Mario Golf: World Tour

The DLC says she is a very powerful character, thought the normal version has 218 yards while Bowser is 220 yards. So she may be less powerful than Bowser in star version.

Is anyone else really disappointed in the Castle Club mode? It should have been a lot longer imo. I've gotten way more hours out of tournaments/online play.

zunima said:
Is anyone else really disappointed in the Castle Club mode? It should have been a lot longer imo. I've gotten way more hours out of tournaments/online play.
That's the idea, the tournaments are the meat of the game. The rest is filler for when you're done with tournaments.

Sometime yesterday, I managed to buy every single purchasable item, and I can confirm the vast majority of combinations, gloves, visors and shoes are obtained through tournaments, since I have every single club, ball, shirt and layer while the remaining four types of clothing are anything but complete. The Callaway clubs and ball are the sole exceptions, though.

In other news, I essentially just did the normal One-On, One-Putt challenge in the latest tournament version of it. Kind of wished that was in one of the Challenges variations of it, but eh, I guess that means good things, at least. I also scored -14 on the World Tournament 3, doubt I'll bother to go back for a better score in that unless someone I know bests me and it becomes a pride thing.
I also snatched -15 on the European Tournament 2 after a beautiful performance (I got a slick Eagle on one of the earlier Par 4s, though the score as a whole was sullied by one Bogey on Hole 14), yet somehow I'm barely a silver.

Icemario said:
unless someone I know bests me and it becomes a pride thing.
better practise up for when I beat you.

EDIT: Scratch that, I am slowly starting to hate these tournaments. Making me play the game for exclusive items, it has become a chore.

Mio Akiyama said:
EDIT: Scratch that, I am slowly starting to hate these tournaments. Making me play the game for exclusive items, it has become a chore.

Yeah, not throwing in the items gives you little incentive to actually participate, but throwing in the items makes it become a chore eventually.

And apparently I read the latest trial times wrong, they end next week so that's when the Star Pack is actually coming.

For anyone who cares, after the Castle Tournament ends, most (the only stuff I definitely know isn't there is the Castle Tournament gear) of the gear you get from the past tournaments appear in the shop.

So you probably don't have to do any of the tournaments to get all the gear, but considering how pricy the items are you'd want to.

Ninelevendo said:
Execpt who would bother with their stupid Mii. They made them FAR to under-powered and you can't even change their height.
Miis can actually hold their own against the other golfers. They are definitely not underpowered; they are as balanced as everybody else.

And that's a good thing in my opinion. Why a blatant mii would have more power than a big turtle?

Considering how overused (and overpowered?) they were in Mario Tennis Open, I guess Nintendo went overboard with fixing that this time around. I don't really mind, but the gear range is rather bland in terms of effects and collecting it all for completion's sake is kind of dull when it's hardly worth it.

Ninelevendo said:
I agree. But they aren't overpowered in MTO. It depends on the gear, but even the best of gear doesn't make them overpowered enough to service ace computers on Ace difficulty.
No, it's just that ace computers have insane reaction times.

Yes, Miis are overpowered in Mario Tennis Open.

Okay... so how often has the ball straight up landed in the hole without bouncing or rolling for anyone? Because that just happened.

Ninelevendo said:
Usually if that happens it means you overpowering the ball or relying on backspin. Where you doing either of those?
No, it happened by freak accident, also I don't see how spin would have anything to do with it since the ball would need to come in contact with the ground for spin to take effect.

Ninelevendo said:
If you rely on backspin, you would put the ball behind the pin so it could spin back in. The person could accidentally underpower it and it could land straight in. Sorry, just being the golf tactician that I am. :rolleyes:
Hate to break it to you bro, anybody who knows how backspin and topspin work in the game can figure out simple strategies like using them the way they were intended.

He misunderstood what you were saying. The ball went in by accident obviously, the spin had no impact on the ball landing into the hole because it never landed on the ground for it to backspin. That was what he was saying.

Ninelevendo said:
Mio Akiyama said:
He misunderstood what you were saying. The ball went in by accident obviously, the spin had no impact on the ball landing into the hole because it never landed on the ground for it to backspin. That was what he was saying.

Right. I was saying that that shouldn't happen if he was using a roll-into-the-hole tactic, I was wondering which type of shot he was using.
Wind is a thing. So is curving the ball before hitting it to avoid any potential obstacles. It's also generally easier to aim short of the hole and allow it to roll in without any spin, using backspin is one way but you do have to be more accurate to make sure you don't go too far backwards.

Regardless of what shot he was using, he was aiming for the pin but he wasn't aiming to land it directly in it. The shot is pretty much irrelevant because the result was completely unintentional. If you aim short of the hole and it rolls in or if you aim further and backspin it in, both are results you aim for on purpose.

I mean, he could have aimed short and overpowered it or aimed far and underpowered it, but both aren't on purpose so the 'tactic' he chose could have been anything from a large number because of all the variables (wind, over/underpowering, early/late timing, curving the ball, club strength) as long as he was in a distance where he could reach the hole.

Okay.

1. Wrong person

2. As far as I know, Icemario has played this game a lot so it's not out of the realm of possibility to achieve statistics like that. iirc he mentioned once about finding a hole that was good for albatross' or hole-in-one's once that he re-did to get bonus goodies like the Mii character costumes, so that may have influenced it.

Mio Akiyama said:
2. As far as I know, Icemario has played this game a lot so it's not out of the realm of possibility to achieve statistics like that. iirc he mentioned once about finding a hole that was good for albatross' or hole-in-one's once that he re-did to get bonus goodies like the Mii character costumes, so that may have influenced it.

Per this, 467 hours and 18 minutes is my current play time. I remember I've had that happen during Approach shots, on Sky Island, the odd Par 3, and that one time on a Forest Course Par 5. They actually seem to happen the most on Par 4s, though. And they're accidents anyway, the frequency of them per person is very prone to variance especially with all these other factors coming in.

Ninelevendo said:
I know that's a different person. And replaying the same is hole is pretty easy, but that is usually done on a hole where that isn't a guaranteed anyway. I haven't done it and I've had 13 Albatrosses.

Eh, replaying for Albatrosses (or even getting them in general) is usually not easy unless you're using items.

Back