What things do you regret doing on the wiki, forum, or etc.?

Striker Mario said:
Zuko said:
Striker Mario said:
Zuko said:
Zuko said:
Striker Mario said:
Zuko said:
I picked Trump, obviously. What I'm getting sick of is how some people seem to think that if you don't like Trump, you're automatically an SJW who thinks everything is racist and sexist.
Huh, I wonder what those people think of the 77% of Hispanics who hold an unfavorable opinion of him?
They're just butthurt losers who blow things out of proportion. After all, being called a rapist is nothing to get worked up about.
Enough said.
That's fine.

I always thought your post was a parody of your "some people", but you have got to make it more obvious.
What do you mean by my "some people"?
"is how some people seem to think that if you don't like Trump, you're automatically an SJW who thinks everything is racist and sexist."

i.e. these "some people" call you "an SJW who thinks everything is racist and sexist" because you're critical of Trump.

Your post seemed more like a parody of what these people would've said in response to those Hispanics I cited.
It was.

Yes, that's how I understood it, and I could of clarified it to some people, but I kind of regretted that I haven't stepped in earlier and let you felt as mortified of yourself like that.

my worst mistake was my terrible grammar and wording 3 years ago, so i've been pretty good

besides that incident in my chatroom with megamario15, if i actually participated. i think i just remember talking in pm and they did it while i was busy but ???? my memory is terrible. that's why i don't really count it lol

I regret all those times that I did my Peach/Toadstool swap, and the time where I slightly kinda harassed BLOF on the Wiki which led to my wiki permaban. I also regret dragging drama onto the wiki when I got my first forum ban and posting the videos that got me in trouble.

Joining.

Kidding, I am a person of many mistakes and regrets, but I haven't done anything significantly stupid on the forums to my knowledge. Except that I thought Mettaton was the best UT character. Everyone knows Papyrus is miles better.

Well, I think my largest regret would have to be making 4 stub articles. I pretty much wasted 2 hours making articles that could have been much better, had I known a bit more about the subjects. Within a few hours afterwards, they were labeled as new stubs, save for one of them which would have also likely qualified as a new stub.

Not going to grace the bs I regret with a description so I'll just say I regret a lot of things... Especially during 2012.

Let's just say I did a cringeworthy thing via PM's when I first registered here. However I deleted those PM's so I don't have to face it anymore. ;)

On the wiki, I regret not listening to others even when they were giving me tips or instructions. I suppose I was convinced that I knew what I was doing. I should have stopped after the first warning; that would have saved me some embarrassing edits, three warnings/reminders, and a 2-week block from the wiki.

My only real regret is that I didn't join the wiki earlier. I've lurked around, looking up information on how to complete a game when needed, since maybe 2008. Didn't register until 2014, though that's mainly because I didn't have much time to spend back then.

Alex95 said:
My only real regret is that I didn't join the wiki earlier. I've lurked around, looking up information on how to complete a game when needed, since maybe 2008. Didn't register until 2014, though that's mainly because I didn't have much time to spend back then.

I have the same feeling. I first came around this wiki in 2007 back when I was 10 and I wish I joined the wiki and the forum about a year or two later. I guess I didn't feel mature enough back then.

Alex95 said:

same

I joined basically as soon as I saw that a MarioWiki existed.

I got into plenty of arguments back then, and I regret not waiting a bit before joining.

One other thing I regret doing on the wiki: editing anonymously while my account was blocked. I don't know why I thought that would be okay, but it seemed fine to me at the time. Unfortunately, I earned myself a doubled block time for doing that. Ouch.

A few things mainly messaging inactive users as it made me look stupid. Also talking trash to a vandal while reverting it's edits. I also regret not joining with my current name and pretending to be someone else just to make myself look better... it really failed but I learned a valuable lesson upon all of these and I've been attempting to improve.

not being active enough in the community after a couple of years

acting like a total asshat and being a jerk to a whole lot of people here

not talking a lot with friends made from here

Zuko said:
The best example for me is a certain thing I posted last May. It was... really immature of me. There's probably also a goldmine of stupid things I posted on the wiki, too. (I remember once calling a mod an idiot for deleting a page I made.)

One time, I tried to do stuff with a quote (it was my first post) and it didn't quote it, the quoting stuff in the reply showed. It looked cluttered up and messy to me, but I ignored it and never really saw it again.

acting like a total smug jackass faux-tough guy for the first year or two i was here and annoying everyone.

also, if i'm going to announce a userpedia story or mafia game and make a big deal about sign-ups, i'd better follow through.

Back