What game did you last play?!?!?!?

This is gonna sound pretty lame, but I'm playing Ocarina of Time for the first time. And it's crazy fun! I watched my brother play it when we were kids, and two different neighbors at two different times, but for some reason I never played any Zelda games myself. My brother got me to play Wind Waker a little in high school because he thought it was would be saccharine enough for me, but I don't think I was able to figure it out at the time and I quit halfway through...Okay, looking back, that does sound pretty weak!

But yeah, this is the first time that I'm actually really going hard at a Zelda game, on my own, and am actually enjoying it! I'm in the Forest Temple right now, and I'm really missing the Boomerang :(

Mario Party

Nearly got beat by the easy AI, that would've been sad. The hard and normal AI started slacking near the end.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Doesn't really change much when the hard AI gets whooped anyway, makes it more interesting to have three characters that behave differently than 3 characters that behave the same. I think the funniest thing is that the easy AI has done better overall than both the hard and normal AI in the last two maps, the fucking Hard AI threw the game in rainbow castle by not stealing a star when it had 130 coins lmao.

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

A tour de force in videogame storytelling. I laughed, I cried, and I ate a lot of fish.

Flora said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Doesn't really change much when the hard AI gets whooped anyway, makes it more interesting to have three characters that behave differently than 3 characters that behave the same. I think the funniest thing is that the easy AI has done better overall than both the hard and normal AI in the last two maps, the *bleep*ing Hard AI threw the game in rainbow castle by not stealing a star when it had 130 coins lmao.

that sounds really freaking hilarious, need to try that at some point

Chrono Trigger

Tried to fight the final boss.

First phase was pretty simple but that's obvious I guess. Second phase troubled me a bit but I just tackled it with Marle, Lucca, and Robo. Hasted Lucca and Robo and threw various Ethers at the others with Marle. Ocassionally used Antipode 3. The third form did kick my ass though. One of its attacks is something that attacks the entire party and dealt only like about 400-ish to the girls but over 1100 to Robo. Maybe it was some elemental resistence shenanigan? Also kinda attacked minimally since I spent turns Hasting/healing. Quickly discovered that one part absorbs elements(at least Fire) but isn't very good at physical Defense. But I got killed soon afterwards by that one Robo-killer attack and him quickly doing some decently damaging attacks on the girls(about 200 each).

Pokken Tournament

I didn't think I could hate a character more than Pikachu. but Chandelure exists.

My run through the single player ends with a 148-1 W/L. You can probably guess what character that 1 comes from. god daaaaamn I didn't think it would be so frustrating to have that one loss. I think it was just because it was the last fight before fighting the final league champ, it made it that much more infuriating. and then they end it on a Pikachu battle. I loathe Pikachu. Fuck you Pokken, don't buy this game.
however I did get a cute santa outfit for the advisor so that's nice.

Sonic & Knuckles

I'm playing this on my Wii and I can't be stuffed buying Sonic 3 to lock it on. I still have classic collection to fill my 3 & Knuckles needs, but maybe on my birthday.

I'm replaying the game as Knuckles and I just finished Mushroom Hill Zone. Thanks to his abilities I found a crap load of secrets and goodies. The boss in Act 2 was more of a joke then I remembered, as I managed to land five hits on him the moment he appeared. I've only have two chaos emeralds because I suck at the special stages. Still better then the halfpipe and the rotating maze.

Chrono Trigger

Got my ass kicked by the final boss again.

So I thought I could just hit one of Lavos Core's parts with my best physical. Decided to take it on with Lucca/Marle/Crono this time since Crono had good Magic Defense. Two Confuses from Crono killed that one part that lacks physical Defense. And then the final boss unleashed "Grand Stone: Ultimate physical attack". I was baffled as my party was annihilated(literally over 1000 damage). Guess I'll try Lucca's Protect next time.

Metroid Prime for Trilogy, beat it once again. Strangely, even though I was doing Veteran this time the final boss, it didn't seem to last as long as it did on Normal mode.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

back to grinding the Online Master achievement.

Only at 38/100, I wish I could manually send out invites or something.

Just redeemed WarioWare Touched for 1000 coins :ashley:

so good :')

Fire Emblem

oh man playing stones before this has made all of the tutorial shit unbearable

The story hasn't really fleshed out yet but i'm expecting big things from that intro, just finished chapter 6 and said bye to the racist prick whose castle i just saved

the world map is boring and difficult to follow atm but i hope it expands out similar to what fe8 did

favourite units are serra, lyn, sain, wil and matthew in that order.

taking a break for now

Chara said:
my friend and I just played smash 4 to undertale music, it was glorious

sounds great

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

I like Elysia it's so peaceful, you can drop therorian bombs on leviathan seeds

Chrono Trigger

Finally beat the final boss and it only took 6 attempts. Finally got an ending that isn't the bad one.

Lucca-Marle-Robo. Used Robo's Heal Beam and Lapises to heal my entire party, and even a few MegaElixirs. Marle never seemed to be able to survive Grand Stone, even under Protect, but maybe I should have just put better armor on her? Haste and Antipode 3 are nice, I gotta say. Also used that Barrier item so that Robo could survive things like Dreamless instead of using time on Life2. I'm sure I entered the fight with nearly 20 Barriers and finished with less than 9.

Stella Glow

needed a new weeb game, couldn't play Atelier since my ps3 is busted so I went with this. I need to get my ps3 fixed so I can start these games I haven't even played yet.

I beat Undertale for the

uh

what

11th time?

Stella Glow

So I looked up some stuff about the optional things you can do during intermissions to see if some of it is a waste of my limited free time and accidentally found out the trick to getting the true ending. I won't go for it since it's supposedly hinted at when you play through normally, and I found out New Game+ gives you so much free time as well as being far easier to grind so I think I'll just fuck around this time, play normally, get the regular ending, ditch the units that suck and focus on the good ones, enjoy myself.

Lots of text in the first three hours, the game is more fun when you just get thrown into a battle. Rusty is probably my favourite unit right now. He gets to move around frequently, has counter and can move really far. I do like that it isn't separated into turns but rather your characters agility decides the movement order of everyone on the map and it decides how often you get to move.

I'm enjoying this more than I expected to.

Left 4 Dead 2

:3

Back