Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Smashgoom202 said:
Check out this sweet promo:

Almost as good as the Katy Perry commercial.

I think I might have seen a reference to this show in The Penguins of Madagascar. In the episode "When The Chips are Down", Private and King Julien watch a show called The Lunacorns. The show's been seen before in the show, but in this episode, there are clearly two lunacorns that look like Rarity and Pinkie Pie. Coincidence? Probably not.

EDIT: This was back in '11, so I won't be surprised at all if someone already posted this.

Guys, look, check this out! There's this Ask Fluttershy tumblr, and I asked if somepony does Fluttershy's mane or if it's naturally that beautiful, and she answered it!

http://askumfluttershy.tumblr.com/post/22469448215

That's pretty cool Smashgoom. I've had an Applejack tumblr answer something of mine. And a few from a rather smalltime Spike one.

Northern Verve said:
That's pretty cool Smashgoom. I've had an Applejack tumblr answer something of mine. And a few from a rather smalltime Spike one.
Are they still active? Can I see them?

To pass the time, I've come up with ideas for Season 3, in the style of descriptions leaked before episodes back in the first two seasons.

Chaos Theory Part 1: Discord is reawakened once again and wants revenge against Equestria.

Chaos Theory Part 2: Can Twilight and her friends stop the return of Discord’s chaotic rule of Equestria when one Element of Harmony goes missing?

Back to School: Celestia hires Twilight to be a substitute teacher in magic school in Canterlot, but can Twilight handle the pressure?

Foes of a Feather: Gilda returns to Ponyville to make amends with Rainbow Dash, but her old friend may not be willing to accept her apology.

Divide and Conquer: A race for Ponyville Mayor bitterly divides the town and the friends, but Fluttershy remains uncertain amid the tension.

To Crusade or Not to Crusade: The Cutie Mark Crusaders join the school play, but are disappointed when acting turns out to not be their special talent.

Haven't come up with the title: Twilight uses the time spell again, and accidentally undoes Pinkie Pie's birth. She (and the other four members of the Mane 5) must right the wrong before the universe implodes.

Twist said:
Divide and Conquer: A race for Ponyville Mayor bitterly divides the town and the friends, but Fluttershy remains uncertain amid the tension.

Actually, I was just thinking of a similar idea the other day. Except it's a mini-war between Luna and Cadence about how the government should be run (monarchy/democracy), and Celestia's the one caught in the middle.

Toad85 said:
Haven't come up with the title: Twilight uses the time spell again, and accidentally undoes Pinkie Pie's birth. She (and the other four members of the Mane 5) must right the wrong before the universe implodes.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That'd.... be kinda dark... even if it was just Twilight putting tension between Pinkie's parents.

Anyway, I did Bridle Gossip Vs. Sweet and Elite today

Ah back to the more difficult ones. I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually going to enjoy the times where I really like both episodes that are against eachother. This one is certainly no exception.

There are hardly any similarities between Bridle Gossip and Sweet and Elite other then that the Main 6 each have at least a little role in both. Which in some cases is obvious similarities between episodes. I suppose they both have a song but much like with Dragonshy and May the Best Pet Win one is rather short (But to be fair Evil Enchantress is longer then Hop, Skip, and a Jump and it's sung 2 different times by 2 different Ponies) and the other is much longer.

Bridle Gossip is one of my favorites from Season 1, we got a neat new character in Zecora and got into how much most ponies in Ponyville fear the Everfree forest and the Main 6 learn the old lesson of "Don't Judge a book by it's Cover". We also get the first dose of Apple Bloom who previously only had one line in the Pilot and wouldn't get really into the spotlight until Episode 12. One of my favorite things is Twilight's sarcasm and skepticism of the others fears about Zecora. One of the moments that helped cemented Twilight as my #1 All-Time favorite pony. And was much appreciated after what kinda happened with her in the episode prior. And all the various things the Poison Joke did to the Main 6 was great and it provided alot of creativity to the fanbase who applied Poison Joke to some popular background ponies and/or new characters that would come out later. I also know that Flutterguy is still something alot of people loved about this episode and I do too. I'd absolutely love it if an episode had Fluttershy get in contact with some Poison Joke again just to hear that voice again. And you know I knew the lesson was Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover but I never realised that there were 2 meanings in the same episode. One with Zecora and the other with the Book because Twilight realised that the book that had the cure was one that had the cover and title of Supernatural stuff. One problem with the episode might be is that the Ponies might be considered too judgemental or dare I say... "racist" but nonetheless with all the character interaction and their response to being "cursed" this was a really enjoyable episode.

Sweet and Elite was also a pretty good episode as well. Rarity being awesome as always, and Fancy Pants was pretty darn cool too. Jet Set and Upper Crust weren't likable in any sense of the word. But it is nice to see more of Canterlot. It does unfortunately kind of place that there is a sort of stupid social rank where the High cities of Canterlot has it's population look down upon the "Country folk" of ordinary towns like Ponyville. But the high-life and Twilight's Birthday party made a perfect conflict for Rarity. Some complain that this episode portrayed Rarity as an immense liar (The whole Opal thing) to her friends. Well that's why Rarity isn't the element of Honesty. And she made up for it by sticking up for them at the end. Which speaking of which. The 2nd half of the episode is awesome. What with Twilight showing up for her party, Pinkie's Party Cannon. Heck the whole Party scene at the end was awesome. And I just love the "Oh sh*t" feeling when Rainbow Dash tells Rarity they're heading to the fancier outside party and basically a subdued repeat of Best Night Ever happens where the Main 6 cause distraught among High Society ponies. Pinkie eating cake loudly, Fluttershy seeing the birds, Twilight's adorkable dancing. It's just an awesome and hilarious scene. And then of course the very end where not only does Rarity defend her friends, but Fancy Pants doesn't turn out to be that bad a guy. (Speaking of which, I noticed Fancy pants basically complimented Twilight quite a bit. If I'm right about Shipping response. There should be at least 5 fics shipping Fancy Pants and Twilight by now. I'm no shipper, but I'm curious if any have been made at all.)

Hard decision. But I'm going to give this one to Bridle Gossip on the account of showing Apple Bloom, Zecora, some added mythos on the Everfree forest, Twilight's Sarcasm, and Flutterguy...Just...Flutterguy. I loved Sweet and Elite, but not even Fancy Pants was enough to tip it in the favor of Sweet and Elite. Another thing is in Bridle Gossip, there's no character that I don't dislike in that episode. While Sweet and Elite with having the Main 6 and Fancy Pants also had Jet Set and Upper Crust. Who not only were snooty to Rarity for pretty much the whole episode but then became hypocrites once they saw Fancy Pants actually likes the Main 6 and Twilight's Dress. I didn't say much about the songs, but as much as Becoming Popular was neat it's ahrd pressed to find many thing to beat Flutterguy's rendition of Evil Enchantress. Point goes to Season 1.

Season 1: 4
Season 2: 5

What You Wish For:

A device used to grant wishes hits Ponyville and it goes around granting one wish to anypony that might stumble upon it. Each wish somehow goes wrong and hilarity/drama ensues.

Haven't decided who gets the wishing device and what their wishes are.

Wait are we just making up episodes?

Proper Leadership These Days is a Rarity: Rarity claims rulership of Equestria after Celestia and Luna mysteriously die.

And Nobody Gave a Damn: Ponyville gets fed up with Equestria and joins the cast of the Jeresy Shore.

In my totally one rare and random post:

The New Shy in Town: (I have two plots for this title)

1. Fluttershy's shyness is rivaled (don't ask, stupid random idea)

2. Iron Will returns and totally completely converts Fluttershy, and her friends can't help this time.

The Last Episode:
Pinkie Pie tells everypony that the show is ending and they have to decide what will happen next.

Magikrazy said:
What You Wish For:

A device used to grant wishes hits Ponyville and it goes around granting one wish to anypony that might stumble upon it. Each wish somehow goes wrong and hilarity/drama ensues.

Reminds me of a certain Billy and Mandy episode. Though I certainly hope it doesn't go exactly like the Billy and Mandy one. (As in what happens. It was good for Billy and Mandy but would be twisted in FiM)

Northern Verve said:
Magikrazy said:
What You Wish For:

Reminds me of a certain Billy and Mandy episode. Though I certainly hope it doesn't go exactly like the Billy and Mandy one. (As in what happens. It was good for Billy and Mandy but would be twisted in FiM)
Yeah, I kinda based it on that Thromnabular.

Now who would wish for what?
Hmm...

Any Professor Layton fans in here? You're in luck. It seems this probably had something to do with the Phoenix Wright storyline.

And there will be more parts to come.

Also apparently there was some cameos and even a shoutout on an ESPN show called "Pardon the Interruption"

2.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the same guy that's in those "WHY" images I've seen Lario post a few times.

Those are so EPIC! Also, that reminds me, when IS that Ace Attorney/Professor Layton game coming out?

Edit: I mentioned a few weeks ago that there was this video being made for the top 10 pony videos of April, well here it is!

Interesting choices, the community has good tastes. :P

Damn, I COMPLETELY forgot about Derpy Hooves Makes Muffins! I freaking LOVED that!

Now this one was a little more difficult to choose then the previous ones. Though not that I absolutely loved both episodes as with Bridle Gossip and Sweet and Elite. But these are 2 episodes that I liked but not really among my favorites. Both pretty good episodes, but both seem average compared to my favorites from both seasons.

Now there actually is some similarities between these 2. Both are written by M.A. Larson, Both feature a short scene with Zecora, Both feature the Main 6 in some way, Both have Ponyville get some major Damage, and both threats are ultimately stopped by a particular part of the Main cast (Pinkie in Swarm of the Century, and Rarity in Secret of my Excess). This is one of those ordered episodes that has quite alot of similarities here. And made for some interesting notes while rewatching both.

On Swarm of the Century, I praise it for being another good episode that features the Main 6 each with their own little roles dealing with the main problem of the episode: the Parasprites. Interesting to note is this is one episode that Fluttershy's kindness to Animals turned out making things worse. Something really different then what her kindness have done before. This is also the first case where Twilight goes a little OCD when preparing Ponyville for Celestia's arrival. A precursor to Lesson Zero, especially when Twilight snaps a little near the ending. Which is one of my favorite parts of the episode along with Rarity's reaction when all Pinkie does is grab a flute when it looks like she was going to help. Oh and Celestia's expression when Pinkie's leading the Parasprites out always make me giggle. Speaking of which we know it's Pinkie that solves the problem of leading the parasprites (albeit not cleaning up Ponyville). Albeit a major problem I have with this episode is that while Pinkie does solve the problem, she doesn't just tell any of the Main 6 what she means. And then she complains that the others aren't listening to her. Well maybe they'd listen if you actually said anything? But other then that, it's an enjoyable episode in it's own right.

Secret of my Excess is of course the 2nd Spike centered episode in the series. The previous one being Owl's Well That End's Well. And this episode was pretty good too, it might be my favorite of the Spike episodes. While compared to the previous episode most of the roles are handed to Twilight and Rarity, each of the Main 6 each bring something to this episode Pinkie Pie's cake assault, Fluttershy and Rainbow's "Good Cop, Bad Cop" around Giant!Spike Ear's, and Applejack's "Get my Rope" each brought something to the table. A part of Dragon Quest makes the Doctor and Vet scenes make more sense as there's not even books about Dragons. The existence of Dragon Quest literrally makes this episode better as I think some complaints about it "Why doesn't Twilight search for information on Dragons in her library?" Dragon Quest answered that. Also while they're not too huge deals the references to Godzilla, King Kong, and more were pretty neat to see. And while I'm not a Shipper and the Spike X Rarity stuff wasn't too big. It was cute still, (If you're a Rarity X Spike shipper at all I expect that this episode you'll instantly give the point to) especially the falling scene. This episode also added some mythology to the Dragons in the show. While it actually made more questions then it did Answers (I have a feeling that Dragons in FiM will forever be up to the fandom to decide how they work. Every single Spike episode that people are expecting answers from are just going to make more questions). I think it added a little more depth to this episode.

Tough call, but I'm going to give this one to Secret of my Excess. Swarm had some memorable moments, but I feel like it just doesn't live up to Excess for many reasons. The conflict between Pinkie and the Main 6 holds back that episode quite a bit (Like I said, maybe they would of listened to Pinkie if she said more then "I need a (*insert instrument here*)". And the fact that Secret of my Excess put more discussion about Dragons and the Mythology of the series, especially when it was made better by what happens in Dragon Quest: It's just a more notable episode overall. Basically Dragons > Parasprites, Rarity's (Albeit not intentional) Solution build-up > Pinkie's Solution Build Up. Therefore Secret of my Excess > Swarm of the Century. Point goes to Season 2

Season 1: 4
Season 2: 6

Back