Mario Kart 9 Retro Track Speculation

Nysic

Power Star
I was bored so I did this. I chose 2 for each game, excluding N64 because it has one track left, and gave Wii U 3 tracks.

Shell:
DS Figure 8 Circuit
SNES Koopa Beach 1
GBA Ribbon Road
Wii Toad’s Factory

Banana:
3DS Wario Shipyard
DS Mario Circuit
GCN Mushroom City
Wii U Shy Guy Falls

Leaf:
SNES Vanilla Lake 2
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
Wii Wario’s Gold Mine
3DS Rock Rock Mountain

Lightning:
N64 Wario Stadium
Wii U Electrodrome
GCN Bowser’s Castle
GBA Rainbow Road

Considering there's already a roster speculation, discuss the retro tracks for MK9.

Shell_Cup_Logo_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

GCN Wario Colosseum
Wii U Twisted Mansion
GBA Cheese Land
DS Figure 8 Circuit

Banana_Cup_Logo_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

GBA Ribbon Road
DS Shroom Ridge
3DS Neo Bowser City
Wii Daisy Circuit

Leaf_Cup_Logo_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

SNES Vanilla Lake 2
Wii U Shy Guy Falls
GCN Mushroom City
Wii DK Summit

Lightning_Cup_Logo_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

3DS Rosalina's Ice World
Wii Wario's Gold Mine
DS Bowser's Castle
GBA Rainbow Road

YoshiGo99 said:
^there's still an N64 track left which I assume you forgot.
I chose to leave it out. Mainly because I forgot what it was... And mainly because I prefer consoles to handhelds.

Princess Rosalina said:

GCN Luigi Circuit
Wii U Twisted Mansion
GBA Cheese Land
DS Figure 8 Circuit
Personally I don't think they'll reuse a track if it's already appeared as a retro track.

Shell Cup
3DS Daisy Hills
Wii U Water Park
SNES Donut Plains 2
64 Wario Stadium

Banana Cup
GBA Yoshi Desert
Wii U Twisted Mansion
GCN Mushroom City
Wii Wario Gold Mine

Leaf Cup
Wii U Sunshine Airport
GCN Wario Colosseum
3DS Rock Rock Mountain
Wii DK Summit

Lightning Cup
3DS Neo Bowser City
Wii U Mount Wario
DS Bowser Castle
GBA Rainbow Road

I feel like they're going to do like a huge Wario thing with the next Mario Kart at least one of them. Wario Stadium (64), Wario Colosseum (GCN), Wario's Gold Mine (Wii), and Mount Wario (MK8) would seem like the pairing there would be.

I mean, I've noticed that usually all the tracks in each cup are different, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a surprise if I'm completely wrong (which I'm 90% sure I am) with this list. But hey, just what I threw together.

My choices:

Shell Cup
U Mario Circuit
SNES Ghost Valley 1
GBA Riverside Park
Wii Toad's Factory
Banana Cup
N64 Frappe Snowland
DS Shroom Ridge
GBA Cheese Land
U Shy Guy Falls
Cloud Cup
U Sunshine Airport
Wii Daisy Circuit
SNES Bowser Castle 2
3DS Wuhu Island Loop
Leaf Cup
N64 Wario Stadium
GBA Ribbon Road
U Electrodrome
GCN Wario Colosseum
Lightning Cup
U Cloudtop Cruise
3DS Koopa City
DS Bowser Castle
GCN Rainbow Road

I'd like Cheese Land....or ----, any GBA track that's not re-used/a Bowser Castle

Baby Luigi said:
I'd like Cheese Land....or ----, any GBA track that's not re-used/a Bowser Castle

They better have GBA Rainbow Road. If they don't, i'll never forgive them.

Ninelevendo said:
Koopa City was the best nitro track in MK7 by far.
Wrong, it's Piranha Plant Slide, unless you mean 3DS tracks that haven't been used as Retro tracks yet, but Neo Bowser City is still still one of my top MK7 courses.

Mario Kart 9 can do 2 retro tracks from each MK... Well N64 would get 1 but GBA can take that second N64 spot or SNES but I would choose a GBA course for that spot.

My list, this is if it is a handheld game with no Anti Gravity..

Shell:
1. Wii U Mario Kart Stadium
2. 3DS Cheep Cheep Lagoon
3. Wii DK Summit
4. GBA Cheese Land
Banana:
1. 3DS Rock Rock Mountain
2. SNES Vanilla Lake 2
3. DS Mario Circuit
4. GBA Ribbon Road or GBA Lakeside Park
Leaf:
1. SNES Ghost Valley 3
2. GCN Bowser's Castle
3. Wii U Toad Harbor
4. Wii Wario's Gold Mine
Lightning:
1. N64 Wario Stadium
2. GCN Mushroom City
3. DS Bowser's Castle
4. GBA Rainbow Road

Duskull said:
Princess Rosalina said:

GCN Luigi Circuit
Wii U Twisted Mansion
GBA Cheese Land
DS Figure 8 Circuit
Personally I don't think they'll reuse a track if it's already appeared as a retro track.
Oops, I forgot. Off to change that.

YoshiGo99 said:
Ninelevendo said:
Koopa City was the best nitro track in MK7 by far.
Wrong, it's Piranha Plant Slide, unless you mean 3DS tracks that haven't been used as Retro tracks yet, but Neo Bowser City is still still one of my top MK7 courses.

Wrong again. KOOPA CITY WAS BETTER. I like it because of the Awesome music, the heavy involvement of drifting, and not to mention the theme and music. But Pirhana Plant Pipeway was also one of my fav Nitro Tracks, so I can forgive you. Don't you hate those name changes? Especally when some are better, and some are worse?

Ninelevendo said:
I like it because of the Awesome music, the heavy involvement of drifting, and not to mention the theme and music.
Heh.

Ninelevendo said:
But Pirhana Plant Pipeway was also one of my fav Nitro Tracks, so I can forgive you. Don't you hate those name changes? Especally when some are better, and some are worse?
They never changed it's name.

Lakituthequick said:
Ninelevendo said:
I like it because of the Awesome music, the heavy involvement of drifting, and not to mention the theme and music.
Heh.

Ninelevendo said:
But Pirhana Plant Pipeway was also one of my fav Nitro Tracks, so I can forgive you. Don't you hate those name changes? Especally when some are better, and some are worse?
It's the European is name that got changed, though?

Maᴙio said:
Lakituthequick said:
Ninelevendo said:
It's the European is name that got changed, though?
Nope.

Both on 3DS and Wii U it's called Piranha Plant Pipeway in Europe, and as Slide in America.

In regards to the amount of tracks returning from each game, I'm pretty sure that it will be 2 from each game, excluding 64 which will have one. I expect there to be a focus on Super Circuit, much like how 8 had more N64 tracks and 7... well it had SNES Rainbow Road but it's likely that all of the Rainbow Roads will be used in order from now on, so the remaining 3 tracks will be from Super Circuit.

I really hope that some of the more obscure GBA tracks are used, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road are the main ones I hope for.

At the same time if there's going to be a Super Circuit theme for the game it's entirely possible that we might finally get more than 32 tracks total, that's something too many people have anticipated for the previous three games but now it's more likely than ever with the Super Circuit theme.

SKmarioman said:
In regards to the amount of tracks returning from each game, I'm pretty sure that it will be 2 from each game, excluding 64 which will have one. I expect there to be a focus on Super Circuit, much like how 8 had more N64 tracks and 7... well it had SNES Rainbow Road but it's likely that all of the Rainbow Roads will be used in order from now on, so the remaining 3 tracks will be from Super Circuit.

I really hope that some of the more obscure GBA tracks are used, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road are the main ones I hope for.

At the same time if there's going to be a Super Circuit theme for the game it's entirely possible that we might finally get more than 32 tracks total, that's something too many people have anticipated for the previous three games but now it's more likely than ever with the Super Circuit theme.
I want and expect Cheese Land, Ribbon Road, and Rainbow Road from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

Hell I wish Mario Kart 8 featured a loop the loop of some sort. Disappointed in that department

Lumastar said:
SKmarioman said:

I want and expect Cheese Land, Ribbon Road, and Rainbow Road from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
Ribbon Road would've been perfect for the anti-gravity thing.

Back