RIP David Bowie

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
English singer and actor, David Bowie has died from cancer at age 69. He died only two days after his birthday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

I didn't really listen much to his music, but his influence is undeniable.

WHAT THE FUCK

holy shit, his birthday was just a few days ago, he was still releasing music, i really can't believe this, oh my god

Massive shock, barely even knew he was ill. Such a fantastic singer, and a fantastic influence on thousands of people.

Rest in peace, David Bowie, planet earth is blue, and there's nothing we can do. :'(

awful news, didn't see this coming at all...

amazing how he managed to continue releasing new stuff right from the 60s until, like, literally the end of his life.

RIP :(

I'm not even sure what to say. David Bowie's music has been so formative to me, I'm just so glad that he was able to share his art with us until the last possible moment. I had almost convinced myself he was unable to die, being an alien or something. All I can say is rest in peace, I guess. I really don't feel like doing anything for the rest of the day.

Also, for added waterworks, listen to Lazarus from the album released days before his death.

"Hey man look up there, I'm in heaven."

I was stunned when I heard the news. Legendary musician. Rest in peace, Bowie.

I don't really know much songs from him, but you can't argue that he had a big impact on pop culture. Rest in peace, David.

So sad! RIP David Bowie / Ziggy Stardust / Major Tom / Jareth / too many other characters and songs and influences on pop culture to name - you will be remembered forever.

there was some really good song from David Bowie that I can't remember iirc

now I have to listen to it remembering that he's dead

and no it isn't Let's Dance, but that was good too

in other words, rip David Bowie

This really sucks. I know only around a very few of his songs (I love Changes) but man, f---king cancer.

I'm so upset. Cancer is a bitch.

He did release a new album last week for his birthday so it's cool that he continued doing what he loved right up until his passing.

I think my favourite song of his is Space Oddity but there's a bunch more I like too.

Fox Mulder said:
Also, for added waterworks, listen to Lazarus from the album released days before his death.

"Hey man look up there, I'm in heaven."
damn, just, the whole thing is like a goodbye

"I've got scars that can't be seen"

"Look up here, man, I'm in danger
I've got nothing left to lose
I'm so high it makes my brain whirl"

"You know, I'll be free
Just like that bluebird
Now ain't that just like me
Oh I'll be free"

And from Dollar Days, Bowie keeps repeating "I'm dying too".

:'(

Hobbes said:
And from Dollar Days, Bowie keeps repeating "I'm dying too".

:'(

"If I never see the English evergreens I'm running to
It's nothing to me
It's nothing to see"

the world is a lot worse off a place without Bowie.

If you haven't heard his music beyond Space Oddity and Changes and Let's Dance etc., do yourself a favor and take a look sometime.

My local radio station plays Let's Dance and Fame on a regular basis as well as his hit with Queen Under Pressure.

I love all those songs and a handful of others I've heard from him.

Pouring one out for Major Tom.

Sigh... I was surprised as any of you to hear his passing. It feels like the mark of an end of an era. Cancer... sigh.

I know what it feels like when someone dies of cancer

btw the song I was thinking of was "Modern Love"

Back