Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Well, yeah, the steering wheel doesn't even animate.

And also, the kart drives for them when they cheer in victory.

There, the racers are just puppets, the karts themselves are the actual, overlooked achievers of racing. More credit to them, please.

Mostly because 3 years isn't a huge deal.

From yours truly.

I plan to make it better than it is OBVIOUSLY , but at least i managed to get this working.

I'll correct everything needed , add the custom voice clips and yadadadada.

But this is coming , i can't believe i did it :3

You must work with what you have, consider that, children.

Hey, hey, hey, tell me about it. I know that feeling when I get model import projects done. :babyluigi:

Update , the sequel.
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_010_EC.jpg

Extremely cute.

Model changed , mouth fixed , texture change (still need retouch to match the game style a bit more) and rig overall fixed.

Really really cute , i didn't even like BJ but i think im a fan now. :bowjr:

Nice! Has anyone done Birdo, Diddy or Dry Bones?

I haven't kept up with MK8 modding too much, apparently GCN Block city was ported for a battle stage.

Dry Bones is out already. The author did a very faithful work compared to the Deluxe version , i honestly think it cannot get better than that.

for the rest, they haven't been done , some have been said to have been working on ''Birdo'' but i have never seen a preview of anything.

I guess since nobody took care of Jr , i decided to make it happen , it was originally a test for me to see how far i could go modding the game since usually i would just do a couple of Rosalina and etc edits and that would be it.

This is my first ''major'' non Rosalina mod.

I think the next step in terms of modding is finding how the multi-slot in the character select screen works. This feature would allow adding characters without breaking the layout of the selection screen and without replacing existing characters.

In other news, I contacted the maintainer of this MK8 stats comparison tool and now it has been updated with the actual data from the game in the case of the Wii U version, so it can now reliably compare stats between the two versions. He was really nice and fast in updating it, too bad that I was so slow in reporting that the data was incorrect before...

Mister Wu said:
I think the next step in terms of modding is finding how the multi-slot in the character select screen works. This feature would allow adding characters without breaking the layout of the selection screen and without replacing existing characters.

In other news, I contacted the maintainer of this MK8 stats comparison tool and now it has been updated with the actual data from the game in the case of the Wii U version, so it can now reliably compare stats between the two versions. He was really nice and fast in updating it, too bad that I was so slow in reporting that the data was incorrect before...

Sadly, Bowser's stats for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are still incorrect on that page.

Mister Wu said:

This requires like, next level hacking. It didn't take until years that you needed to add slots in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and even so, it required patch codes to pull it off properly. I think in Super Smash Bros. 4, there's the ease of that but I don't think Mario Kart 8 has the same case.

Mister Wu said:
Especially with the different stats for Villager.

a bit random to ask but i guess it's kinda on topic...

Could someone please post some screenshots of Bowser Jr , particulary in his standard kart parts.

I need a reference to do recolors and etc.

:3

Do the wheels count though? Because they are not standard.

Back