Toad Circuit in Mario Kart Wii - Version 1.0 Released

Re: Toad Circuit in Mario Kart Wii (second preview video)

It looks much better since the last video! You could just release it if it's at least playable and release updates as time goes on.

Do you plan on doing anymore tracks?

I might release an RC once I iron out all of the major bugs I'm currently aware of, and as for other tracks I might try remaking Mario Kart 8 tracks.

I tried starting on the model of Mario Circuit where the track doesn't twist but the turns are still intact and I ended up with something a bit phallic... so I'll probably have to alter it a bit more from what I have now.

It is really looking awesome already!

In regards to MK8 tracks, Mario Circuit is probably the last one to start with, seeing you would to completely revamp it, and it isn't a very interesting course anyway apart from the Möbius Strip IMO.

Ah yes I did see that, I was really confused at how it was Mario Circuit but then I just followed that layout on one of the Mario Circuit maps and realized it has all the same turns, just it has a completely different look. It is fine and I see what you mean by it's shape but i don't know if there's any way of changing it other than just doing a figure 8.

Agreed. Something like Toad Harbour or even Sunshine Airport should be pulled off instead.

I guess what really matters is how many people care about the fact that the minimap will be almost dong-shaped, at this point I might do Toad Harbour instead, since Sunshine Airport is already being done.

Speaking of which I'll probably create an account now on the CMKW now that development is going smoothly.

SKmarioman said:
Speaking of which I'll probably create an account now on the CMKW now that development is going smoothly.
Should do that, the 3DS Toad Circuit that's already on there is pretty crap if compared to yours.

Lakituthequick said:
SKmarioman said:
Should do that, the 3DS Toad Circuit that's already on there is pretty crap if compared to yours.
Most of the 3DS remakes are crappy, I just don't really like when there's those not-so-skilled track creators that do remakes of tracks. Maybe later on, I can give a shot at some 3DS tracks.

By the way, when you do release Toad Circuit, since the 3DS and Wii U tracks are supposed to have different names because of copyright issues, what will you change it to?

I suggest Toadstool Circuit.

I was thinking Toad Raceway, though I like Toadstool Circuit more all of "Toad Circuit" is contained within it still, I also might use N64 Mario Raceway's music to match rather than Luigi Circuit.

Also as for what tracks specifically I might do after this, aside from Toad Harbor, I might also do a version of MK8's Rainbow Road with a Super Mario Galaxy theme rather than the MKTV space station as I've described before in the Mario Kart 8 thread, if that goes fine then I'll use the model to make it more like the original, since a Galaxy version would need less things modeled from scratch, I could just make the main road and throw in planets from the Galaxy games, so I'd do that before an accurate remake, I'm not a big fan of remake tracks that try to differentiate a lot from the original either so I don't want to make a heavily modified version without another version closer to the original.

And then I'll use that model to make full version of my Sonic Generations Rainbow Road Medley with all 8 Rainbow Roads-

Gotta dream big, kids.

Meh whenever someone includes brstms in their CTs, i usually ignore it and just load my own brstms. It's not that hard to make them yourself. Besides, you have to repatch the .brsar yourself if you want to include new music. I mean, tracks aren't restricted: if you make it specifically for N64 Mario Raceway, I can also put it over Mario Circuit or hell, even Rainbow Road. So it really doesn't matter about the music.

Yeah I usually ignore them, unless I make my own little track pack then I probably would use them. I just hate doing the sped up version brstm, so I just use the normal brstm, but it is pretty easy to make your own. CTGP even comes with the brsar patcher but what I hate about CTGP is that there hasn't been a way to add extra music slots into the brsar, Newer Team did it and I bet someone out there has done it for the brawl hacking community.

It is probably a better choice to put the course over N64 Mario Raceway because there may be those people who don't want to change the music to Toad Circuit, and Luigi Circuit's theme is just really weird and doesn't have that race feel. I never really like circuit themes except N64 Mario Raceway, GBA Mario Circuit (MK8's version), and Wii U Mario Circuit.

I meant I was going to use N64 Mario Raceway's music slot in CTGP-R, I'm not going to include .brstms with the track, otherwise I might as well include the original music from MK7.

Baby Man said:
I mean, tracks aren't restricted: if you make it specifically for N64 Mario Raceway, I can also put it over Mario Circuit or hell, even Rainbow Road.
Keep in mind though that some features aren't available in some slots and may crash the game, or only available in a few slots and will crash the game elsewhere.

Yeah, I tried putting in the cones from Daisy Circuit but I left them out because they crash the game on other slots, also you can barely see them anyway with the ramp being moved closer to the bridge.

This looks really nice, good job!

Lakituthequick said:
Baby Man said:
I mean, tracks aren't restricted: if you make it specifically for N64 Mario Raceway, I can also put it over Mario Circuit or hell, even Rainbow Road.
Keep in mind though that some features aren't available in some slots and may crash the game, or only available in a few slots and will crash the game elsewhere.

I'm well aware of that. wiki.tockdom has a whole list of what to put or not put in.

That damn elusive Shy Guy Beach slot X[

Quick screenshot update:
ToadCircuit3DS_colors_shadows.png

This actually looks like a Nintendo track. That's how good it is.

I plan to release it by the end of July, so about a week from now.

You shouldn't set dates to release. I mean it's your creation and you're the author, you should go at your own pace.

Back