Mario Party: Star Rush

Baby Luigi said:
I like boxarts that are a mess with characters than plain and boring ones. It makes the art far more interesting to look at and admire, and this box is no exception. Screw coherency.
Agreed. Even though I love Mario Kart Wii, the box-art really isn't that interesting to look at. It just looks dull to me.

The only real thing I don't like about the boxart is the bad shadows.

I'm not talking about the lack of them on certain characters like Daisy (hell, in reality, Daisy can lack a shadow when she's midair, try jumping in a sunset while standing on a box, the shadow will disappear underneath your feet), I'm talking about the shadow rendering effect. The lighting direction isn't on top of the characters, where the box indicates where the shadow is. It's near their faces. The shadow direction should reflect on that and take shape of the character rather than have the typical black circle underneath your characters feet.

But what the hell, at this point, I'm looking at a Mario Party gift horse in the mouth.

The game looks like an improvement now , but my complaint is really the same as Sports Superstars

Why the hell is this on 3DS???? We get it Nintendo , you don't like your own Wii U , but i still spent money on that so what are you doing...?

Coin Shuffle seems to be the ''Classic'' look alike mode.

And the other mode is the amiibo mode.

Nothing impressive , but news are news.

The game is designed with portability in mind. Thats why it's on the 3ds.

Full artwork is here.
MarioPartyStarRush-full_art.jpg

One thing: Daisy isn't floating in space anymore. Or jumping. Whatever.

Please, when you quote, don't quote the image too.

Looks like it was an error indeed.

Also

2 users in Smash Boards were very helpful and found this artwork , i guess it's a bit obvious , but i think it belongs to this game,

UHiJYuz.jpg
Fn0otPT.jpg
xqvblU8.jpg
OFGjgd4.jpg

Daisy is showing some teeth up there.

I love the Toadette one, really cute! <3

Meanwhile, the full roster was revealed:
3DS_MPSR_SCRN07_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Not many surprises that weren't already known, still good to see Diddy again in the rosters!

Mister Wu said:
Meanwhile, the full roster was revealed:
3DS_MPSR_SCRN07_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Not many surprises that weren't already known, still good to see Diddy again in the rosters!
I can't see that image.

This game still looks pretty meh. Might pass on this. The Mario Party: Star Rush Party guest thing is a cool idea though.

Ninelevendo said:
I can't see that image.
The roster is Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Toad, Toadette, Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Diddy.

Oh no, spike is gone, everybody loved him.

Mcmadness said:
Breaking the "at least one Mario enemy playable in a Mario Party game" tradition.

We got Spike in MP10. Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy and Kamek in MP9. Hammer Bro, Dry Bones, Boo and Blooper in MP8. etc

Hopefully I fixed the image (if not, please tell me!), anyway we effectively don't have enemies as playable characters any more, although it seems that the core roster of spin offs is now being established across games and fortunately Diddy is in (and Bowser Jr. too, at least when the "bad guys" are in too!)!

infinite8 said:
Mcmadness said:
Breaking the "at least one Mario enemy playable in a Mario Party game" tradition.

We got Spike in MP10. Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy and Kamek in MP9. Hammer Bro, Dry Bones, Boo and Blooper in MP8. etc

Donkey Kong used to be an enemy though. #KongsAreEnemies

Cory Baxter said:
Ninelevendo said:
I can't see that image.
The roster is Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Toad, Toadette, Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Diddy.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of thinking that Diddy Kong is NOT playable, because right now, he doesn't have the circle artwork that the other characters received.

MnSG said:
Cory Baxter said:
I don't know why, but I'm kind of thinking that Diddy Kong is NOT playable, because right now, he doesn't have the circle artwork that the other characters received.
0Au554S.png

"Steal Diver"

Huh, they're still making references to Steel Diver. Pretty funny

Back