• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Herr Shyguy said:
You know the only people who watch this documentary are going to be the people who are already open-minded about bronies. Just saying.
I'm going to force my dad and sister to watch it. They still need a bit of... convincing.

If there weren't "bronies" acting insane or shoving their favorite show down other people's throats, maybe people wouldn't mistreat them so badly.

Smashgoom202 said:
Oh geez, when you put it like THAT... :mad:

Seriously, though, there are PLENTY of people being poorly mistreated and need help. But they already have movies and media support, too. Perhaps being verbally abused over the Internet and by FOX News and Republicans and overly-masculine self-righteous a-holes might not SEEM that harsh in comparison, but it's STILL a nice gesture to try and produce a documentary, with a (sort of) big-name attached to it, to help people come to an understanding about why we like the show.

Not that it'll help, since CLEARLY the people who have been making fun of use barely do ANY research at all and only serve to make themselves somehow feel better about themselves despite being so shallow-minded.
The default position on the internet is enjoying My Little Pony. If you don't like it, that makes you edgy and closed-minded. The fact that there appear to be a large amount of big names that enjoy the show - enough to get funding for this documentary - also supports the fact that it's just normal for most people nowadays to enjoy My Little Pony. So yeah, bronies kind of aren't being mistreated as much as you seem to think they are.

also what shyguy said

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm going to force my dad and sister to watch it. They still need a bit of... convincing.
"force them", and thus our true colours are revealed! You can't "force" them to accept your interests anymore than they can force you to stop watching the show. It goes both ways, mate.

I for one think this is pretty sweet. This isn't just some normal guy who's asking for $60,000 to fund his documentary. But it's John De Lancie. Someone who is no stranger to wild fanbases (Trekkies anyone?) and he's making something for the fans while he attends what will be the biggest event. He actually used to say that he only went into the show as a Job and didn't quite understand why he was getting so many happy e-mails from Bronies. But the past few months he seems to have a change of heart and with this documentary has become as supportive as Tara Strong has been.

La Marionette said:
If there weren't "bronies" acting insane or shoving their favorite show down other people's throats, maybe people wouldn't mistreat them so badly.

:/

okay so we'll just ignore all of those other documentaries about kids with cancer. Hell, let's just not going to school while we're at it! We don't need no education!

Nabber said:
okay so we'll just ignore all of those other documentaries about kids with cancer. Hell, let's just not going to school while we're at it! We don't need no education!
Or...
we could watch both.
:|

It's still melodramatic to claim bronies are any more mistreated than any other wild fanbase out there. They are not special in the slightest.

Nabber said:
you just compared a children's cartoon to a major medical condition with no known cure that has claimed the lives of millions of people

what the fuck is wrong with you

Well, by your logic, if you have to force someone to watch something, it's not worth watching it.

carcinoGeneticist said:
I like My Little Pony too. You're embarrassing me.
What? What did I say?

Crocodile Dippy said:
The default position on the internet is enjoying My Little Pony. If you don't like it, that makes you edgy and closed-minded. The fact that there appear to be a large amount of big names that enjoy the show - enough to get funding for this documentary - also supports the fact that it's just normal for most people nowadays to enjoy My Little Pony. So yeah, bronies kind of aren't being mistreated as much as you seem to think they are.

also what shyguy said
Look, I'm not saying that EVERYONE needs to be a fan of the show, and I don't mean to come off as one of those "obnoxious" Bronies, but I've SEEN people blatantly disregard the show, Hell even use the WRONG generation of My Little Pony, without even giving it a second thought. Don't get me wrong, I GET that this show isn't for everyone, and I can understand if something like the visuals, the episode plotlines, the dialogue, whatever, isn't for you, but if that's the case, just say so, don't be a jerk about it and bash the show AND the people who like it. Honestly, I feel the same way about the people who hate Adventure Time. It's not for everyone, but try not to insult the people who like or it make the show, because contrary to popular belief, a lot of thought, effort, and especially love goes into these kinds of shows

Crocodile Dippy said:
"force them", and thus our true colours are revealed! You can't "force" them to accept your interests anymore than they can force you to stop watching the show. It goes both ways, mate.
Yeah, like I really meant it when I said "force". Seriously, you GOT what I meant when I said that.

Besides, they're my dad and sister, so in a way I HAVE to deal with them no matter what. I'd rather they fully understand the people who like this show rather then assume they're all gays and pedophiles... somehow... Seriously, how does liking MLP make you a pedophile, I never got that.

Nabber said:
Well, by your logic, if you have to force someone to watch something, it's not worth watching it.
...Again, you're comparing a children's cartoon to a major medical condition with no known cure that has claimed the lives of millions of people

Again, I say, what the fuck is wrong with you

carcinoGeneticist said:
Nabber said:

Nobody would mind if you never spoke again.
See here there's this rule. It says no flaming.
And I'd like people to take notice of that.

While I love the idea behind a Brony documentary, I kind of have to agree with Dippy. Nowhere have I seen Bronies being mistreated or whatever.

Nabber said:
carcinoGeneticist said:
Nabber said:

Really? I'd like you to stop being ridiculously arrogant, but I guess we can't all have what we want!

You know, maybe "mistreated" is the wrong word. Perhaps "misunderstanding" is a better one. Yeah, I like that. Some people don't "get" what makes MLP so special, or at the very least, what makes Bronies such a fun and interesting fanbase. After all, there ARE people who call themselves "Bronies" just because they like the fan-made content.

carcinoGeneticist said:
Smashgoom202 said:
What? What did I say?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You're too openly fanatical in everything you say, and it reflects poorly on the entire community.
I am? Well... I can't help it. I'm trying to smart and assured of myself, but somehow it all comes off as whiny and pathetic. I don't write a lot because I spam or trying to annoy people or anything like that, I'm trying to get my thoughts across in the best way I can manage so that people will understand where I'm coming from. If I'm wrong about something, I'll try and clarify myself. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about me, and that's WHY I support this Brony documentary.

Nabber said:
He's not flaming. He's stating a fact. Learn the difference.

Smashgoom202 said:
Look, I'm not saying that EVERYONE needs to be a fan of the show, and I don't mean to come off as one of those "obnoxious" Bronies, but I've SEEN people blatantly disregard the show, Hell even use the WRONG generation of My Little Pony, without even giving it a second thought. Don't get me wrong, I GET that this show isn't for everyone, and I can understand if something like the visuals, the episode plotlines, the dialogue, whatever, isn't for you, but if that's the case, just say so, don't be a jerk about it and bash the show AND the people who like it. Honestly, I feel the same way about the people who hate Adventure Time. It's not for everyone, but try not to insult the people who like or it make the show, because contrary to popular belief, a lot of thought, effort, and especially love goes into these kinds of shows
whether someone likes the show or not is not the issue here, my point was that it's so popular that you can't really label the fanbase as an oppressed minority. The idea that bronies are somehow special enough to deserve a documentary about how "mistreated" they are is incredibly absurd and melodramatic. I never once thought "Oh man, people are so mean to Sonic fans, I wish someone would make a documentary to raise awareness for how mistreated they are!", because that's dumb.

It's not a subject that needs more awareness raised. Honestly, if you do genuinely like the show, then the generic criticisms that every fanbase gets from the group that don't like them really shouldn't get to you.

Well I'd ask the same of you. You just walk into a thread literally about bronies and the show, mocking us, and yet WE'RE the arrogant ones? but no, when I say that I don't like one of your favorite game, oh no, we're complete fanboys and are being morons.
carcinoGeneticist said:
Smashgoom202 said:
What? What did I say?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You're too openly fanatical in everything you say, and it reflects poorly on the entire community.

Nabber said:
carcinoGeneticist said:
Nabber said:

Flaming...?

No Nabber. I worked very hard to make a true statement about you without flaming, right there. And believe me, it's difficult to say ANYTHING about a person like you without flaming. But I'm confident that I did it.
I'm pretty sure that counts as flaming. And I'm sure that there ARE people here that would mind if I never spoke again. Of course, you yourself don't like them, therefore, they aren't people.

Kind of ironic that a post about the mistreatment of bronies led to the mistreatment of bronies.

Crocodile Dippy said:
whether someone likes the show or not is not the issue here, my point was that it's so popular that you can't really label the fanbase as an oppressed minority. The idea that bronies are somehow special enough to deserve a documentary about how "mistreated" they are is incredibly absurd and melodramatic. I never once thought "Oh man, people are so mean to Sonic fans, I wish someone would make a documentary to raise awareness for how mistreated they are!", because that's dumb.

It's not a subject that needs more awareness raised. Honestly, if you do genuinely like the show, then the generic criticisms that every fanbase gets from the group that don't like them really shouldn't get to you.
Okay, problem there, you used Sonic fans as an example, and the only thing they deserve is pity (most of the time, they're not all like that, but still it's pretty overwhelming). While Bronies have their bad apples, most of the community is genuinely nice, welcoming, and inviting, and most of them are average people who just happen to like this show.

Not to mention, you (and Dr. You-Know-Who) seem to have this mindset where you can't let other people's thoughts and words get to you, and while that might be easy for you to say, to others, it's not. Yeah, some of them are just really insecure (I might still be just a little), but a lot of them are just really sensitive and have hard lives to deal with. I try to be nice and open-minded, at least as much as I can. If I'm not, I'll catch myself and try again.

Point is, maybe to YOU it doesn't seem important, and it probably isn't in the grand scheme of things. But hey, there's no harm in making one anyway, especially if someone like John de Lancie and a bunch of dedicated fans want it to happen. It can only help.

Nabber said:
Kind of ironic that a post about the mistreatment of bronies led to the mistreatment of bronies.

stop posting

please

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, problem there, you used Sonic fans as an example, and the only thing the deserve is pity.
That's not a good attitude to have about other fanbases when you're trying to defend your own. They don't need pity. If you don't like Sonic, you don't like Sonic.

Back