Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

anyone who attacks enemies in super mario galaxy by spinning instead of jumping on them is a bad person. what's more satisfying than feeling that soft squashing and getting a big juicy gold coin in return?

Super Radio said:
anyone who attacks enemies in super mario galaxy by spinning instead of jumping on them is a bad person. what's more satisfying than feeling that soft squashing and getting a big juicy gold coin in return?

Agreed, 100%!

Super Radio said:

Not all enemies leave behind Gold Coins when stomped on though. Likewise, certain enemies will always leave behind Gold Coins, regardless of Mario's attack method.

Super Radio said:

I generally prefer slapping things than jumping on things.

Super Radio said:
How can you not like spinning Goombas around and then kicking them when you're done!?

I'm more likely to star spin if I'm farming Star Bits but otherwise typically I prefer the tried-and-true Goomba stomp.

Super Radio said:

So basically I'm a bad person

You don't think when attacking an enemy.

YOU JUST ATTACC

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Super Radio said:
How can you not like spinning Goombas around and then kicking them when you're done!?

i do like spinning them around, but then i prefer pounding squashing their bottom sides

Don't worry, it's funnier killing them in Super Mario 64 DS. Wario can throw signs at them. When Yoshi spits out a Goomba, it's all blue and you can run into it and it explodes for some reason. Wario can knock Goombas a mile away, but can kick them for farther distance. I think Mario can flatten a Goomba while as a balloon, which is a pretty humiliating death for a Goomba. Goombas can just spontaneously die especially near the ledge. You can punch Goombas into King Goomba and when the Goombas are all confused you can continue punching them into King Goomba.

Don't worry, it's funnier killing them in Super Mario 64 DS. Wario can throw signs at them. When Yoshi spits out a Goomba, it's all blue and you can run into it and it explodes for some reason. Wario can knock Goombas a mile away, but can kick them for farther distance. I think Mario can flatten a Goomba while as a balloon, which is a pretty humiliating death for a Goomba. Goombas can just spontaneously die especially near the ledge. You can punch Goombas into King Goomba and when the Goombas are all confused you can continue punching them into King Goomba.
M%26LBIS_Private_Goomp.png

Santa Yoshi said:
M%26LBIS_Private_Goomp.png

Note to self, if you're a Goomba, do not work for Bowser.

Mind you, since Goombas can spontaneously die in Super Mario 64 DS, even Goombas like killing themselves.

Edit: It's also fun to create Goomba killing rooms in Super Mario Maker and Reggie! where you have Goombas constantly spawning from pipes only for them to land on stationary spike balls and other things that would kill them.

Mcmadness said:

Oh okay I'll go on alright.

-Everything looked like a geometric shape. Not very creative.
-Partners > Pixls.
-Music isn't bad but forgettable.
-Levels were 99% going from point A to B and jumping on enemies that were mostly super easy to kill.
-Chapters 2 and 6 were tedious. (grinding 10000 rupees and jumping on 100 enemies that are all the same = bad).
-Combat is nothing like the first one. Was it necessary to change it?
-Dimentio isn't terrible but people adore him like a god, even more than Fawful. Why?
-Ugh Bowser is so STUPID in this game. The hell happened to him after the other two?
-Collecting cards was sorta fun but 80% of the time you had to either buy a lot of catch cards or just buy them in the same shop over and over again until getting them all.
-Bosses were a cakewalk for the most part. Bleck and Super Dimentio were piss easy.
-So why do people want these weird ass characters to appear in a bazillion more games again?
-No badges.

Now some pros:
-Some jokes were funny.
-Francis.
-Mr. L.
-you could play as Bowser and he was OP.
-I kind of had fun doing all those button combinations when I had to use items.
-They tried to make a darker Mario game, I guess? I'm nooooooooot so sure if I like that but ah well. At least they wanted to do something different?

Satisfied? (I bet you could make a way bigger wall of text about all this :P)

I feel like I've made enough big wall of texts about that game to last a life time.

I don't think it's better than PM64 honestly. I just like all of the games (exception: SS) in around the same spot on my list.

1.9.: PM:TTYD
1.8.: SPM
1.7.: PM:CS
1.6.: PM
500.: PM:SS (OK maybe exaggerated)

Back