18px-Triforce.png
THE 'SHROOM'S ZELD[glow=blue,2,300]Á[/glow]MON SUPER MARIO MAKER CHALLENGE
18px-SugimoriPokeBall.png
linka_walk_west.gif
001.gif
Charmander.gif
007.gif
EpvQBsV.gif

What do you get when you combine Pokémon, Zelda and Mario? nothing, don't give Nintendo any ideas The third annual Super Mario Maker contest hosted by The 'Shroom! We're hosting this contest to accompany our Zeldámon Issue (Issue 107), which is simultaneously celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series and the 20th anniversary of the Pokémon series! If you've got a copy of Super Mario Maker, a creative mind, a healthy (or unhealthy) knowledge of Zelda and Pokémon, and are still certifiably insane enough to join contests on a Mario forum, then this contest is for you.

Anyone who wants to participate can sign-up by posting a bolded message in this thread. You don't have to submit a level when you sign up, but you MUST provide your submission before the deadline, after which any sign-ups without submissions will be disqualified. Sign ups and submissions will be received right up until the deadline, and there will be plenty of warnings given beforehand

Be sure to read the rules thoroughly before signing up!

Rules:
  • Entrants must create and submit a unique Super Mario Maker course that expresses the theme of the challenge. Courses will be judged on creativity, level design and relevance to the theme.
  • This challenge's theme is Zeldámon, as in, you can choose to theme your course around any aspect of the Pokémon series, Zelda series, or BOTH if you're feeling daring enough (or neither, but you certainly won't win if you do that). You can use whatever items and styles you like to express this theme. For convenience, a list of Zelda and Pokémon Mystery Mario costumes and their unlock requirements have been provided a little further down, but using them is NOT NECESSARY.
  • The deadline for all submissions is the 13th of March, 2016.
  • A submission consists of: your Marioboards username, your course name and its course ID. This is to ensure we can access your level for judging, and gives us enough info to write about your level in the event that you win. A preview image—which can be obtained by posting the level to Miiverse—is optional, but much appreciated.
  • You only receive ONE entry, but you may change and improve your entry right until the deadline if you wish. Remember to update the Course ID in your submission if you alter/reupload your course, and be sure not to delete your course before the results of the contest have been announced! If your Course ID doesn't work when we go to judge it, your submission will be disqualified.
  • There will be a First Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize. As this contest is hosted by The 'Shroom, 'Shroom Tokens will be distributed to the winners. First place will receive 10 'Shroom Tokens, second place will receive 6 'Shroom Tokens, third place will receive 4 'Shroom Tokens, and all participants will receive 2 'Shroom Tokens by providing a valid submission.
  • Plagiarism, cheating and any other behaviour deemed unacceptable in any part of the community (Forums, IRC, Wiki, etc.) may result in your submission being disqualified and you being banned from future contests hosted by The 'Shroom.

List of costumes:
Link - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Easy
Zelda - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Expert
Ganondorf - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Easy
Sheik - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Tingle - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Toon Link - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Totem Link - Clear the Tri Force Heroes Event Course
Pikachu - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Charizard - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Jigglypuff - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Mewtwo - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Normal
Lucario - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Expert
Greninja - Clear 100 Mario Challenge on Expert
Bulbasaur - Clear the I Choose You! Event Course while wearing the Bulbasaur costume
Charmander - Clear the I Choose You! Event Course while wearing the Charmander costume
Squirtle - Clear the I Choose You! Event Course while wearing the Squirtle costume

alternatively, you can scan an amiibo of any of the characters above (minus the Totem Link and Kanto starter Pokémon) to unlock their costume immediately. there is no guarantee you will receive the costume you want from clearing 100 Mario Challenge, but each of the difficulties given indicate which level of the mode you can receive it from.

These contests will be regularly hosted every two issues until the end of the year, so be sure to join 'em all!

If your name is in limegreen, then I have received a valid submission from you and the last Course ID you've provided will be judged once the deadline is reached. Sign-ups are endless, so what are you waiting for?

Sign-ups
  • fantanoice (Asgore)
  • Freakworld (horses tbh)
  • Lakituthequick
  • Cirdec
  • The Golden Yoshi
  • The Pyro Guy

Once again this will be posted in the Marioverse board and later moved to the 'Shroom Board once the contest is over. ALSO TO ANYONE WAITING FOR THE RESULTS OF THE DONKEY KONG MARIO MAKER CONTEST, don't worry, it's taken me ages to format them and they will be posted very soon.

Lets do this.

REMINDER that the deadline for courses is the 13th of march and the new update (which includes Keys) is out on the 9th!

COURSES ARE DUE IN TWO DAYS TIME! IF I'VE RECEIVED YOUR COURSE THEN YOUR NAME WILL BE IN GREEN

I WILL SEND A PM TO ALL PARTICIPANTS SOON

MORE CAPITAL LETTERS

oh

uh

dropping out sorry

i forgot that this was a thing theres no way ill get something done in 2 days lol. very sorry, guess ill think more before signing up the next time.

Back