Toad Circuit in Mario Kart Wii - Version 1.0 Released

Re: Toad Circuit in Mario Kart Wii - RC1 Released

This is incredible! I can't wait to play it. I see that the glitch is still there but I am not too bothered by it.

Version 1.0 has been released, mainly updates the look of the track and fixes a .kcl bug that really didn't do anything but I ironed it out regardless.

YES!

So for those wondering about other CTs I may to in the future:

My plan was to do Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 8, but because two people are already doing that, I'm planning on making one that has a Super Mario Galaxy motif, rather than an accurate remake, though the track itself will remain largely the same.

That is, if I can simplify the models enough to prevent slowdown.

I've played on your course. With unfitting music of course.

I suggest you add another respawn point...maybe near the finish line like a typical Nintendo made course. It might need better shaders and you're missing a balloon or two. If you can't add them because of limitations, totally understandable.

Other than that, the course is perfect. There's no bugs and glitches I've encountered with the free-fly cheat: computers don't drive into walls indefinitely like they do to some custom tracks.

SKmarioman said:

My plan was to do Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 8, but because two people are already doing that, I'm planning on making one that has a Super Mario Galaxy motif, rather than an accurate remake, though the track itself will remain largely the same.

Yeah and I may have seen another person saying they were going to do Wii U Rainbow Road, only one of them has actually made a custom track. I wouldn't expect a good one from any of them.

I sure hope you do make one! I would really be interested to see how it could be done. Also if you do need some Planets since it will be like a SMG styled one, go to the Models Resource, it has some models of planets in Super Mario Galaxy.

Lakituthequick said:
Can you really call bugs encountered with free-fly bugs? Seeing they were caused by means that are never happening when you play as should?

Yes, because it's an excellent tester for respawn points and CPU routes. Nintendo courses NEVER have problems where computers are indefinitely stuck, even for courses that is impossible to fall off in. Besides you have to softmod your Wii anyway to play these tracks, therefore meaning that cheat codes are entirely possible if you prefer this way.

It's not necessarily cheating that can cause discovery of some bugs. For example, the Star City port from Diddy Kong Racing has a very serious CPU respawn bug in the city part of the stage, where, if you have a star and legitly knock Wario to the edge, it'll cause him to spawn and then start driving to a wall. The Free Fly cheat makes it easier to detect those bugs. It's also very possible you use legit stars to knock CPUs behind a U-Turn as well, causing them to be stuck and eventually respawn.

I'm fairly certain Nintendo uses cheats as well to debug the game.

YoshiGo99 said:
SKmarioman said:

Yeah and I may have seen another person saying they were going to do Wii U Rainbow Road, only one of them has actually made a custom track. I wouldn't expect a good one from any of them.

I sure hope you do make one! I would really be interested to see how it could be done. Also if you do need some Planets since it will be like a SMG styled one, go to the Models Resource, it has some models of planets in Super Mario Galaxy.
I've already extracted all of the files from both Galaxy 1 and 2, so I can get anything from those games as I need since there's a script for 3DS Max which can directly import models from games that use BMD/BDL format (which includes Galaxy 1 & 2, Double Dash among others). I find it irritating how most models on the Models Resource are only in obj format which cannot hold vertex colors, which is crucial for most games. My Planet Wisp mod for Sonic Generations has no VCs because of this, and I'm actually currently redoing all of the models with VCs intact.

Also to everyone who's posted here I really appreciate the feedback and such and it's good to know that it is bug-free at least at the moment, insert witty comment of appreciation here.

Back