Overrated Mario Characters

Baby Luigi said:
I love to hate Birdo. Her design sucks.
Which do you hate more: Birdo or Yoshi?

Yoshi of course

I dunno I loved Baby Luigi in Mario Kart Double Dash (in Yoshi's Island, his role is like Peach's and I don't like that) and I hated Yoshi when he's my opponent because he's so freaking annoying.

It is ironic actually. That's like liking the captive but hating his rescuer for some reason even though his rescuer....well rescues him.

Re: Overrated Characters

Solar Blaze said:
Solar Blaze said:
The character at the top of my list is Bowser. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I find him to be extremely overrated. He completely fails as a villain, plain and simple. Just about all the plans he ever comes up with have little to no originality, and I'll never understand why he gets the kind of recognition that he does.
I disagree

but in a loving way

Agumon said:
Baby Luigi said:
It is ironic actually. That's like liking the captive but hating his rescuer for some reason even though his rescuer....well rescues him.
That's what we call Stockholm Syndrome
Are you sure it's not the other way around? Stockholm Syndrome is about the kidnappee taking a liking to their kidnapper.

I find Daisy to be pretty overrated.

Kingbowser99 said:
Agumon said:
Baby Luigi said:
Are you sure it's not the other way around? Stockholm Syndrome is about the kidnappee taking a liking to their kidnapper.
I think that's what he meant.

I meant I like Baby Luigi but I hate his savior

Agumon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Agumon said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think that's what he meant.
Ah, hang on, I didn't see you bolded part of the post, never mind

Baby Luigi said:
I meant I like Baby Luigi but I hate his savior
why do you hate him so much

He's freaking annoying. I hate his voice. It just outright sucks.

So what's wrong with hating a character just because his voice sucks? Doesn't everyone do it? I mean why do you think characters like Navi or Jar Jar Binks get much hate?

Please don't jump to conclusions.

Even though it's not directed at me, I kind of do. I have outright refused to watch YouTube video because the person's voice annoyed me

Otachi said:
Baby Luigi said:
I mean why do you think characters like Navi or Jar Jar Binks get much hate?
His voice is only a small problem in the list of things wrong with that character.

I know but quite a few people hate him because he's annoying while disregarding his racist undertones.

I like navi, and I hate Jar Jar binks because he basically fucked everything up, was the most unnecessary character, and he provided unnecessary comic relief which wasn't even funny. His voice has nothing to do with that.

And people hate navi because of the fact that she always pops up at the most indecent times simply to tell you things you already know. She is like the Clippit of games, and clippit, as you know, doesn't have a voice. But I didn't mind it though.

I'm just saying that people hate these characters for much much more than just their voices. Maybe their voices are pretty annoying, but that's a tiny little chip on the side of the iceberg compared to other things.

Baby Luigi said:

lol i thought you hated yoshi just for the fact that the generic yoshi doesnt have much of a personality.

For me, Yoshi doesn't fit my personal opinion on things. I don't even like seeing him. His face just makes me want to feel mad.

But I'm not saying that I hate others who like Yoshi. They can do whatever they want. I tolerate that. But since this thread is mostly about opinions and since you asked why I hate Yoshi, I have to be honest with my response. I dunno, I hate Yoshi the same way I hate certain types of food. Preference, really.

Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:

lol i thought you hated yoshi just for the fact that the generic yoshi doesnt have much of a personality.

That's another reason, but the majority of Mario characters are mainly flat (excluding Paper Mario characters where they're all flat)

Baby Luigi said:
For me, Yoshi doesn't fit my personal opinion on things. I don't even like seeing him. His face just makes me want to feel mad.

But I'm not saying that I hate others who like Yoshi. They can do whatever they want. I tolerate that. But since this thread is mostly about opinions and since you asked why I hate Yoshi, I have to be honest with my response. I dunno, I hate Yoshi the same way I hate certain types of food. Preference, really.
I guess I really shouldn't argue with your opinion, since it is your opinion, my apologies.

Let me simply say, in my most fondest of words, I disagree, but in a loving way.

I disagree too, also in a loving way c:

Baby Luigi said:

Why can't everyone be like that?

I gave this a lot of thought, and I finally decided which is the most overrated character: baby daisy.
Reason: she doesn't appear in a non-sports game, which questions why she exists. I could compare her with Waluigi, who, I don't believe, appear in a non-sports game either, until Nintento realizes that a Wario Bros. game is a good idea.

Back