WarioWare Portal

hTpIHzI.png

This isn't technically relevant, but I have to ask about the Dancing Monkeys and Mona's bear in Smooth Moves. They appear for a couple of seconds as a part of Mona's "entourage" in Young Cricket's stage... and as far as I can tell, that's the only place where they appear. They have names and make appearances and all that, so they should have articles, but at the same time, there's nothing to write about besides "they exist". So... should we sort of ignore them? Lump them into Mona's article?

Just lump it into Mona's article (and be coherent), since Mona does have a recurring theme of having random mini animals with her.

that's not their only appearance in the game though

tumblr_m17i2pZCoY1ql3o7so1_500.png

but yeah they probably deserve a mention in the references page more than they do in Mona's article or in an article of their own, I mean the space bunnies are also from Rhythm Heaven but they're actually Orbulon's recurring minions instead of a one-off 'pet'/cameo appearance

Wouldn't it be better if you extended the table to fit across the page?

I believe the table from Smooth Moves can benefit from that, too.

The Story chart isn't full-width because it's too close to the infobox. I'm not sure if a table's even the best way to organize the Story stuff tbh. Seems like you could easily just have subsections with LLQuote, regular thumbnail images and {{br}}.

That works too, but reformatting everything should be the touching-up of the article, not the focus.

Well, this is related to WarioWare, so...Crygor's Inventions. I took aim at a few of them a while ago, but it eventually ended up getting forgotten about. Well, since there are still a few...questionable pages in it, I figured I may as well put my thoughts on them here:
-Super MakerMatic 21 has been fixed up, so yay.
-Kelorometer...I have mixed feelings about it. While in its current state I'd say to nix it outright, depending on the subject's validity to be an article, it could be made more about the mode then useless information on the object itself, like the aftermentioned Super MakerMatic.
-Wario Bike: Keep it, although whether this would be the case if it had the WarioWare appearances alone is something else entirely.
-Wario Car: Same as Wario Bike.
-Mona's scooter: ...and here's where that second part of my comment on Wario Bike comes into play. Without having made any appearances outside of the series...there's just about nothing here. I honestly think it should be deleted.
-SK8: Same as Mona's scooter.
-Mike: It should be self-explanatory that, yes, a recurring character gets a page.
-Jimmy T.'s cell phone: I really see no reason why this should have a page.

They're items, aren't they? They have official names, they serve purposes in the story, they're used repeatedly by characters... I frankly don't see why they shouldn't have articles.

Time Turner said:
They're items, aren't they? They have official names, they serve purposes in the story, they're used repeatedly by characters... I frankly don't see why they shouldn't have articles.
I think they're better off merged with their respective articles, such as Mona's Scooter. The Scooter serves no gameplay function either. It's just there during the cutscenes.

I added a development section on the Twisted page. Kinda bummed out I couldn't directly quote this amusing little thing from a Metroid database article:

Iwata placed [the demo] on a twisty chair, which was spun like a record. Iwata thought it was so stupid and so Sakamoto knew it was a success.

Ya did (are doing? Whatev) good, Time Turner.

Thank ya kindly.

Pretty much the last thing that needs to be done for the Twisted article is a section for regional differences, and even then, it's not necessary.

Sweet.

Right now, I'm in the middle of beating Twisted 100% (oh the horror) so that I can add some information for the Twisted souvenir unlocked by 100%. I'll be inconvenienced for a while.

Your selfless sacrifice for the motherland will be remembered for two minutes, that I assure you.

Time Turner said:
Right now, I'm in the middle of beating Twisted 100% (oh the horror) so that I can add some information for the Twisted souvenir unlocked by 100%. I'll be inconvenienced for a while.
What... it's a bad game?

Surprisingly, there has been some progress on the WarioWare series page. But my priorities are messed up now.

EDIT: I did some minor edits regarding the Twisted page. Oh, it's just some minor rewriting here and there, don't be bothered.

EDIT: Question: I'm eventually going to work on the character sections in the WarioWare series article. Should certain characters (Dribble and Spitz, Ashley and Red) be grouped together for the description? Finally, aside from character tables, does the series page need additional details? Do WarioWare games have recurring gameplay features (such as souvenirs in WarioWare:Touched!)? I think there are some things missing, but I can't put my finger on it.

Maᴙio said:
Time Turner said:
What... it's a bad game?
J'étais sarcastique.

Maᴙio said:
EDIT: I did some minor edits regarding the Twisted page. Oh, it's just some minor rewriting here and there, don't be bothered.
Honestly, there are a few things here and there that sound off to me, but overall, it's less clunky, so I won't be bothered.

Maᴙio said:
EDIT: Question: I'm eventually going to work on the character sections in the WarioWare series article. Should certain characters (Dribble and Spitz, Ashley and Red) be grouped together for the description? Finally, aside from character tables, does the series page need additional details? Do WarioWare games have recurring gameplay features (such as souvenirs in WarioWare:Touched!)? I think there are some things missing, but I can't put my finger on it.
If they're merged together in the article, it'd probably be best to list them together. If they don't have enough for separate articles, haine separate descriptions would be rather tricky, no? besides that, there's not much else that reappears between games other than notable objects, like Mona's scooter (it has a name, has a different function than in real life, appears many times, seriously excluding things just because of gameplay is odd in a game where the characters don't even make an appearance in the microgames), but other than that I'm coming up with blanks for what to add. Souvenirs only appeared in two games, and differed rather largely between them.

I managed to get a hold of a Japenese Twisted ROM that came unlocked with pretty much everything. Anything in particular you guys think would be useful?

Time Turner said:
Maᴙio said:
Time Turner said:
What... it's a bad game?
J'étais sarcastique.

Maᴙio said:
Honestly, there are a few things here and there that sound off to me, but overall, it's less clunky, so I won't be bothered.

Maᴙio said:
If they're merged together in the article, it'd probably be best to list them together. If they don't have enough for separate articles, haine separate descriptions would be rather tricky, no? besides that, there's not much else that reappears between games other than notable objects, like Mona's scooter (it has a name, has a different function than in real life, appears many times, seriously excluding things just because of gameplay is odd in a game where the characters don't even make an appearance in the microgames), but other than that I'm coming up with blanks for what to add. Souvenirs only appeared in two games, and differed rather largely between them.
I thought it was a self-deprecating joke, lol. I was trying to cut words the most I can and maybe do a few rewriting. As for the last part, thanks for the input, I'll see what I can do.

Felicitations, BTW.

Merci!

With the templates for the WW games, I've basically just dumped everything from the character credits (Inc., Twisted, Touched, and Smooth Moves) onto them. The thing is, I'm not sure if some of them deserve articles, or in some cases, who they actually are. So, I'm gonna list all the red links/redirects to incorrect articles from those templates and we can decide who's who and who gets articles.

WarioWare Inc.
[GB - As far as I can tell, this one's the Game Boy that 9-Volt hangs out with in his house. I'm not certain if that's what it's referring to, but if this is the case, we could just list in on the Game Boy article, right?

WarioWare: Twisted!
The Yum-Yums - Mona Pizza says that the Yum-Yums sing the "yums" in the Mona Pizza song, but that's the only article that claims anything like that. I'm coming up with a blank for a physical appearance in-game.

Ocktor - I have no idea. I assume that he's something in either Kat & Ana's stage or Orbulon's stage, since the credits are ordered by appearance, but I have absolutely no idea what Ocktor could be. Maybe he's that alien that Dribble & Spitz pick up?

Space Monster Gabriel - This guy's probably the giant planet that eats Orbulon. He appears for maybe ten seconds to swallow Orbulon and then spit him out, and I'm not sure if that merits an article.

Pip Squeak - I don't have even the faintest idea what this thing is. He's listed at the end, so I'd assume that he appears in Wario-Man's stage, but the Pizza Patrons are also listed there, and they appear nearly at the start. My only guess is that Pip Squeak is a baby that appears in Mona's losing screen, but other than that, I have no idea.

Pizza Patrons - Simple: they're the ones that order pizza from Mona. However, all they do is order pizza and watch tv (we don't even see their faces), so are they worth an article?

Sugar - In Touched, there's a listed "Sugar the Club Owner", so I'm gonna assume that he's the blond guy that pesters Jimmy at Club Sugar. I should probably make an article for him.

WarioWare: Touched!!
Moles - Complete and utter blank. Wonderful start, huh?

Cavity - I'm gonna assume that the cavities that you scratch off Wario's teeth are, in fact, this Cavity. They're very minimal in their appearance, though.

The Pork Loins - One of the singers that is listed in Mona's stage. Unlike the others, their song doesn't appear at any point (I think), so they don't have as much support for an article.

The Security Dudes - They're two guys with "security" on their chests that do absolutely nothing but stand there. If we're not giving articles to someone, it should be for these guys.

Ashley's Creepy Crew - I've got no clue for this one as well. Glowsquid, any idea?

Fligby - As it turns out, I know more about Twisted than I do about Touched.

Wario Virus/Awful Virus - A set of two viruses in Wario's stomach. The awful one appears because he's sick, the wario one appears after he eats a bad onion (which eats the awful one), and both appear for about twenty seconds.

Rocky the Reporter - There's a dalmatian-skinned Ken the Reporter that appears in the credits. He really doesn't do much other than report on Wario's new game, but at least I can actually (maybe) recognize him.

Sugar the Club Owner - If Sugar's who I think he is, I have not seen a single trace of him throughout the entire game.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves!!
Mona's Bear/Dancing Monkeys - They appear in Mona's group for about two seconds and that's about it. We've already discussed it, and they're really not worth giving articles to.

Park Street Residents - Considering Park Street is where Young Cricket gets his food, I'm assuming the residents are all those people he walked over. They're stepping stones, then they're mad at him, and that's about it.

Diamond Academy Audience - The Game & Watch look-a-likes that cheer during Penny and Crygor's Invent-Off. They... don't do much else other than be there.

Fan Kids in the Shop - These are likely the four kids that appear at the game shop 18-Volt goes to. They get entertained by Iwata and act as the stage's lives, but that's about it.

With all that stuff out of the way (and off my chest), I'd appreciate it if people could throw in their thoughts.

Ashley's Creepy Crew - I've got no clue for this one as well. Glowsquid, any idea?

that's the chorus in Ashley's song.

Back