HwPam (cancelled and restarted in other thread)

Re: How the wiki was probably actually created. Sign ups closed, cameos available!

Most of the text is actually Walkazo's words, so credit to her.
Well, only like a third is verbatim.

The evil roomate lines makes me think of Scott Pilgrim for some reason. The magic sword might also be part of that.

Re: How the wiki was probably actually created. Sign ups closed, cameos available!

wow my handwriting is bad.

good so is mine

yaaaay.

I may edit chpt. 2 sometime to add more exposition.

I like how he's literally a ghost of the original account.

oh i'm not on the signup list
i signed up for part 2

After loads of school stuff, I'm back and ready to do more. I can probably do specific requests for the plot, so feel free to ask. sorry for inactivity, I'll be making chapters hopefully at least once a week, minimum.

Quick update, next chapter should be released sometime tomorrow! Hopefully... I should get some time to finish the panels during this weekend. I've also got a list of references written down, all the way to speech bubbles now being the same colour as the New Message template.

Also Pirate Goomba is very important in part 2. VERY important...

Chapter 3's done. I'll post the images here;
ISSneIf.png

QbXRsbw.png

9sZZJST.png

Might I suggest capitalizing every word but the in the title?

That's not necessary: "Sentence case" is used all the time - generally for magazines, journals and newspapers, granted, but I've seen it used in other situations too, including I heard you have a dragon problem? on Userpedia, so w/e, it's fine if he wants to do it that way.

Regarding chapter 3, the first page is kinda unclear (it took me a while to figure out it was even a Nike ad), and Porple's dialogue was blue instead of dark green in the middle page, but I liked the little slice of SoS funding history, and lol @ the Willy on Wheels rollback bit.

Walkazo said:
That's not necessary: "Sentence case" is used all the time - generally for magazines, journals and newspapers, granted, but I've seen it used in other situations too, including I heard you have a dragon problem? on Userpedia, so w/e, it's fine if he wants to do it that way.

Regarding chapter 3, the first page is kinda unclear (it took me a while to figure out it was even a Nike ad), and Porple's dialogue was blue instead of dark green in the middle page, but I liked the little slice of SoS funding history, and lol @ the Willy on Wheels rollback bit.
Yeah the first page was done late at night and I had no idea how to warp a picture of an advert to make it look like it was bending, so I hand drew it. I fixed the text colour issue on UP, but not here.

Do any of you have a drawing pad? If so, does it help that much, or will a mousepad do?

It's a start. I can try to get the others out within a couple days. Sorry for being behind schedule.

looks neat

is it too late for me to sign up for a cameo?

Okay this is going nowhere.

I think what makes me reluctant to make more is the art style being really uncomfortable and cramped. A format with an easier set up would be better than the comic strip thing I'm trying for now.

I'm not abandoning this; I still enjoy the concept and still have a general plot planned out for part two. However, my lack of organization from the beginning led to the current style feeling like a chore.

So I'm splitting this into two series; MarioWiki: Stories and MarioWiki: Saga. Both are a revamp of parts one and two, but with part one being a short main plot about the wiki creation. Users who request to be in part one will also receive their own chapter (eg TPG's story or Viper26's story) focusing on their, well, stories. Saga will be an expanded story with a fictional "what if?" plot about MediaWiki receiving an "immersion pack" for Oculus Rift or something. I won't spoil it too much.

All sign ups will be transferred to a new thread (even Puddin and Turboo).

And holy *bleep* does the title suck or what it's not even ironically bad DX

See ya in the revamp.

Back