Characters confirmed to return in SSB4

Red Boo said:
Koopa Troopa could be an assist trophy, where he toss his shell or even become Hammer Bro.

why? the koopa shell is a very powerful item, an assist trophy isnt really needed.

plus they'll probably bring back the hammer bro assist trophy assuming they bring them back in general.

Koopa Troopa is likely to return as a generic enemy in Adventure Mode.

Demidevimon said:
Luigi is set for a return, surprise surprise.

Note: Not in spoiler tags because of the name of the thread.
Well, it IS the Year of Luigi!

...Although, I have to say, his standard pose for this game...

main.png

It's a little weird. Well, Luigi's always been a little weird, but I find it strange that they're using this of all poses to represent him. I mean, just look at the poses the other characters have:

main.png

main.png

main.png

Eh, whatever, it's all good... By the looks of things, Luigi's moveset hasn't changed that much.

well id hope not, luigi's moveset is great as it is.

Although some new moves certainly wouldn't hurt.

I don't find it that strange, Luigi is just using his side-taunt from Brawl

Smashgoom202 said:
Well that move was always really strange.

but luigi does a lot of strange things.

Not sure why you're surprised lol.

I mean let's just look at his final smash.

Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I'm just saying it's weird to have THAT be his standard pose for the artwork for these games, like out of all things, why that one?

Smashgoom202 said:
Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I'm just saying it's weird to have THAT be his standard pose for the artwork for these games, like out of all things, why that one?

well from my knowledge a lot of people like that pose.

I know ive seen a lot of people ive played against use that taunt for some reason.

Mario Party X said:
Adventure Mode is not returning, just pointing that out.

Luigi's reveal was very expected,

If this is about the thing with the cutscenes see Glowsquid's comment in that thread

Demidevimon said:
If this is about the thing with the cutscenes see Glowsquid's comment in that thread

screw that ill make it clear here in this thread.

Glowsquid said:
Masahiro Sakurai recently said there will not be a story mode like the one in Super Smash Bros. Brawl because he didn't like that the cutscenes from that game were uploaded to YouTube:

Note that the cited Kotaku article (which doesn't include a complete translation of the Famitsu column) doesn't actually states this, and in turn states they stil plan to make character introduction FMVs. Quoted bit is purely nonsense on GameInformer's part. VideoGame journlolism (and in turn, readers willing to spread clickbait without doing the most customary research first) strikes again!

"Butthurt Japanese drops cutscenes because they don't want you to watch them on Youtube" or "Famed game designer decides to cuts the middleman and youtube bait available from the start"? It's amazing what a little spin can do.

nsymon said:
Mario Party X said:
Adventure Mode is not returning, just pointing that out.

Luigi's reveal was very expected,

The timing isn't.

And who said that explicitly that Adventure Mode isn't returning?

NSY is just blatantly misinterpreting the difference between "cutscene" and "Adventure Mode"

Just to be clear, the Kotaku article and every other halfway-reliable report of that Famitsu article do mention no SBE-style adventure mode returning. My post was about how GameInformer claimed it was dropped purely because Sakurai didn't want the cutscenes uploaded on Youtube.

Princess Peach confirmed to return!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

main.png

Can't help but notice she's showing off some leg there... And she's not wearing any stockings. Weird... Also she uses her crown to attack, awesome!

July: Olimar
August: Luigi
September: Peach

For October, I'm hoping that Yoshi gets confirmed, as I just find it odd that he didn't get confirmed yet, and yet the other seven original starters are confirmed. The other veterans can wait their turn.

MnSG said:
July: Olimar
August: Luigi
September: Peach

For October, I'm hoping that Yoshi gets confirmed, as I just find it odd that he didn't get confirmed yet, and yet the other seven original starters are confirmed. The other veterans can wait their turn.

I think a Pokemon character's more likely next month. X&Y and all that.

While I could be wrong. Considering I thought Peach was going to be December because of Super Mario 3D World. They probably really are saving Yoshi for either Yarn Yoshi or the Yoshi's Island coming to the 3DS.

Northern Verve said:
I think a Pokemon character's more likely next month. X&Y and all that.

While I could be wrong. Considering I thought Peach was going to be December because of Super Mario 3D World. They probably really are saving Yoshi for either Yarn Yoshi or the Yoshi's Island coming to the 3DS.

There aren't that many worthy newcomer Pokemon to choose from though; I was thinking Zoroark, but the new Mega Evolutions may change everything now. Anyway, we'll probably just get a confirmation of the return of Jigglypuff, the Pokemon Trainer, or something even bigger, such as Lucario and its new Mega form, or even Mewtwo's major comeback.

Mega Lucario
url

I think the next one might be a newcomer, or at least someone who wasn't in Brawl, because for the original reveal we got one newcomer for every three veterans, and since then we've seen three more veterans.

Of course, I also thought we'd get Zelda this month, but we got Peach, who many of us thought would show up in December, so that pattern isn't necessarily trustworthy anymore, so eh.

Tailmon said:
I think the next one might be a newcomer, or at least someone who wasn't in Brawl, because for the original reveal we got one newcomer for every three veterans, and since then we've seen three more veterans.

Of course, I also thought we'd get Zelda this month, but we got Peach, who many of us thought would show up in December, so that pattern isn't necessarily trustworthy anymore, so eh.

Yeah because of the Peach reveal we can't really predict what Sakurai's character reveal plans are other then they seem to be monthly. But the reveals that tie-in with a game are the only ones that seem to be the closest to a certain pattern.

Back