Badposter rates every country flag

U
Best flag
800px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
It may have been the cause of many bad flags, but the flag itself is great and distinctive (thiugh the 1707-1801 version is better).
Honorable mentions: Ukraine (which I would have put if it weren't so undistinctive), Uruguay, Uzbekisan.
Worst flag
800px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png
It just looks ugly to me. I also don't like the crane.
Dishonorable mention: United Arab Emirates (not because it's a bad flag but because of its lack of disctinctiveness.
V
Best flag
800px-Flag_of_Vanuatu_%28official%29.svg.png
Between Vietnam's flag and this one, I picked the latter because I simply prefer how this flag looks like.
Honorable mention: Venezuela (civil flag only)
Worst flag
768px-Flag_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png
I may be going to Hell for this, but the cooat of arms is very complex, and I don't like complex coats of arms. Sorry, God (assuming you're Catholic).
There are either one or zero W countries (depending if yoyu count Western Sahara as a country and don't call it the Sahrawi Arab Democractic Republic), there are no X countries and Yemen is the only Y country.
Z
Best flag
800px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png
Choosing the best and worst Z flag was hard. I picked this one because I don't think it's bad and I like its unique design.
Worst flag
800px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png
I would have loved this if it didn't have the ugly chevron.
Now the only thing left do is updating and fixing mistakes.

It has come to my attention that Mauritania has changed its flag. Reviving this topic for one more post (at least until a flag change, or a new country is recognized by at least 10 UN members).
Flag of Mauritania
640px-Flag_of_Mauritania.svg.png

Ratio: 2:3 (normal)
Adopted: 15 August 2017
Part 1
Rule 1: A child could draw this from memory, since the added red stripes are easy to draw.
Rule 2: On 5 August 2017 a referendum took place in Mauritania. Two votes were held, one over constitutional issues and the other over whether Mauritania's national symbols should be changed. In the vote over nation symbols the choice to change them won with 85.67% with 53.72% turnout (at least officially), causing red stripes to be added to the top and bottom. The red stripes symbolize "the efforts and sacrifices that the people of Mauritania will keep consenting, to the price of their blood, to defend their territory". Of course, I've already written about the meaning of the rest of the flag here.
Rule 3: Though I don't hate the red stripes, I prefer the previous flag's colors. (As a side note, Jamaica is now the only country with a flag which has neither red, blue, or white).
Rule 4: The star and crescent is still pretty simple.
Rule 5: It's still distinctive.
Part 2
Obviously there's no need for me to put something here, given I've already written about both the French tricolor and the 1959-2017.
Part 3
I think the flag is better without the stripes, but it's still not a bad flag with them.

Back