Mario Tennis Ultra Smash DLC Characters

''Metal Mario, H. Queen, and Lakitu were great choices.''

Said no one ever.

2 of them were never seen online while the other was just used because people are stat whores.

Turning tables , in MK8 people barely use MM anymore , i wonder why...

Terrible character choices , ironically , out of those 3 , the most unique got ditched and the lame Koopa and Metallic ass reskin are in MK8.

Classic Nintendo .

I'm sorry, how is Lakitu just a lame Koopa?

He was the toughest enemy in the original Mario besides Bowser himself. He filmed Mario's adventure Mario 64. And he starts every race in Mario Kart. Every goddamn race. And without him, all the racers would be dead from falling off the Rainbow Road. With all the hard work he does, the least they can do is make playable in at least this one series.

And yeah, I like Honey Queen and Metal Mario too. Why the hell can't I?

Nobody says you cannot like them though...?

If some people like terrible characters , that's their problem.

i still know a few that like PGP and Baby Rosalina , so anyway.

Baby Luigi is a terrible character and I love him <3

Swiftie_Luma said:
''Metal Mario, H. Queen, and Lakitu were great choices.''

Said no one ever.
Your point being?

Swiftie_Luma said:
If some people like terrible characters , that's their problem.
"Stop liking what I don't like"

Magikrazy said:
And yeah, I like Honey Queen and Metal Mario too. Why the hell can't I?
Swiftie_Luma said:
Nobody says you cannot like them though...?
You didn't have to inject a this pretty sour remark of "said no one ever".

So basically people get sensitive because they know they like terrible characters , and doesn't like when others call them what they are , terrible.

It's fair.

I mean there are people that actually liked Mario Is Missing , Mario Party 9 , Crocs with socks etc... so it's not new to me.

That's your problem if you like terrible stuff , not helping it .

Swiftie_Luma said:
So basically people get sensitive because they know they like terrible characters , and doesn't like when others call them what they are , terrible.

It's fair.

I mean there are people that actually liked Mario Is Missing , Mario Party 9 , Crocs with socks etc... so it's not new to me.

You must be real fun at parties.

Mcmadness said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

It's fair.

You must be real fun at parties.

How did you know? ;D

I like to see Paratroopa or Hammer Bro to be as a DLC character. You should put a price in the Nintendo Eshop the characters will cost $7.99. Hammer Bro will have Hammer Racket and Paratroopa only have a winged racket.

8 bucks is too much for a Mario Tennis character, IMO.

The sad part is that , there's not even a chance for a WTF character as this game is basically done.

As a graphic design student i feel insulted by the terrible screen layout and the the awful artwork reuse that don't even blend within themselves.

I was more shocked to see Daisy's 2011 artwork next to Rosalina's 2008 artwork next to Peach's 2007 artwork.

That was so cringy for me and proof that the game it's almost a demo on sale.

I just dislike stock artwork from 2003 in general. Which is why I was a bit miffed to see it being used everywhere in Puzzle & Dragons.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The sad part is that , there's not even a chance for a WTF character as this game is basically done.

As a graphic design student i feel insulted by the terrible screen layout and the the awful artwork reuse that don't even blend within themselves.

I was more shocked to see Daisy's 2011 artwork next to Rosalina's 2008 artwork next to Peach's 2007 artwork.

Well at least the rest of the budget is blown on the beautiful cover art

Swiftie_Luma said:

Striker Mario said:
I just dislike stock artwork from 2003 in general. Which is why I was a bit miffed to see it being used everywhere in Puzzle & Dragons.
While your points are correct (and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games too reuses artwork, even the most famous/reused artwork ever: Bowser Jr. Super Mario Galaxy artwork), I must say that Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is also one of the few games to use the new 3D artwork models introduced in Mario Kart 8, apparently with new lighting too:
Mario_%28Jumping%29_-_MTUS.png

Finally proper clothes and shoes!

Yoshi_-_Mario_Tennis_Ultra_Smash.png

Yay for detailed shoes (the junction of the legs with the rest of the body is still troublesome, though)!

Bowser_Jr._-_MTUS.png

The scales of Jr. are peculiar if you make a comparison with MK8 Koopalings artwork, but still the model is much more detailed, and the cuffs are great!

The other sad part is that those artworks where literally useless aside from the ones used for the cover and disk for the game.

They are no where to be found in- game , which makes no sense , specially for Peach and company who had different outfits for that game ; And not only that , they portray Peach with loose hair yet she has her hair in a ponytail.

i understand M&S reusing artwork because there's a loooot of characters , and even so many got a new artwork ; But Ultra Smash? having a roster even smaller than Power Tennis and not even using the artworks they had in-game at all?

Reusin icons from Mario Golf World Tour and Voices from MK8?

Come on...

This game still feels like a demo on sale if we go by that , and also by the lack of content , which is another story.

Ultra Smash is a game that shouldn't have been rushed. It should have stayed longer in development. This is the worst sports game ever made, even worse than EAs yearly Madden and FIFA garbage among other of their crappy rushed products.

Alucard and Zero said:
This is the worst sports game ever made

That's a huge stretch

you watched avgn so you should know that's not even true at all

Baby Luigi said:
Alucard and Zero said:
This is the worst sports game ever made

That's a huge stretch

you watched avgn so you should know that's not even true at all

I have seen him review Winter Games.

But let me say that if the AVGN were to review this game, he would say "THIS GAME SUCKS" like he did in his infamous Castlevania II: Simon's Quest review. BTW Simon's Quest is an alright game, AVGN was just over exaggerating about the game.

The only problem with this game is the abysimal lack of content, not the gameplay. It's far from being the worst sports title.

Well it technically is the worst modern Mario Tennis since all the modern games have the same kind of basic gameplay since 64.

The difference would be the animations , characters not running like they are Yoshi ; then again nothing has really changed from PT to US.

The only real difference it's that , just like MK8 , Mario Tennis US introduces a lame gimmick that gets old in a heartbeat.

I also like how ''lack of content'' is made sound like such a small thing ; True of the matter is that it's what can hurt a game the most , just like it did with this one , making it seem like it's a demo on release.

For new courts I want to see Blooper Bay as a Gimmick court. Has anybody played this court? How is it ;D

If you're talking about that Blooper Court in Mario Power Tennis, I hated it.

Back