2001: A Mario Odyssey

Mcmadness said:
Does that include the strippers and getting drunk and stumbling out the back door at the bar?
I hope the strippers are just a minor part of the gameplay. I'm not into that stuff.

I like to do the other things, but I'll mainly like to walk around and see what I can do without being TOO much of a nuisance.

Roserade said:
My best bet for the mechanics for the game is gonna be a huge emphasis on hats. Mario's hat now has eyes, Bowser throws his hat in the trailer, the rabbits have hats, random enemies have hats... It could be a stretch, but I imagine hat upgrades would be present rather than traditional power-ups.
*le epic gabe newell joke*

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mcmadness said:
Does that include the strippers and getting drunk and stumbling out the back door at the bar?
I hope the strippers are just a minor part of the gameplay. I'm not into that stuff.

I like to do the other things, but I'll mainly like to walk around and see what I can do without being TOO much of a nuisance.

But you are ok with getting shit face drunk.

im just wondering if this is gonna be JUST mario game though

with 3dworld behind do you guys think there could be more then one playable character?

but assuming its just a mario game i do hope the powerups arent situational again as it seems every 3d mario game has situational powerup and powerups being a massive second thought because ofi t.

Well the hat throwing is essentially Boomerang Mario.

Maybe other caps from crazy caps will by expy's of other power ups as well?

I don't think that will be the case, the hat looks like it's needed to make some jumps. Jumping on top of it looks like it sends you higher and using it as a platform in midair can help cover long distances. That and Boomerang Mario can't make the Boomerang stay in place like Mario's cap can.

My guess is that caps are mostly decorative. I could be wrong though, it would be nice to put on a Fire Flower cap or something.

honestly super excited for this. 3d mario games are my favourite part of the franchise and this is looking like one of the best ones yet. definitely a huge upgrade from 3d world (which i still thought was pretty fun). i'm kinda sad that it's not coming out until holidays, but then again i won't be able to get a switch until june or later anyway so even if it was a launch title i wouldn't have been able to get it anyway.

I wonder what the theme for the music will be?

Galaxy had a large symphony/orchesta. 3D World had a big band.

Wario and Waluigi appearing? Ha, as if!

But seriously, what does it take for our favorite losers to appear in a Super Mario title?

Mcmadness said:
But you are ok with getting *bleep* face drunk.
Probs. Depends on how it impacts the gameplay. Just as long as I avoid strippers since they seem to be an unpleasant part of the game. Sorry for the lateish response. I just overlooked it.

Fresh Bowser said:
Given the hat thing, I hope Luigi, Wario and Waluigi appear with their own unique hat abilities. Or at the very least Luigi.
I really, really wish the Wa people can appear. It sucks that Mario keeps making new enemies only for them to disappear and be forgotten (unlike Paper Mario, where characters are at least memorable) while we get mainstays that even get amiibo, but never appear outside of Party Sports Kart.

Baby Luigi said:
Wario and Waluigi appearing? Ha, as if!

But seriously, what does it take for our favorite losers to appear in a Super Mario title?

This game supports amiibo right? With the new wave of Super Mario amiibo I think they have a better chance than ever.

I'm guessing that she will, considering she's been appearing in everything these days.

On another note, I hope they release amiibo specifically for this game, such as Bowser in his snazzy suit. They shouldn't be required to 100% the game but they could unlock cosmetic things or minigames.

An amiibo, a statue, a poster, a plushy.

Just everything with Bowser in that suit.

Fresh Bowser said:

On another note, I hope they release amiibo specifically for this game, such as Bowser in his snazzy suit. They shouldn't be required to 100% the game but they could unlock cosmetic things or minigames.

So true, man. But since I probably will not get the Switch, I will collect them for fun. Especially Mafia Bowser, which I SERIOUSLY want.

Back