The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

hi packy

we missed you

welp my shitty laptop just blue-screened for the last time. it won't start up anymore. rip

ironically, i was supposed to back it up this weekend as well because it'd been crashing unexpectedly for weeks, so i've just lost heaps of assignments/other things but since school's over i guess those aren't too important. but still, fuck

i'll have limited access to the forums b/c i'm stuck using my 3DS for a while. so yeah, i'll try to be active for mafia and stuff but it'll be pretty difficult. just putting this notice here in case anyone wonders why i'm not around :luigi:

I'm back from the seas of inactivity. I think it's time I told you guys what happened that caused me to leave the wiki.

Yes, I lost my account password, which is normal for people who don't want to reveal their e-mail. I came back as The Easter Azumarill, because I still wanted to edit the wiki. However, then I lost the password of that and I tried contacting a bureaucrat, but then I was afraid people were going to assume "oh, look! someone is sockpuppeting!", so I left there because I was afraid I was going to be accused of "sockpuppeting", when in reality I wasn't.

I'm going to try give myself one more chance there, but should I?

Uhm so you lost your account password and didn't want to click on the "forgot password?" option or what?

okay

anyways, welcome back!

That only works if you entered an email, which it sounds like he didn't.

Braixen said:
I'm back from the seas of inactivity. I think it's time I told you guys what happened that caused me to leave the wiki.

Yes, I lost my account password, which is normal for people who don't want to reveal their e-mail. I came back as The Easter Azumarill, because I still wanted to edit the wiki. However, then I lost the password of that and I tried contacting a bureaucrat, but then I was afraid people were going to assume "oh, look! someone is sockpuppeting!", so I left there because I was afraid I was going to be accused of "sockpuppeting", when in reality I wasn't.

Unless a user conveniently "loses" their password immediately after getting a warning or something, we generally believe them when they say they forgot their password and had to make a new account - especially if they come to us rather than someone noticing a shared IP and having to ask the user. I mean, unless you have something to hide, why would anyone make a new account when they have a history built up with the old one?

If you want to make a new account on the wiki, feel free, and then just let us know and we can block the Easter Azumarill account. Hell, if you want that name back, or your original "A Paragoomba and the Koopa Bros." name, that can be arranged too.

There's been a massive powercut in my area. I'm not sure when it'll be over. The only internet I can get is a really bad connection on my phone and I really need to conserve power. At best, it'll be back in the morning but at worst it could take a few days.

my uni ended term early so i'm back. power's off in the entirety of lancaster until wednesday so i would've been gone until then if i had to stay. not at home yet but should be by tomorrow night.

Walkazo said:
That only works if you entered an email, which it sounds like he didn't.

Braixen said:

Unless a user conveniently "loses" their password immediately after getting a warning or something, we generally believe them when they say they forgot their password and had to make a new account - especially if they come to us rather than someone noticing a shared IP and having to ask the user. I mean, unless you have something to hide, why would anyone make a new account when they have a history built up with the old one?

If you want to make a new account on the wiki, feel free, and then just let us know and we can block the Easter Azumarill account. Hell, if you want that name back, or your original "A Paragoomba and the Koopa Bros." name, that can be arranged too.

I'm going to use a new account, because I probably will never be able to find out what happened to the passwords from the first two.

The Imprisoned said:
Welcome back! I hope I don't lose my password, I had NEVER EVER log off despite being retired on the wiki.

I don't log off either viper

I remember APATKB

he's right next to me on the block log from when I forgot my password in 2014

So, not like I've been super active the past month or so anyways, but my computer's hard drive crashed this week and so I have been unable to use it, which is why I have been really inactive as of late, and probably will be for the next week or so, especially with it being finals week. (I'm messaging here because I'm at my computer lab finishing a research paper)

So today I found my old hard drive from almost exactly a year ago (the one I swapped out because it was getting corrupt), and popped it back in since the one I replaced it with and used for over a year is now even more corrupt.

Some of my buttons on the taskbar aren't working and it's somewhat unnerving but otherwise I am in control of a functional computer again. How long it will last, who knows.

Javelin said:
So today I found my old hard drive from almost exactly a year ago (the one I swapped out because it was getting corrupt), and popped it back in since the one I replaced it with and used for over a year is now even more corrupt.

Some of my buttons on the taskbar aren't working and it's somewhat unnerving but otherwise I am in control of a functional computer again. How long it will last, who knows.

welcome back!

I'll pr'y be gone from the 23rd to the 26th

but until then I'll still be here

Javelin said:
update: the taskbar is working and windows defender isolated and removed some kind of sys32 modifier program

back in business

Back