Don't look at this. This was back when I was stupid.

Re: Musical artists that you hate

IS SOMEBODY BEING SEXIST HERE?
*gets out gun*

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
But if they're horrible people, that's when I have problems. I don't give a *bleep* about Beiber's music, but every time I see the latest bull*bleep* he did, that's when I really start hating him.

That's the main reason I hate Bieber

Other than that I don't really give a ---- about music I don't even listen to at all unless it gets forced onto me.
Yeah, Bieber is a dick, like the whole drink driving thing, the 'rape happens for a reason' thing and the anne frank house thing too. I never liked his music, but he is a shitty person too.

I hate Katy Perry, Bieber, Rihanna, L'il Wayne, Drake...

BVB Guy said:
*yelling at me for liking lady gaga*
hey charles dickens, I came here to talk about my musical interests, not to read a novel

I don't really hate any music artists' work since I barely even listen to music outside of Vocaloid or music from shows/games/movies that i've watched/played

BVB Guy said:
Haruka Nanase said:
*gets out gun*

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
But if they're horrible people, that's when I have problems. I don't give a *bleep* about Beiber's music, but every time I see the latest bull*bleep* he did, that's when I really start hating him.

Other than that I don't really give a ---- about music I don't even listen to at all unless it gets forced onto me.
Yeah, Bieber is a dick, like the whole drink driving thing, the 'rape happens for a reason' thing and the anne frank house thing too. I never liked his music, but he is a shitty person too.
Um, no sir* o_o
*m'am

Haruka Nanase said:
BVB Guy said:
Haruka Nanase said:
*gets out gun*

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Um, no sir* o_o
*m'am
Sorry, m'am, I didn't check your profile.

BVB Guy said:
Damn, I'm not a fucking sexist. I've heard a song by Beyonce and liked it. I'm just against the whole slut thing. What's wrong with being against the whole "I wanna fuck everyone" thing? I just never liked Gaga's style of music for some reason(I'm not even sure it still makes my stomach churn anymore). Don't just assume that someone is sexist just because he doesn't like pop princesses and has something against prostitution(Thall shall not commit adultery). I don't get stomaches from all pop music, I just stated that there are some pop artists I like. I'll admit that some of the stuff Gaga did was kinda cool, but I'm apposed to the whole thing about tying someone to the bed. "Applause" sounds pretty good. I'm probably more on Lady Gaga than a bunch of things. If she comes on the radio, I'll sit through it despite not being much on her. I'd listen to Lady Gaga over Winger(I also hate 80s glam metal) and Hinder(Singer sounds like a mixture of Chad Kroeger and Vince Neil, enough said). I probably like something from nearly every genre I've heard. Let's just end this discussion, we're getting off topic. Let's stop dissing people for their taste in music. I'm not calling you an ass for liking Lady Gaga. I get it, you love Lady Gaga so much and you're tired of her hatred. Now let's get back on topic.

BVB Guy said:
Haruka Nanase said:
*gets out gun*

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Um, no sir. o_o
Vladimir Puddin said:
Hate to butt in but I want to shine some light on some things that other people probably don't feel like putting the energy into saying.

BVB Guy said:
Damn, I'm not a fucking sexist. I've heard a song by Beyonce and liked it.
Just to let you know, "I'm not (x)ist because I like some things by an (x)" is faulty logic and I recommend avoiding using that formula in in defense of an opinion. Liking music from one woman doesn't decrease or increase how sexist you are. Having an (x) friend or liking what an (x) does doesn't decrease or increase how bigoted against (x)s you are.

BVB Guy said:
I'm just against the whole slut thing. What's wrong with being against the whole "I wanna fuck everyone" thing? [---] Don't just assume that someone is sexist just because he doesn't like pop princesses and has something against prostitution(Thall shall not commit adultery).
One reason you're coming across as sexist is because you're using gendered insults such as "slut." But even if you had said "BTW, I also don't like it when men want to 'fuck everyone' either," people still would've been pissed. The thing "wrong" with being against sexual freedom is that it's... inconsiderate of peoples' freedom.

Being against sexual freedom is a value that some Christians hold, but it's not a popular value. So don't be surprised if people get offended when you slut-shame on a secular internet forum. (BTW y'all, I support sexual freedom myself and I'm against bigoted values but I'm trying to make my post as neutral as possible.)

One final note, you don't HAVE to like Lady Gaga and you don't HAVE to like Lady Gaga's music. I'm neutral toward Lady Gaga and her music (I'm not a pop fan and I dislike celebrity gossip culture.) No one's forcing you to like Lady Gaga (and if they are, that's their issue) but if your reasoning for disliking her is because you think she's a slut, then you're going to offend people.
I don't say that I dislike their music because they dress like sluts, I'm just not into their music. I kinda prejudged Gaga if you think about it, even if I hate her stage name, she still isn't the worst. When men want to [bleep] everyone, I'm sure it's just as bad. Lil' Wayne would perhaps be an example even though actually I hate him for his lyrics and his voice. I don't know why everyone in my hometown likes him. Anyway, let's get on with hated musical artists.

basically yeah, what Puddin said. If you don't want to sound like a sexist maybe you should drop all of the gendered attacks and the belief that showing some skin instantly means you're a slut. You seem to be under the belief that literally everything Lady Gaga sings about is sex, but if you wouldn't be so hard-headed and actually listened to more than one thing you'd realize that it's probably only a song or two on the album. Like honestly what song of hers did you hear that was about tying people to bed because I haven't heard it yet (and totally want to if it exists)? Stop making things up to prove a point, it's called a strawman fallacy, and is basically admitting that you don't know dick about what you're saying. I don't like overly sexual things too--Beyoncé's new album has a few songs that are way too sexual for my tastes, including a very obvious description and summary of a night of wild sex, but I just simply don't listen to the song. I'm not going to shit myself over it and go on some internet crusade against her. Unless you're listening to gospel or christian rock you're pretty much not going to find a single music artist in any genre that doesn't include sex in one of their songs, whether explicitly or symbolic or just naturally since it's not that big of a deal.

If you wanted to say that you just simply didn't like their music, perhaps you should've left out that entire tirade about how you hate "pop princesses" who are massive sluts. It's perfectly fine to not like the style and that's all it should've been left at. I assumed you were an ignorant sexist and a total ass because you linked being a pop singer directly with prostitution, and even the implication that someone singing a song about sex directly means they're a prostitute is kind of a shitty thing to say in itself. If you want to go on the defensive and say that I'm dissing your taste in music, you better check yourself with how easily you're tossing around the word "hate" on things and just generally being really ignorant about things you don't directly listen to. I do like Lady Gaga and the reason I'm defending her is because pretty much every point you brought up against her was either completely wrong and not even a thing that exists, or just a reflection of your own prejudices that have no place in this century.

^^this
Anyone who thinks that the clothing a woman wears or what a woman says automatically makes her a 'slut', or on the other end of the spectrum 'prude' needs to reconsider their life choices

Maybe you should stop calling women sluts for simple reasons before you dig yourself a deeper hole.

If I or any other woman enjoys flirting, casual sex, or being a sex worker, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's their desire, and their sexual freedom, and it's ridiculous to shame them for it based on archaic views of sexuality, particularly when, inversely, men get held up on a glorified pedestal for engaging in the exact same sexual behaviour.

If singing about sex makes you a prostitute, then every musician is a prostitute.

Also KoopaGuy, what Madonna songs did you listen to?

I also hate Kidz Bop. Their remixes of pop songs are awful and don't need to exist.

BVB Guy said:
I mean, I know you're doing something good and being different from the other pop stars but that doesn't make you very original and you shouldn't be crying because your song won an award.

No musician anywhere should ever show gratitude in any way if people like what they produce.

BVB Guy said:
I mean, I know you're doing something good and being different from the other pop stars but that doesn't make you very original and you shouldn't be crying because your song won an award.

Doing something different apparently doesn't make you original anymore, ok.

Winning a prestigious award after working hard on it shouldn't bring on emotions and should instead be welcomed with monotonous "I did it", ok.

Dude like really please stop trying to force yourself to hate her.

BVB Guy said:
Magikrazy said:
If singing about sex makes you a prostitute, then every musician is a prostitute.

Also KoopaGuy, what Madonna songs did you listen to?
"Like a Prayer" and also, I heard that Lady Gaga ripped her off. Lady Gaga also takes herself too seriously. I mean, I know you're doing something good and being different from the other pop stars but that doesn't make you very original and you shouldn't be crying because your song won an award. Now I feel like singing one of her songs as a joke and then doing fake crying at the end saying "Uhuhhuhuh! So beautiful. :'D" kinda like these guys did.
1. I wouldn't say Lady Gaga ripped off Madonna. She just takes inspiration from her. Although there have been several similarities between their songs (try listening to Madonna's "Express Yourself" and Gaga's "Born This Way".
2. Per Anton.

BVB Guy said:
I'm saying she's different from other main pop stars, but she still got the whole art thing from others and her style of music has no doubt been done before. She's definitely different from Miley Cyrus and all, but she still has similarities to older musical artists. I don't hate her as much as I used to, I just think she took herself too seriously. I'll admit that I kinda like the way "Applause" or whatever sounds.

You do realize that not a single person lives in a vacuum, right? Of course there's going to always be similarities, of course someone will have always done something kinda like it before, but I'd really like to have you provide me with examples of what she's taken inspiration from instead of just simply saying she has. I would like you to explain why you think she's taking herself too seriously, though, like what kind of qualifications does one have to achieve to take oneself too seriously? I'd also like to know why either of these things are being portrayed as a negative.

And by "I don't hate her as much as I used to", is that "used to" the way you were acting maybe 5 posts ago because wowo you're sure doubling back on your opinion of her the more I moan at you about your generic 2009 opinions of her.

BVB Guy said:
Yeah, I was basically giving my 2012 opinions on her. I decided to give her another chance instead of just taking what I heard from reviews of her. Now about taking herself too seriously, I mean that crying because she won an award. Even if that's not exactly taking herself too seriously, you still gotta admit that she's putting a little too much emotion in there. It's like, whoa there, Gaga. o_0 If that were me, I would say "Thank you so much, I absolutely love you all for this. Y'all are being way too kind. Now here is my song. It's called, 'Born This Way'," as apposed to ACTUALLY CRYING over that. And coming from someone like me, that means something.

I'd prefer if you gave your current opinion of her as well as your own opinion of her, not just what you heard 2 years ago but don't really think for yourself. And if that's honestly all you mean by taking herself too seriously you sure do have a lot more to learn in the world. Sometimes people cry when they're overjoyed about winning an award. Like I really don't even know how to reply to that because that belief is just a little bit too absurd and only really is an example of your limited knowledge of human emotions. Do you have a link to the video of this thing you're talking about or is this just another thing you happened to hear from someone else a few years ago and don't actually know for yourself?

BVB Guy said:
Here ya go
I'd say that she's overreacting. She seems to have anxiety issues or something. I actually feel kinda bad for her now.

Yeah, like I said, I'm gonna chalk this up to you having limited knowledge of human emotions. I see absolutely nothing wrong with her reaction or anything that seems to indicate anxiety. Winning this award was her being shown that she has an enormous fanbase and can skyrocket past her first album and still keep a name for herself, in addition to Cher being the one to hand her the award. She didn't burst into mad hysterics, she simply had a tear running down her face while she thanked the audience, her fans, her family, etc. Unless this is the first time you've ever seen an award ceremony or have something against her for literally no reason, I see no reason why you're saying what you've been saying about her and this award acceptance.

Digging deeper into this, that music video that won was the beginning of her delving into her own style rather than copying the pop star formula, and it showed that she can find success by being herself. Do you really feel bad for her about that?

BVB Guy said:
I guess before saying that I hate something, I should probably dive deeper into it.

Congrats on finally getting the point that I was trying to make the entire time I've been commenting in this thread.

well, he doesn't have to go deeper. sometimes you just don't like something and you can't explain it very well

and regardless of whether he explains it or not, i doubt you can change his opinion. it might help you accept it a little more, i suppose

I'm well aware that he doesn't have to go deeper because free will is a thing that exists, but if he'd like his opinions not to be horribly wrong and offensive then I guess he's gonna have to. Did you even read the conversation before backing him up with the "sometimes you just don't like something"?

Back