Unpopular opinions with video games

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
What's wrong with Xbox
I feel like Microsoft as no place being in the video game industry, and the games that most people play on it are horrible, besides a few like Minecraft, Skyrim, and maybe two or three others.

NSY said:
Also I thought that Throwback Galaxy was one of the worst galaxies in Smg. It should have not been in World 6.
That was the funniest joke I have ever heard you say.

Yoshiwaker said:
Solar Blaze said:
(especially Mega Man 7, 8, and Mega Man & Bass, which have it sorely outclassed)
Mega Man 8

what

are you kidding me

That game was terrible!

agreed, im not even sure if i can list something about it i liked.

Aside from the laughably bad voice acting, I don't see what's so terrible about Mega Man 8. I can think of plenty of things I liked about it, from its graphical style, its level design (particularly its extended level layouts, like what was done for Mega Man X4), the selection of weapons, the soundtrack, and the storyline. Plus, it had some new gameplay elements that the other games (not counting one of the DOS games) didn't have, such as being able able to swim, swing from poles, the Mega Ball, and whatever else. In general, the game was all-around fun to play. I'd gladly take this game over Mega Man 2 any day of the week.

Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog does not deserve the hate it gets. Most of the missions are fun (except for the Maria ones and a few others) and I liked how you could choose your path. It's my favourite Sonic game actually.
I agree completely. While I don't necessarily consider the game to be flawless, I still think it's far better than many people give it credit for. As a matter of fact, I can honestly say that I've had more fun with this game (and even Sonic 2006) than I did with both Sonic Colors (Wii) and Generations combined. Those two games are beyond overrated.

DragonFreak said:
What's wrong with Xbox
I feel like Microsoft as no place being in the video game industry, and the games that most people play on it are horrible, besides a few like Minecraft, Skyrim, and maybe two or three others.

dkOHdIi.gif

DragonFreak said:
What's wrong with Xbox

dkOHdIi.gif
LOL

I too liked Shadow the Hedgehog. It's not one of the best games in the series, but I enjoyed it.

Also I didn't care when Mewtwo got cut from Melee and I don't care what happens to him in SSB4.

Be prepared...
(these are mainly Sonic-related opinions)

- Sonic '06 is no worse than Sonic Adventure
- Roger Craig Smith > Jason Griffith
- Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game (even better than the classics)
- Big the Cat is magnificent (his fishing levels aren't, though)
- Minecraft is a tad bit overrated
- Sonic 1 isn't that fun
- Rock Band has better songs than Guitar Hero
- Lucario in Brawl > Mewtwo in Melee
- The Target tests in Melee are better than the Brawl ones

WolferLufe said:
- Big the Cat is magnificent (his fishing levels aren't, though)

i like this guy

-mario bros. 3 is just ok
-sonic adventure 2 isn't really very fun to play at all
-apollo justice is my favorite ace attorney game

WolferLufe said:
- Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game
I don't see how that qualifies as an unpopular opinion. Nearly everyone in the fandom treats that game like the Second Coming of Jesus.

While we're on the Sonic subject, here are some more unpopular opinions of my own:

-Sonic CD's U.S. track is vastly superior to its overrated Japanese/European counterpart.
-Sonic Generations was a major disappointment.
-I actually like characters besides Sonic being playable.
-I prefer the Werehog gameplay (in the 360 version of Unleashed) over the regular daytime stages.

Solar Blaze said:

It's a shame that the fandom is so split on this subject. I'm probably one of the few people that liked (and actually preferred) the Treasure Hunting stages in Sonic Adventure 2 to the racing ones, which pretty much everyone says are the only good part of the game. Didn't really care for the mech stages though, although having Dr. Eggman finally playable was great.

WolferLufe said:
- Roger Craig Smith > Jason Griffith
- Rock Band has better songs than Guitar Hero

Don't think any of these are unpopular

WolferLufe said:
I thought this was a pretty popular opinion since Melee's are character unique and I've (almost) never heard anyone say that Brawl's Target Tests are better. Even I have to agree with this, though I still prefer Brawl's gameplay overall. =P

- I thought Mario Kart Wii had better retro courses than courses of its own. I thought the only good ones were Maple Treeway and Daisy Circuit; Bowser's Castle is decent; the rest of the Wii courses are just really annoying or bland to me. :/

Solar Blaze said:

Agreed.

Kellam said:
It's a shame that the fandom is so split on this subject. I'm probably one of the few people that liked (and actually preferred) the Treasure Hunting stages in Sonic Adventure 2 to the racing ones, which pretty much everyone says are the only good part of the game. Didn't really care for the mech stages though, although having Dr. Eggman finally playable was great.
While I do, for the most part, think that Sonic and Shadow's levels were the best part of the game, I still liked the treasure hunting stages (as frustrating as they can be sometimes), along with the mech stages. I mostly preferred the latter, mainly because of Robotnik being playable. In the slim chance that they ever start shining light on other characters again, I'm hoping they do the whole "Hero Side/Dark Side" thing that they had going on in Sonic Adventure 2. That was pretty awesome.

Now, for some more unpopular Sonic-related opinions:

-I consider Generations to be merely half of what Sonic Adventure 2 is, contrary to what many people've been saying as of late.
-I actually like Sonic 4: Episode I, despite its physics issues. I also don't think its soundtrack is half as bad as people say it is.
-I honestly didn't think the whole Sonic and Elise thing in Sonic 2006 was as big of a deal as many people made it out to be.
-I think Metal Sonic Version 3.0 deserves to be in another game.
-Should they actually make a Sonic Adventure 3, I hope Chao Gardens are left out. That garbage has absolutely no place whatsoever in the series.

Solar Blaze said:
-I honestly didn't think the whole Sonic and Elise thing in Sonic 2006 was as big of a deal as many people made it out

I would agree. I don't like beastiality and it makes me vomit. I, however, didn't get that from the game... I actually viewed it as friendship and not a romantic sort of thing.

As for SA2 subject: I'm biased toward and charas and is why I hate those levels. Said charas being Tails and Rouge. Everyone else is cool.

Unpopular sonic opinions?

-All non spin-off sonic games made after Sonic Heroes are complete and utter crap
-Amy is the best character
-Big the Cat is an awesome character
-Tails is also pretty cool
also this:
-I honestly didn't think the whole Sonic and Elise thing in Sonic 2006 was as big of a deal as many people made it out to be.

I could probably think of more but eh

Solar Blaze said:
-Should they actually make a Sonic Adventure 3, I hope Chao Gardens are left out. That garbage has absolutely no place whatsoever in the series.
: O

Chao Garden was the greatest thing in Sonic Adventure 2. Except maybe the final battle. That was pretty cool.

But apart from that Chao Garden was like the only thing worth doing after you had beaten all the levels. And it was fun! All the ridiculously cute Chao running around that you could upgrade, turn into totally different species...

That reminds me, I still need to go work on my Shadow Chao.

[me=Dr. Javelin]leaves to go play Chao Garden[/me]

Shadow Chao...

Oh...how I miss thee. And my awesomely gold Reala Chao.

Also, screw the Chaos Chao. I will never attempt that.

*coughs* Ahem. Yes.

While we're on Sonic. The new voice actors are garbage and I feel the 4Kids ones were the best. Minus Tails. His new one is so much better. Also, Shadow's new voice makes him sound like a queer. I really hate it. lol

[quote author=Solar Blaze]
-Sonic Generations was a major disappointment.
[/quote]
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. A lot of fans don't like the game because of its bare-bones plot.
(That, and because Sky Sanctuary is white instead of yellow, which I honestly think isn't a big deal at all)

- I have always been pretty indifferent towards Super Mario World and have spent so much time trying to work out why people see it as such a God among games
- Skyward Sword is my favourite Legend of Zelda game
- Star Fox Adventures is my favourite Star Fox game (or at least equal with Lylat Wars / Star Fox 64 for completely different reasons) and much to my dismay, I do get stubbornly aggressive when people make statements like 'it's not a Star Fox game,' or claim that Assault is better.
- I like Ema Skye more than Maya Fey, Trucy Wright, Kay Faraday and Detective Gumshoe.
- I like Other M more than Prime
- I don't get why so many people love the Half Life series
- Unless you live in the most obscure country ever and cannot legally obtain a copy of the game due to shipping and other laws, or you own the game (even though technically that's still illegal) then you cannot justify pirating a game. Not having a job/money does not entitle you to play the game for free.
- I always hated the diamond-button design on the SNES and subsequent controllers, like the Dualshock, 360 controller and Classic Controller. Viva la Gamecube controller.
- I enjoy the Disney: Sing It series
- My favourite Sonic game is Sonic Heroes and I don't really like the 2D games very much. I mean, I don't like most of the 3D games either (for obvious reasons) but some of them get more crap than they actually deserve.
- My favourite AA game is Apollo Justice.
- I don't really like Maya Fey... or most of the Fey family... or most of the stories revolving around them

That's about all I can think of right now.

Despite saying graphics don't matter, I do find 3D games more immersing and enjoyable whereas 2D games tend to be more dull and boring. I also avoid trying to play 2D games.

Most of the time, I base my love for characters on design rather than personality. Though, a dark, psychotic, disturbing personality always marks a fave in my book.

I don't pay attention to characters stats/strategies in games.

I hate other peoples advice on video games. I go with my own flow.

I love level grinding.

Back