Overrated Mario Characters

That's because some of them turned out to be worse than the 4Kids voice actors, particularly Shadow's and Amy's (with the former being the number one worst).

Solar Blaze said:
That's because some of them turned out to be worse than the 4Kids voice actors, particularly Shadow's and Amy's (with the former being the number one worst).

How do you figure that?

MarioLuigi25 said:
Harbertus said:
I love Mario as a silent protagonist. A game character that doesn't have a complex personally and remains silent makes me, the player, feel more in control. Same thing goes with the Zelda-series - If Link would talk, then I'd feel less like playing through my own adventure. I think that's the beauty with Nintendo games.

Agreed. I actually love that about the Mario series and Nintendo games in general. Besides, you have less fans arguing and whining over voice acting *glares at the rabid Sonic fans*.

Giving Mario characters speech doesn't necessarily mean voice acting. I think Fortune Street did a fine job at making characters talk, including Mario. The silent protagonist thing dulls characters, and people these days want a bit more fleshed-out characters (I don't mean full blown-out backstories and stuff; I mean, just more quirks that makes a character) in their video games. If you ever saw any events where you hear Mario talking, you might think Nintendo somewhat wasted Mario's potential for a more developed personality.

My main argument is that people like characters with many quirks to their personality, and if it's done correctly, the characters will have a larger fanbase. Luigi having much more fans than Mario proves my point. Rarely anyone goes around saying, "I can mold Mario to whatever my personality fits! I like him!".

Time for my updated list:

• Yoshi - Why does everyone like him? I mean.. he's good when it doesn't come to New Super Mario Bros. games
  • Koopas - Any of them are boring. Spiny is the only one I like anyway
  • Antasma - Luckily he only made one appearance
  • Fawful - Almost everyone loves him. No offence.

GENO. Most people are like: OH I LOVE GENO SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY APPEARS IN 1 AND A HALF GAMES HES SO COOL BLAH BLAH BLAH...
Good grief!

Smaug said:
But that game is awesome, and everything in that game is also awesome. Although, I do like Mallow much more.

Agreed, and Geno is also my least used party member in that game. I always use Mario, Mallow and the Princess or Bowser.

Back