Theming after a real person (that is not me)

Doctor Bowser

To your detriment!
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
MegaBowser64
For instance, if I wanted to do a Jeff Bezos theme, would that be allowed? Or would it cause confusion as to whether I am Jeff Bezos (or a 15-year-old version of him)? Not seriously considering theming after a real person, I've just always been curious about this. I know you don't accept theming after controversial people (such as Hitler), but what if it was a relatively uncontroversial person?

Name changes have to be approved by admins before they're applied. So you can just change your name to whatever and see if they accept it or not. That'll tell you if the name's allowed.

Though in my personal, unimportant opinion, if names like "Wario's Ass" are allowed, I don't see why Jeff Bezos would be off limits XD

Nobody is ever going to assume a celebrity is really on the Marioboards, so real names are pretty much a "whatever" unless the person you're theming as is a vitriolic racist or something. People have already named themselves after real people before (see: MCD as Nathan Fielder), though it's typically for if they're playing as the personality in a forum game

For instance, if I wanted to do a Jeff Bezos theme, would that be allowed? Or would it cause confusion as to whether I am Jeff Bezos (or a 15-year-old version of him)?

I work for USPS, we are Bezos's bitch so that would spiritually offend me.

Back