Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

In other news, this Japanese logo on the website is transparent:
ttl.png

Should that be updated on the wiki?

Great! Also, I was wondering if you could translate the entire content here? I'm mainly interested in the quotes.

Starlow: "That's right! I came to represent the Shine Sprites!"
Peach:"I have the feeling.... That someone is calling (me)..."
Bowser:"To think that someone else than me kidnapped Peach... I will never forgive that!"
Antasma:"Dreambert... I will... make you disappear (or kill you, as it can also be taken in that sense.)!!!"
Dreambert:"We (referring to himself only) are... the Pi'ilo Island's Prince... Dreambert!"
Eldream:"Indeed... Even when looked that way, I am the eldest of the Pi'ilo family..."
The Broque with hat and wrench (Brickle, in Japanese): To come suddenly and take my treasure... There is a limit to annoyance!"
The female Broque (Blinda, in Japanese): If you are really a man, hit with that hammer with a little energy and will (referred as kiai)!"

Phew... Is this OK?

Xanthium said:
The female Broque (Blinda, in Japanese): If you are really a man, hit with that hammer with a little energy and will (referred as kiai)!"
I'm on my old non-Kanji-displaying work computer so I can't be sure about this (and I can't verify the hit/strike verb at all), but Wikipedia says "kiai" means the battle cries you make in martial arts (hi-yah!), and the kanji following that means to come out, so a better translation might be: "If you're a man, scream energetically and strike with your hammer."

Also, Dreambert isn't using the royal "we", he's just using an old-fashioned polite/formal way to say "I" (makes him sound dignified). Bowser's using an old-fashioned yet extremely arrogant way to say "I" (makes him sound really presumptuous). Eldream's using the "I" typically used by old men, as is Burikkuru/Brickle, for some reason.

Nice one guys! Antasma sounds like a pretty evil dude if he wants to kill Dreambert. Hopefully we can find a place for the info on the wiki.

Bass said:
Xanthium said:
Starlow: "That's right! I came to represent the Shine Sprites!"
Really, now?
Xanthium tried his best, and he did very well with translating the content. No need to be a smart-alec about some little mistake he made...

I wasn't being a smart-alec. I thought that was an error within the game scrip itself, not his translation.

Ok, sorry, it was Star Sprite. Wagahai means "my fellows; my class; my cohort", but can be used in a pompous way to refer to oneself (Bowser). Dreambert's "Ware" is very formal, even literally style. BTW, kiai means Willpower, strenth, courage, being focused... In Pokemon, there is the attack "Focus Punch", kiai-panchi. So it's mainly used in sports, although you can use it during homework :P.

Kiai also mans what I said before, but like a dummy I got the way more basic 入れる meaning mixed up, so yeah, I suppose the willpower meaning is what they were going for, and a suitable translation would be something like "If you're a man, do get pumped up and swing your hammer." (having looked up 振る (furu), it means neither "hit" nor "strike", but "swing/shake/wave/etc.").

King Antasma said:
Excellent! I'll see if I can rip them from the site. But I had a little trouble with the previous lot, so if I'm unable to I'll guess we'll see if BLOF can.

King Antasma said:
Also, is this image sufficient enough to update Bowser's artwork on the wiki? It's transparent and it shows the full artwork; the current one is slightly cut off.
Hmm yes I saw the update to the site yesterday, and the same question was running through my head. Personally, my verdict it to wait the short while till the official press psd is released, which would be a juicy 2000x2000 px+ with an official transparency layer. I don't think we have very long to wait, but it could come at any time so I'm checking for updates almost hourly.

i hope it doesnt just to get all those fans shot down

seriously getting tired of FAWFUL AND CACKLETTA THIS OR THAT

I really liked Fawful back in my fanboy days.

I still actually do now but I don't care if I never see him again.

Cackletta said:
Really, some form of Fawful or Cackletta must be included.

I can understand it in a game like this since this is basically their stuff, but I doubt we'll see Cackletta back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is like "your only reference is the design of Antasma".

NSY said:

Same here...... I mean I still like him but I am okay if he isn´t in Dream team. Just saying XD

NightmareSeeker97 said:
NSY said:

Same here...... I mean I still like him but I am okay if he isn´t in Dream team. Just saying XD
This. Antasma is awesome enough to survive the lack of Fawful.

King Antasma said:
NightmareSeeker97 said:
NSY said:

This. Antasma is awesome enough to survive the lack of Fawful.
Agreed, I have even a feeling Antasma might will replace Fawful as my favorite Mario character but who knows XD

Cackletta said:

face it, cackletta is old news

Fawful has a shot, he's a pretty influential character in this storyline, but cackletta is out for good

Cackletta said:
I kinda doubt Cackletta will be in this, but Antasma actually seems somewhat similar to her.

Back