Bad video games you like/Good video games you dislike

Nibbs said:
Actual Right Opinion™ on the MP franchise: They're all terrible :)

Shut up

actually a supossibly good game i dont like is banjo kazooie

dont enjoy collectathons

I loved Mario Party 9 to be honest; very fun and enjoyable mini games as well as some hard ones (I'm lookin' at you Pit or Platter). I love how there are plenty of opportunities to boost your Mini Stars (especially with Party Mode's Handicap feature). There are no downsights about this game except losing a chunk of Mini Stars on severe luck based challenges, getting a lost half your Mini Stars on a Bowser Wheel or losing in battle for half your Mini Stars on a Bowser Space. Overall this game is amazing there is so much to do if you don't have this then I recommend buying it. This game was also the last Mario game for the Wii.

The game I'm not really fond of is Super Mario 3D World... This game is so overrated. The biggest downsight to this game is how it continues the gameplay of Super Mario 3D Land rather than going back to the original 3D Marios such as Super Mario 64, Sunshine, 64 DS, Galaxy and even Galaxy 2, (the best one yet) continuing 3D Land's gameplay means using the traditional power-up system as your source of life (like the 2D Mario games) rather than using the health meter from the first five 3D Mario games. Using a Goal Pole as the key item to end the level rather than using Power Stars or Shine Sprites (although the latter is hardly seen in any of the new Mario games). Timers appear in every level rather than certain ones like the Galaxy games. No character even talks in this game, it's just the standard Super Mario Bros. adventure in 3D now. They even disabled Triple Jumping in this game so you can only go as high as a Double Jump and that's the same height as a generic jump. You will need to rely on your "still living" backflip to even advance though I know for a fact that the Triple Jump returns in the Nintendo Switch's 3D Mario. Although I love the artworks the graphic design and the bosses and secrets too.

a game that is good or so people say is super mario rpg legend of he seven stars.

After thinking back and watching a review ive come to realize that the biggest thing i dont like about this so so game is that its so limited and bare minimum, theres not much to really do in the game, there isnt much to combat whatsover, theres not much variety, enemies are not very challenging in that they're too basic and limited to really pose any form of challenge or general interest, the game itself is also very dated in its look and really the only strong point it really has is its music and the final fantasy cameo.

of course this might be, because im a rpg veteran, but yeah.

I only consider Mario Superstar Baseball to be ok, as I have problems with it:

1. You cannot manually switch between fielders, so you have to rely on the game. This was fixed in Super Sluggers. I hate it especially when a CPU bunts, as the game may constantly switch between the catcher, pitcher or first/third baseman.

2. While I do like that homeruns are a bit harder to get, batting in general is much harder than it should be, not only because the timing of the swing is awkward, but the cursor you can use is stupid and distracting. Again, Super Sluggers fixed this.

3. The pitching mechanics are also flawed. The timing for a fastball is not consistent between characters, and I hate how a CPU Donkey Kong pitches (he can throw the ball sideways to the right, only to curve it as if he threw in the opposite direction instead). Some star pitches are also very difficult to hit (DK, Wario, Daisy and Yoshi). I think Super Sluggers improved on this aspect.

4. The conditions of some star missions are dumb. Luckbased things like "Catch a booted ball", "Hit a note block with a ball", "pitch a perfect game" or "Score 2000 points in Barrel Batter".

I think we can agree that Super Sluggers is pretty much a step up in almost all aspects from Superstar Baseball. Unless you're living in Europe.

lots of people like the first 3 gen 1 games, me?

i think they're shit, so many glitches, the battle sprites is freaking ugly on so many levels, and and WRAP. It's such a demonic mess and i cant see anything good about it whatsover, the music is terrible, the game is ugly, and everything else i said, easily some of the worst rpgs ever made, just fuck gen 1 so much.

All I remember in Gen 1 Pokemon is the item management. Geezus. I also dislike Gen 1 a lot too for those reasons you stated.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I think we can agree that Super Sluggers is pretty much a step up in almost all aspects from Superstar Baseball. Unless you're living in Europe.

I do live in Europe, but I bought the game and an American Wii console three months ago.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I didnt even know there was a Mario baseball game before Super Sluggers o_O

Zae Eildus said:

i think they're shit, so many glitches, the battle sprites is freaking ugly on so many levels, and and WRAP. It's such a demonic mess and i cant see anything good about it whatsover, the music is terrible, the game is ugly, and everything else i said, easily some of the worst rpgs ever made, just fuck gen 1 so much.
The first gen Pokemon is one of those very very very few games where I would say aged poorly.

Actually I don't I have ever asked you this before Zae, but what about the remakes Firered and Leafgreen? It completely fixed everything wrong with the original Gen 1.

Nibbs said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I didnt even know there was a Mario baseball game before Super Sluggers o_O

Zae Eildus said:

The first gen Pokemon is one of those very very very few games where I would say aged poorly.

Actually I don't I have ever asked you this before Zae, but what about the remakes Firered and Leafgreen? It completely fixed everything wrong with the original Gen 1.

well yeah the remakes were much better in that regard, although i find it kinda so so to pass through as im not too big on kanto, although overall the remakes are considerably better at least.

Reread the thread title.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Reread the thread title.
It said bad video games you like, so there.
As for good video games I dislike, do you really think I have the time to list every RPG ever except for Undertale?

SuperDoom said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Reread the thread title.
As for good video games I dislike, do you really think I have the time to list every RPG ever except for Undertale?

nice bait, try again

SuperDoom said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Reread the thread title.
It's ok you'll learn someday that making controversial opinions for the sake of making controversial opinions isn't that funny Unless you are 3d player

SuperDoom said:
I haven't played Bubsy 3D, and Action 52 downright STINKS, so yeah.
Well, by reading this line, it seemed to me that you don't like bad games, so I thought you were posting Sonic '06 and E.T. because you thought it STUNK as well.

Well, I LOVE Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire. People criticize them for being too easy, but for first time players, they can be a little difficult. And I HATE Pokemon Black and White for some reason. The Pokemon are ugly, and the story is kind of boring in my opinion. I also forgot to mention I hate Minecraft the most. It used to be good, but when the raging kids came in and all the stupid servers, the game just lost it's real point, building and having fun.

Black and White has a number of ugly Pokémon simply because it's the largest batch of new Pokémon. Statistically it's more likely.

As such, we also get a high number of awesome Pokémon as well. Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Braviary, Galvantula. I could go on. Gen V has some great mons. My Nuzlocke has really helped me see that.

Back