Mario Party 9

Luck minigames aren't going anywhere, sadly. They have always been there, always to give losing players a chance to win.

I'm so glad Fortune/Chance Spaces are removed, though

The main reason I hated them because I was usually on the short end of the stick, plus a possible chance of swapping stars, which is the cheapest form of easy victory ever. I'm so glad they removed it in Mario Party 7 onward.

Fortune Spaces were one thing I did not appreciate in the old games.

Chance/Fortune spaces were funny if neither player gained or lost anything.

(i.e. 2 players have to trade coins even though they have the same amount)

41 said:
Chance/Fortune spaces were funny if neither player gained or lost anything.

(i.e. 2 players have to trade coins even though they have the same amount)

That happens to me quite a few times, actually, but I hate giving my hard-earned 100 coins to an easy computer while getting their pathetic 3 coins. Fortune spaces are much worse than Bowser Spaces.

I hate being the guy in any thing fortune space-related at all. I'm always the guy too. Fortune Spaces have screwed me up more times than Bowser spaces ever had.

Losing one star isn't too bad, but swapping 5 stars with the computer is unforgivable.

They should be called "Misfortune Space". Usually, the guys in the lead get screwed over, and I'm the guys in the lead that get screwed over!

Luckily, there's the good ol' reset button, but that would be cheating. :P

What's worse is that you can still get screwed even if you're in 3rd or 4th.

The first Mario Party was really messed up with the luck factor.
*Chance Time
* Mushroom Space
* Event Block
* Minus Block
*Warp Block

Mario Party 3 had Game Guy to consider. :P

Game Guy's minigames sound like crap

41 said:
Oy vey. What's worse is if you decide to take on his 1000 coin challenge. The prize you earn isn't even worth it IMO.

God, just thinking about Game Guy made my appeal for Mario Party 3 go down a lot. I'm so glad he didn't reappear.

Guess I'm the only one that liked Game Guy and the Fortune Spaces...

Leonyx said:
Guess I'm the only one that liked Game Guy and the Fortune Spaces...

Any reason? We gave ours, what's yours? I'm open to your beliefs.

Well, maybe his minigames are fun, but I am not a big fan of luck minigames

In Mario Party games, I like luck factors to be included. When I play with my family, I tend to beat them in minigames. I don't always want an easy win when I'm playing, so beating luck just makes the game more fun. Plus, winning a Game Guy minigame just felt awesome.

Honestly, I don't play the board game as much as I do just the minigames, but still. This is one of the few games where luck should be included. It's like you're playing an actual board game, but with more interaction and influence.

Oh, I play with computers all the time. I understand why luck minigames aren't so bad when you're playing with humans. Trust me, playing luck minigames with computers is NOT fun

Baby Luigi said:
Oh, I play with computers all the time. I understand why luck minigames aren't so bad when you're playing with humans. Trust me, playing luck minigames with computers is NOT fun

I believe you. I imagine it's just like playing against humans, but it's like the game wants you to lose. No one likes to lose to the computer.

I think the Mario Party series needs a better settings tool, get rid of certain spaces, luck minigames, change the game rules, etc.

Ser Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
I think the Mario Party series needs a better settings tool, get rid of certain spaces, luck minigames, change the game rules, etc.

Mario Party 4 had the custom pack to "remove" luck-based minigames.

Back