Mario Factory a store/entertainment complex that is now defunct and I want info regarding it

WWH

Goomba
(Notice before starting this: I am not bilingual, and as such alot of this information I have is in japanese. So it may be partially incorrect, which is why I am asking here for extra information regarding the subject.)

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone here on these fourms has information regarding a now defunct multi-location Mario entertainment complex, located apparently in Japan. I stumbled upon it from a blog, located in an old fourm post documenting old, obscure Mario arcade/video machines. The blog itself, contains multiple photos of a place called, "Mario Factory". The place apparently formerly contained an absolute fortune of obscure Mario Media, and arcade machines, some of which exclusive to these Mario Factorys. Apparently according to said blog, and another blog made by the same person about the other location, and general research:

The place has a big arcade, a kids playground area, a dining area, and a stage. Apparently some of the things that happend there were: Hosted live action shows containing Mario and Luigi Mascot costumes, Digitial events with Mario Characters on screens, game tournaments, Meet & Greets with Mario, and other similar events.

Apparently they were formerly located in two malls:
AEON Mall, Urawa Misono. Which opened on April 27, 2006. Source: http://www.a-suma.com/old/exp/mf/mfu.htm
And AEON Mall, Minami Kashiwa on May 10th, 2006. Source: http://www.a-suma.com/old/exp/mfk/mfk.htm

Apparently both of them are now defunct, and have been since atleast 2011.
(I can confirm atleast one of the locations closed on February 19th of 2010.)
I can hardly find any information on ethier locations, which is why I came here, to see if anyone has anymore information than I do. I personally would check out both blogs that I cited, as they contain photos, and a general glance of both locations.

Photos Gallery:

(The entrance of the Urawa Misono Location.)
1 (3).jpg

(The entrance of the Minami Kashiwa Location.)
2 (1).jpg

(A UFO Claw Catcher Game that I do not know the name of, with Mario Factory Branding.)
images (57).jpeg

(A food court area at the Urawa Misono Location.)
9 (1).jpg

(The main stage, where certain shows, and events, (both Live Action & Digital took place unoccupied.)
34435-69dda2e5b7bc1f16b81cd321529d485d.jpg

(Mario & Luigi on stage, at some kind of New Super Mario Bros event.
The event has some footage uploaded on YouTube, but I am not going to post it unless requested to, to respect the the uploader. The Footage contains people playing some NSMBDS Minigames on the stage's Screen, and is pretty short.)
34434-aa141915a9fbe499397456e82a7801d1.jpg

If anyone here has any more information regarding these places, or would like to add to this discussion, I would appreciate it heavily.
Thank you, and have a good rest of your day!

Last edited:
I also just apparently found the host company of both of the entertainment centers, and a Japanese Wikipedia article detailing them. (Not sure if an english translation is available. As Wikipedia is already an unreliable source for proper citations and research, a Japanese article translated into English isn't gonna be much better. So take it all with some skepticsm.)

Here's what I gathered:
The company, at the time of Mario Factory, was formerly known as UCO Co., Ltd. (Later known as MIA Co., Ltd., which is how I will be referring to them as,) is the company which originally partnered with Nintendo Co. Ltd. sponsor the buildings. They obviously obtained licenses from them, (which is interesting considering how rarely sparsely Nintendo gives out licenses to their IPs, to protect their brands.)

They ceased operations in 2013, then declared court-ordered bankruptcy in 2014. Fully ceasing to exist legally as a corporate, and legal entity in 2019. (I think, I could be wrong on that last one.)

It unfortunately doesn't provide much info as to why they declared bankruptcy, or weren't doing good financially. I'll research it further and post an update if I find anything noteworthy.

Source: The Japanese Wikipedia Article, (that I can't find on the EN version of Wikipedia.)

If anyone who sees this has more information on these places would assist me in properly documenting them, (or just providing said information,) I would heavily appreciate it as someone who is a fan of obscure Mario media.

I can hardly find anything about them besides some images and old blog posts about them. Even searching in Japanese.
(Even with the blog posts, majority of said blog posts come from the same person named Kikai, who is an extremely reliable Mario Merchandise collector. Alot of the obscure Mario Arcade games on the Mario Wiki are sourced from him, some of which contain photos from Mario Factory. Shoutouts to them, as they still collect, and seem to be a really awesome person.)

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Back