Anybody else curious as to what the kids these days think of Mario?

ask him if he's from here

I don't really talk to him considering he sits on the other side of the classroom, and I usually stick with talking to my friends since art's the only class I share with them but I did see him on the computer looking at the wiki so it's possible

Marcia said:
I don't really like mario games as much anymore but for what it's worth there's a kid in my art class who's obsessed with mario but people often tease him about it. He always brings up random obscure trivia about games like Mario vs Wario
Oh man, why do I, an obsessive Mario nerd, suddenly want to talk to him? We can go on for hours on Mario. I know I can.

I don't know if you guys consider an early teen (not gonna specify my age) a child or not but I am one. I think my answer is obvious from the fact that I am on this website.

Well, how did you get into Mario?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Well, how did you get into Mario?

My mum found a functional Wii with Wii Sports and a Wii remote next to the trash (am not kidding.) I don't know how I ended up getting my first Mario game though.

What is your first Mario game, though?

I mean, back in 1999, all I remember was that we had an N64 and I played Smash Bros. to no end and played Mario Kart 64 occasionally.

LeftyGreenMario said:
What is your first Mario game, though?

I mean, back in 1999, all I remember was that we had an N64 and I played Smash Bros. to no end and played Mario Kart 64 occasionally.

I honestly don't remember.

Kaska said:
I don't know if you guys consider an early teen (not gonna specify my age) a child or not but I am one. I think my answer is obvious from the fact that I am on this website.

well, i'm 13 and i still like mario.

mettyton said:
Kaska said:

That's cool.

mettyton said:
Kaska said:

That's...not uncommon as you think it is. Adults like Mario a lot.

Baby Luigi said:
mettyton said:
Kaska said:

probably more then kids tbh

Well I'm thirteen and became a fan the weirdest way in existence
i watched a few smg4 videos
So i'm sitting on a russian site often(Multator, basically russian toonator), there's a lot of people, and here's this: out of a giant amout of people there's, like, let me count, six or so mario fans I've met. Ever. And one of them is only half of it. About opinions of others - mostly they just don't care.

Baby Luigi said:
mettyton said:
Kaska said:

Honestly the average age of people who like Mario is probably higher than one would assume since of all the adults who grew up with the series.

Well, the unrepresentative convenience sampling poll in MarioWiki says that most people that visit us are in their teens, which means they likely grew up with late Gamecube stuff and Wii stuff.

Oh, and I know a few kids from Steam and one of them really likes Mario and my Left 4 Dead 2 mods. He even tries giving his impression on Mario to me sometimes through chat. :) And I've seen Amazon reviews where grandparents and parents seeing their kids overjoyed when they received their Mario plush toy gifts. And I've seen kids in Mario-themed shirts. So, I think there are still kids getting into the Mario series.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Well, the unrepresentative convenience sampling poll in MarioWiki says that most people that visit us are in their teens, which means they likely grew up with late Gamecube stuff and Wii stuff.

I'm 18, and my big sister and me got a Gamecube back in 2003, when I was six. My sister is two years older than me.

my 12 y/o brother loves mario still
he has a some mario series amiibos and hats and shirts and stuff so hes pretty big on it
he likes most of the games i think but hes not the best at them. ive seen him play like, smb3, smw, sm64, etc. and like, he kept getting rotated at big boos haunt or some levels in the platformers

hes getting there though

Koops the koopa troopa said:
Mario & luigi superstar saga is dark enough you know.
Is this the what kids think of Mario board or the darkest Mario game board.

I doubt that there would be lots of teens liking Mario, mainly because they think its not mature enough. I mean, most people at my school that are my age are into ps4 and sony consoles, and honestly, I don't know how i still like Mario.

Think about the teens you AREN'T seeing, though. Many Mario fans keep it to themselves because they'd otherwise get picked on.

In college, though, I see a lot more openness, like I see a lot more Pokemon-related stuff in the art department.

Koops the koopa troopa said:
I doubt that there would be lots of teens liking Mario, mainly because they think its not mature enough. I mean, most people at my school that are my age are into ps4 and sony consoles, and honestly, I don't know how i still like Mario.
I'm Seventeen years old and i ADORE Mario!!!!!!! The whole teens only loving mature and violent video games thing is and has always been a stupid stereotype imposed by the media.
The PS4 is practically the console of this generation, (Like how the Xbox 360 was last gen.) so it makes sense for most people to have one. (I own both a Wii U and PS4 by the way.)
And the Mario series for all it's worth, is still a very fun series. with Catchy Music, Great design, Amazing Controls, and if you play the RPGs, Arguably some of the best dialogue in video game history.
Sure it's gotten a little bland over the years, but Mario is in the end of the day, a great franchise with fun games.

I integrate Mario and blood and violence, thus bringing the best of both worlds, in my games. :P

Back