Most difficult or challenging HYPOTHETICAL Mario Star, Shine Sprite, or Moon?

Paper Luigi Balls

Lover of Luiginary Balls
Banned User
What's the hypothetical hardest Star, Shine, or Moon you can think of? I think if the Darker side of the Moon had a Daredevil Run, and Mario could have only taken one hit for the entire course, including the Bowser segment, I think that it then would have gone from the easiest final challenge in a 3D Mario of this decade, to by far the hardest. Alternatively, since Odyssey had no 1-hit Daredevil Runs, I think a more realistic take on the final challenge would have been if there had been no hearts in the level at all, and Mario could only withstand three hits (that did not refill at the final :bowser: segment). I think the challenge would have been a lot more difficult then, but I still don't think it would have been the hardest grand finale challenge.

If the Boss Blitz Galaxy had had a Daredevil Run instead of just a timed challenge in Galaxy 2, that may have been the ultimate nightmare. But they didn't.

If we're being hypothetical, then every star in SM64 would be very difficult (at least for me) if when Bowser told you to scram at the start of the game you had no choice but to do as he said and leave the castle forever. Of course, all the TASers out there would still manage by getting in through the door under the moat.

I think it’s obvious for everyone that it’s the perfect run.

The Perfect Run may be harder then The Ultimate Challenge of earlier, but hypothetically speaking, it's actually easier due to being able to get a 1-Up near the beginning of the third challenge. Something that can't be done with The Ultimate Challenge after getting a checkpoint after that challenge. But, hypothetically speaking, Wing Mario Over the Rainbow/Over the Rainbows is just as hard if not harder and the setback is worst than the one where you're near the end of The Perfect Run and you got hit by a Hammer from a Hammer Bro. The only thing that's keeping it from being known as hard is that it doesn't take away lives.

Almost every Shine Sprite if hypothetically FLUDD wasn't available at the beginning and instead the Delfino Police gave you a mop and bucket to clean up the goop. A mop and bucket does not make a good impromptu jetpack and you wouldn't be able to clean goop from a distance. And refilling water for the bucket when it gets dirty would be a nightmare. You couldnt just empty the dirty water in the clean water, you'd have to go to the waste management level and take care of it there and then get more water. Some Shine Sprites would still be possible, and I guess for the boats you could use the mop as an oar, but that wouldnt really work in the Corona Mountain level because the mop would probably disintegrate in the lava.

THE hardest star, for super mario 64, would be a star 5000 units beneath the death barrier of a parallel universe.

a kaizo level where you cant take a single hit and it takes an hour to complete
this isnt star or whatever specifically but can still work

Back