Console Wars

Which console do you think will win this gen?

• Wii U

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • XBox One

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
PC isn't a console, its a step above
with emulators, give it a couple months, a year maybe, and you'll be able to emulate MK8 on a PC ;)

Michell said:
with emulators, give it a couple months, a year maybe, and you'll be able to emulate MK8 on a PC ;)
Really, because I think it takes longer to configure the emulator (without breaking bugs). I also don't know how MK8 can be extracted.

Michell said:

Well if the Wii U gets cracked in time

Besides, I prefer playing with the Gamepad on a system. The only reason I use emulators is to take screenshots/dump textures/rip models

Console+Wars.jpg

I'm not going to even argue how stupid it is to emulate a game that will still be readily available to purchase....

why would it be stupid?
wii u is priced too high, there I'm saying it, its too high, maybe I'm cheap, BIG WHOOP
its not priced competitively for what it is, which is lesser than the xbox 1 or PS4, yet its price doesn't accurately reflect that (as did the wiis to the xbox 360 and PS3)

if someone is kind enough to emulate a game so that I needn't buy a wii u
than I will be grateful they spent their time and money on that, not calling them stupid

I like to play emulated 3DS games.

here in Canada, its illegal to upload a torrent of ROMS/ISOS/movies etc.
but once its up there, there are no laws to stop you accepting others kindness

Misty said:
They are in 'murrica.

no they're not. distribution of copyrighted content, including code, without the permission of the copyright holder is illegal. emulators are distributed with the permission of the copyright holder, so they're legal

In the means to not get flamed on this topic...

*initiate nintendo fanboy mode*

Wii U IS GOING TO WIN THIS GEN!

SONY AND MICROSOFT SUCKS, AND WILL FAIL!

ALL HAIL THE WIIU! ALL HAIL NINTENDO! GET N, OR GET OUT!

microsoft games is basically a separate company
certainly different marketing types

microsoft games behaves more like the kind of BS I expect from apple than the rest of microsoft/windows
what with the incredibly evil "oh what, you paid top dollar for an xbox console? well now you have to pay for an xbox live account every month" they really feel like different companies
microsoft games being microsoft windows evil twin

Hey, the original Xbox is *bleeping* amazing. And Sony pretty much consistently makes good systems; I love Nintendo for its ip's, not its hardware. The Wii U is pretty much the first time in recent years Nintendo has matched up to its competitors in that way.

Honestly, I think the Wii U needs more first person shooters.

1) The GamePad allows for innovative gameplay, which is what FPS's need; its a whole new way of approaching the genre

2) It would promote "mainstream" interest in the system, particularly from the "hardcore" crowd.

Smash Bros is definitely going to be a major draw, but it couldn't hurt to have a more diverse number of (good) examples from different genres. (I'm crossing my fingers for a Borderlands 2 or Bioshock 1 port, but that's not going to happen.)

Of course, I wouldn't mind more games of other genres (particularly fighting games), but it couldn't hurt to have some more FPS's.

PC Master race *Promptly stoned to death*

Truth be told, Microsoft and Sony exclusives never particularly grabbed my interest, so its for me less a case of console fanaticism and more me being a cheapskate unwilling to shell out extra cash for it. Nintendo is the only exception in this regard, since I actually enjoy their IP's.

original xbox was great, still wasn't the PS2 tho
too bad microsoft games was so bad to its employees, they all knew PC was master race and left to create valve :P

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Console wars are just stupid, and I don't even think Nintendo is actively competing to the extent Microsoft and Sony are with each other, so putting in Nintendo is a pretty moot point. ©My opinion.
You don't choose to compete in the Console Wars. Every console (even fucking Hyperscan) was part of a Console War.
3D Player 2004 said:
Emulaters should be illegal.
You wouldn't download a car.
Skorm_Snow-Strider said:
PC Master race *Promptly stoned to death*
Hey, it's 4:20 somewhere.

3D Player 2004 said:
Emulaters should be illegal.

good thing things aren't your way

Dankey Kang said:
May I ask why emulators should be illegal?

he's probably mistaking ROMs and emulators like an average person

the problem is that ROMs are already illegal so lol

Back