Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I got this game on eShop and it is fun but LEGO City Undercover is better

I enjoyed scarescraper and I get annoyed when someone quits and I just beaten first scarescraper with 2 of 4 players left and I have 2 HP left

Ness said:
I got this game on eShop and it is fun but LEGO City Undercover is better

The games have nothing in common.

I might pick this up, I do need to play something while my Wii/PS3 are fucked so I'll be getting more for handhelds.

Well, on the final boss right now.

I failed the first time. But I think I got the hang of it now. Going to try it later. Those last three boss fights of Treacherous Mansion are awesome! Trapping those boos was the bomb! Not sure if I'll go back an bother finding all the boos though. If all you get is the time trial thing, than eh. Ooh, an E-4 was such a rush! :D

From all the game play that I've seen I can't wait to get it. Sadly I won't be getting it till sometime in December (Complicated; don't ask).

This also makes writing my parody fic even harder. -_-;

Also, the Boos seem to get really maltreated in this game.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be better than the original. Still fun, but not better.

I just got the last copy from GameSpot yesterday. Now this game is on my backloggery, with WarioWare DIY

Gotta say, this game is really great so far! It's definitely an advancement from the first one and has a lot of replay value.

Baby Luigi said:
I just got the last copy from GameSpot yesterday. Now this game is on my backloggery, with WarioWare DIY

You have a Backloggery? I thought you said you didn't like those :???:

I meant "gaming backlog"- games you own and plan to play, but haven't gotten around to yet.

I bought this game yesterday, and I've got to say that, although it wasn't as great as I expected it to be, it's still miles better than Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Though it is a good title, it's bothersome that you have to actually remember to hold B to run. Also, the stage-selection disrupts the flow of the game a bit. I'm also experiencing minor backlash from having played Luigi's Mansion: whenever I'm attacking a Ghost, I constantly try to turn the 3DS to decrease the duration of the encounter.

Progress-wise, I've just beaten the third mansion.

Also, a question: how is your ranking determined? If you want a good rank, should you aim for not losing that much health, or should you be quick, or should you suck up as many Ghosts as possible, or should you just gain a lot of gold?

Smashgoom202 said:
Some of those do sound like Japanese phrases... Plus he says Oya Ma, which is his Japanese name.
He definitely says "So ka", and maybe "chotto chotto" and "suku suku"; he also seems to say "Maruo", and for some reason, "Noma-kun" (nickname for Luigi?). I only know a little Japanese, tho, so there could easily be more real words in the chatter.

Personally, I found this game better than the original, but that's just me.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Also, a question: how is your ranking determined? If you want a good rank, should you aim for not losing that much health, or should you be quick, or should you suck up as many Ghosts as possible, or should you just gain a lot of gold?

All four. There's room for error, of course (I got a gold star even though I lost like 60 health at one point), but if you want to get a good rank, you need to look everywhere, even in rooms that aren't required. This is most obvious in Gloomy Manor where you only need to go to the Patio for one mission, but it holds a whole lot of gold in every mission. Generally, you want to aim for 10 minutes or less, with probably 1000+ gold if possible and every hidden ghost, even those that aren't required to progress.

Also, have to say, I miss the rumble function. To be honest, it's starting to feel like Nintendo was determined to put a game on the 3DS that probably would have been better on the Wii U.

Chiaki Nanami said:
I'm also experiencing minor backlash from having played Luigi's Mansion: whenever I'm attacking a Ghost, I constantly try to turn the 3DS to decrease the duration of the encounter.
This. Even though I don't have the game yet…

I just did a 25 floor Hunter Scarescraper on Normal all by myself. I am so proud.

Time: 56 minutes, 45 seconds
Weight of Ghosts: 2784w
Gold: 10800
# Ghosts sucked up: 279
Ghost HP Drained: 8030
HP Lost: 695
Real life: Nonexistent

:luigi:

Back