FIFA World Cup 2014

Who do you think will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Uruguay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

• Ecuador

• Ghana

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Algeria

• Ivory Coast

• Costa Rica

• Honduras

• Mexico

• South Korea

• Iran

• Belgium

• Bosnia-Herzegovina

• Croatia

• Portugal

• Russia

• Switzerland

• Greece

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And so, Duskull's confidence in Italy proves to be misplaced.

So it seems. Oh well, didn't expect England to make it out of the group stage.

Italy's not down for the count yet. They still have to lose to Uruguay on the 24th to be knocked out completely.

Here's hoping for an upset. :/

Toad Eightyfive said:
Italy's not down for the count yet. They still have to lose to Uruguay on the 24th to be knocked out completely.

Here's hoping for an upset. :/
god i hope so. italy's my team, and even though i have faith in them, many people around me are saying uruguay's gonna come out on top. hoping for the underdog factor to come into play

Netherlands, Germany, France playing good but other European teams playing bad.

Also Ecuador did a great job in the match. Ecuador beats Honduras by 1 point difference. ;)

Amazing goal by Messi done in the 91st minute to win the game against Iran, 1-0. had a gif of it but can't seem to find it..

EDIT:
tumblr_n7j850NvBQ1ry3rxao3_250.gif

tumblr_n7j850NvBQ1ry3rxao2_250.gif

EDIT 2: Germany tied with Ghana, but Thomas Muller from Germany suffered a major injury in the last few seconds of the game. Putting a link to it in spoilers because it has major blood in it

https://twitter.com/waleedabunada/status/480453972948701184/photo/1

Belgium survived the Russians. 1-0 the final.

Algeria beats Korea 4-2.
Up next: US vs Portugal.

I think South Korea is eliminate.
Algeria did well. ;)

I think in the final in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Netherlands, France, etc.. happens.

Netherland vs. Chile is going on today, and the first half was boring as hell.

Edit: The match ended 2-0 in the end, so all's well that ends well! :D

Well, both the US and Germany aren't done yet-they face each other tomorrow. The US advances if they tie the game or win (the least likely of the two outcomes) and Germany advances if the US loses.

Plus, I found out that this game will actually be shown to the public at Cadillac Square in downtown Detroit-why didn't they do this during the other US matches earlier?

Well, The Netherlands are up against Mexico in the next rounds, and if we lose to them, we can pack our bags and head home.

TheYoshiState said:
Plus, I found out that this game will actually be shown to the public at Cadillac Square in downtown Detroit-why didn't they do this during the other US matches earlier?

They hold it in different places for each game.

I know Bethlehem near me got that honor for the Ghana match.

TheYoshiState said:
Well, both the US and Germany aren't done yet-they face each other tomorrow. The US advances if they tie the game or win (the least likely of the two outcomes) and Germany advances if the US loses.

Both advance when they tie just sayin'

TheYoshiState said:

That's because nobody in the US cared for soccer before.

Alternatively, Germany and USA both advance if Ghana and Portugal draw.

EDIT: The US managed to snag the second spot in Group G by virtue of the goal differential tiebreaker. They will face either Belgium or Algeria in the Round of 16 (most likely Belgium).

US advances to the Elimination Rounds despite losing to Germany. Thanks to a little help from Portugal who defeated Ghana.

Well...We held in there with Germany. We proved we're a better team than Portugal. Considering what our prospects were going into this? That's pretty dang good.

Back