Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
EDIT: No longer applicable. Keeping purely for the sake of why not

Looking for people to help me with my game's creation. I need voice actors, musicians, and just ideas in general. See here: *dead*

Have a voice and want to show it off? Perhaps you have a gruffly antagonistic voice or a determined heroic one. Or maybe you just want to provide a voice for a background character, something along the lines of just a simple "Yes" or "No."

Below are all the characters in the new game Power Master 2: The Legend. There are major characters, minor characters, and enemies that all need voices! Help them find their proper voice!

To submit a voice, record the sample lines for the character you want to voice and then send them to alexbodine@yahoo.com (or by any other means) where they will be evaluated and possibly chosen. Label the email with the character subject, such as "Kyle's Lines." Record them either as a separate file for each line, or as one long file with breaks in between the line samples. Record the lines either as an .ogg or .midi file so it is compatible with the development program. Only one person will be accepted per character, but you can apply for as many characters as you want.

As this is our first foray into the world of hiring voice actors, you will be working for peanuts…. possibly literally. However, you will get a free download code for the game once it is released and your name will be listed in the credits. If we make it big, I’ll be sure to send you extra peanuts.

This game will not have full-scale voice acting like "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic." Instead, it's more along the lines of "Fire Emblem Awakening" where there's a small voice-over per speech bubble.

By submitting your voice, you are agreeing to let me use it in both the game and promotional material. If you have been selected to record for the character(s), you will be notified and the additional lines will be sent. Please record all lines given as soon as possible. Additional lines may be submitted along with the requested lines if you feel inspired to go off script, but keep the lines at an "E Rating" or below. Swearing and profanity will NOT be included in the game. You will be notified if something will not work and needs redone.

The demo submission deadline will be August 31st, 2016 12pm PST. After that point, no more submissions will be accepted.

Main Character Voices

Kyle - A 15-year-old boy = "My name's Kyle." | "Hey... You okay?" | "I'm not going to lose!"

Merlina - A 15-year-old girl = "I'm Merlina." | "Mother, let me help!" | "What do I do now...?"

Marvin - A 15-year-old boy = "The name's Marvin. Learn it!" | "Sure, whatever." | "How could I have failed..."

Stephan - A 14-year-old boy = "My name is Stephan." | "Don't listen to Exitilus!" | "Are you okay?"

Jennifer - A 15-year-old girl = "Name's Jennifer." | "Give 'em all you got!" | "Well, this sucks..."

Hamilton - An 18-year-old man = "I'm Hamilton. Pleased to meet you." | "Can you still continue?" | "Don't listen to him!"

Helen - An 18-year-old woman = "Hello, I'm Helen." | "I'm... not sure." | "Oh, no!"

Guardians - Elderly men throughout the game = "I'm counting on you." | "You must get the Gem back!" | "Thank you."

Exitilus - The main villain of the game (will have the save VA as the Guardians) = "Excellent!" | "How pathetic." | *Laughs*

Evelyn - Merlina's mother and secondary villain = "Thank you!" | "How dare you!"

Minor Characters

Young Boy - About 8yrs. = "Hey!" | "I need some help."

Young Girl - About 8yrs. = "Hello." | "Can you do something for me?"

Teen Boy - About 15yrs. = "Hey there." | "Think you can help?"

Teen Girl - About 15yrs. = "What's up?" | "Hey, can you help me?"

Man - About 30yrs. = "Hello there." | "Help!"

Woman - About 30yrs. = "Oh, hello!" | "Can you help?"

Elderly Man - About 60yrs. = "What's that?" | "This sounds important..."

Elderly Woman - About 60yrs. = "Let me help you." | "Thank you."

Jade - a 12-year-old girl = "Huh? What?" | "Thank you..." | *Cries*

Charles - Announcer character = "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!"

Bosses

Huntsman - ~30yrs, tough sounding = "I am called Huntsman." | "Guess I went easy on ya'."

James - A coniving, middle-aged man = "I can't believe I lost... to a RUNT like you!" | "You like it?"

Jyosua - A male tournament goer = "Are you ready?"

Sarhara - A female tournament goer = "Hm. This may be easier than I thought."

Dave - A male tournament goer = "Ah, this will be a good fight!"

Steel - A robotic eel (voice can be digitalized late if needed) = "I. AM. STEEL." | "ERROR!"

Heavy Knight - A muffled guard in Evelyn's home = "None shall pass." | "For Lady Evelyn!"

Red Mage - A snarky mid-20s female = "Well, aren't we feisty." | "I prefer to go by Red."

Blue Mage - A quiet ~20 female = "Whatever." | "Blue."

Green Mage - A flamboyant late-teens female = "Why, hello there, cuties." | "You can call me Green!"

Fire Soldier - An ~30 man = "This can't be right." | "I will fight. For everyone I love!"

Music helps set the tone for games. When players are questing, they need good adventuring music. When they're battling a tough enemy, they need energetic music playing in the background.

Included on this page is a sample .midi file of how I want the main theme for Power Master 2 to sound like. Be warned, though, it's... not very good. Your job is to remix the song your way and then send it to alexbodine@yahoo.com (or by any other means) where it will be evaluated and possibly chosen. Record it either as an .ogg or .midi file so it can be read properly by the development program. Multiple people can be chosen for this role. Send the email with the subject being "PM2 Main Theme."

As this is our first foray into the world of hiring musical talent, you will be working for peanuts…. possibly literally. However, you will get a free download code for the game once it is released and your name will be listed in the credits. If we make it big, I’ll be sure to send you extra peanuts.
By submitting your music, you are agreeing to let me use it in both the game and promotional material. A production timeline and full list of the music required will be given to those chosen.

The demo submission deadline will be August 31st, 2016 12pm PST. After that point, no more submissions will be accepted. Click here for the sound file.

Don't want your voice to be heard? Or maybe you're not much of a musician? (That's okay, I'm not either) But maybe you have an idea you've wanted to see in a game, but just couldn't get it in one. Then this is the opportunity for you!

To submit your idea, send it alexbodine@yahoo.com (or by any other means) where it will be evaluated and possibly chosen. The idea can be just about anything! Quests, characters, items! If what you send in can work, it will be added! Lots of people can be accepted for this role! Label the email with the idea that you are sending in, such as "New Quest" or "New Character."

Please refrain from submitting copyrighted content. Ideas based off of existing materials are fine, but they cannot outright come from the existing material. For example, you can't say "I want Link from The Legend of Zelda to find this item!" Such a request will not be accepted. Furthermore, sent in characters will not be added to the game's party full time. They will simply be an additional character to the game, who can join the party for a short while if need be, and will be given generic voice overs, unless you provide some of your own through the Voice Actors thread.

If your idea is used, your name will be listed in the credits and you will receive a discount code to use with your purchase of the game once it is released.

By submitting your idea, you are agreeing to let me use it in both the game and promotional material. You will be notified via email if your submission is accepted and used in the game. Please keep your ideas at an "E Rating" or below. No sexual content or half-naked/fully-naked characters and no vulgar language. You will be notified if an idea is unacceptable.

The deadline will be August 31st, 2016 12pm PST. After that point, no more submissions will be accepted.

cora__beta__by_powermaster64-da7j1y8.png
house__beta__by_powermaster64-da7j1yh.png
marvin__beta__by_powermaster64-da7j1yp.png
Any questions can be asked here or in my forums. :)

Back