended* pissed about it)
Bowser's Castle 4 is the best Bowser's Castle in Super Circuit, but Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, and Rainbow Road deserve to return more.

Valerius Dover said:
Here's what they have left

SNES
-Koopa Beach 1
-Ghost Valley 1
-Bowser Castle 1
-Choco Island 1
-Donut Plains 1
-Bowser Castle 2
-Koopa Beach 1
-Vanilla Lake 1
-Bowser Castle 3