Top 5 - 10 - 20 Mario Disappointments.

Pretty sure they've been always like that, especially how overprotective of their property they can be.

We're supposed to have a freaking Mario Archie Comics (as well as Kirby and Metroid) but nope, they're dead.

Every time I bring this up, I get so depressed.

P.S. Add that to one of the Top 5 - 10 Mario disappointments. This one pretty much is in my Top 5.

just imagine wario and yoshi tied to anchors being thrown off a boat. that'll cheer you up.

E: that is, unless you like Wario or Yoshi

That sounds great

Oh, and one more thing that'll taint your image of Nintendo: racism! It's probably one of the reasons we're getting a cancer of Mayro vs. Kondey Kong games. So yeah, make that another Mario-related disappointment if y'all don't like Mayro vs. Kondey Kong.

I'm even more depressed.

Dr. Mario said:
Mary Berry said:
Dr. Mario said:
-Not exactly sure what their attitude is toward Mario but hating Mario's fans is a thing.

-it is?
Let's Play/reviews Youtube revenue (including the shitty content program or something), taking down video content pertaining to modded games to "promote" Super Mario Maker, suspected handling of Project M, taking down fan projects such as Super Mario 64 HD, (previously) handling of the amiibo, general copyright asshattery, etc.

Given, they're not as bad as other companies, but that's probably the nicest thing I can say to them

That's when Nintendo are starting to be dicks to their fans. This is why Angry Joe and Pewdiepie got pissed off. What's up with Nintendo's mind? They even took down SMBX.

The fact Nintendo seems to have abandoned the Wario land series.

That and Wario world never got a sequel.

-No Waluigi games
-The original Mario & Sonic game on Wii
-No Non-Linear Mario games since Sunshine (I do consider the Galaxy linear)
-The minigames in Tennis Open
-No 2 Vs 2 mingames in Party 9

Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:
Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels

This game is nothing more than just a rehash of the original Super Mario Bros. It is a carbon copy, it has far less originality in it. It has brought some differences in Mario and Luigi. It's basically SMB1 with a harder difficulty and challenge.
I disagree with this so much and it bugs me when people only see it as a series of unfair, challenging platforming levels when it is so much more. The game plays off tropes and expectations set from one game and then turns them upside down.

Examples:
Expectation: Leaping over a pit and falling like a normal jump. Actuality: End up caught in wind.
Expectation: Normal-sized fire bar in Bowser's Castle. Actuality: Fire bar that's twice the size which traps you, killing instantly (also, iirc it faces right when you first load the screen so it looks like the regular one until it is too late).
Expectation: The world exit to be at the end of the right-hand side of the level. Actuality: Exit is in the clouds which you can only reach from a beanstalk.
Expectation: One Bowser in the Bowser's Casle. Actuality: Two Bowsers.

There's so much innovation in the game and its crazy how they were able to do it after only one title.

Biggest disappointment for me was Super Mario 3D Land because it threw away everything that made Super Mario 64 is a God among video games and replaced it with what seems like every rejected, broken idea they had for Super Mario 64.

Here is another disappointment:

Laziness and monotony.

Sometimes Mario games do tend to be lazy and monotonous and lack of creativity.

honestly boss battles in any mario game that isnt a rpg, and even thats questionable.

Like seriously why do all the boss battles feel so half-assed?

Mario is probably primarily a platformer series, not a combat series, is my explanation.

But I don't think it's an excuse. you can mix in clever platforming moments into bosses.

I liked a few Mario bosses. SMW's final boss, Wario in SML2, Bowser jr in galaxy and Galaxy 2, Bouldergeist

not amazing but they were alright.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario is probably primarily a platformer series, not a combat series, is my explanation.

But I don't think it's an excuse. you can mix in clever platforming moments into bosses.

well jak 2 had some good bosses as well as there are some challenging sonic bosses, so yeah i dont think thats an excuse, i mean i still like the mario series, but the boss battles are something to be desired.

Mcmadness said:
I liked a few Mario bosses. SMW's final boss, Wario in SML2, Bowser jr in galaxy and Galaxy 2, Bouldergeist

not amazing but they were alright.

The bosses in the Galaxy games are usually some of the best ones.

Sunshine's were definitely the greatest.

Remember when you brushed a hermaphrodite eel's teeth? Or when you tipped over a giant hot tub? Or when you threw fruit at a ghost with a slot machine?

Good times. :P

As of recent I think Paper Mario Color Splash might be a disappointment to many people.

I think Color Splash may be decent though as long as it doesn't turn out to be as bad as Sticker Star was.

not exactly a disappointment but more a frustration; 100 mario challenge.

easy; levels are handed to you on a silver platter
normal; same as easy but twice as long
expert; lots of cheap shit everywhere
super expert; sadism

why can't there just be like a hard or something in between normal and expert? the difficulty jump is way too much

Easy and Normal are basically the dumpster of enemy/Soundfrog/block spam. Yuck.

why are you even required to play other people's crap to unlock content

Baby Luigi said:
Charley Dietz said:
Gourmet Guy said:

expert; lots of cheap *bleep* everywhere
super expert; sadism

why can't there just be like a hard or something in between normal and expert? the difficulty jump is way too much
Because of frigs and n00bs creating levels. It's worse than DK3.

1. Frignoob Levels of SMM
2. Donkey Kong 3
3. Mario's Bombs Away

i'm speaking from "the developers are idiots" perspective

why do the developers force you to play through random crap to unlock content

Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:
Baby Luigi said:
Charley Dietz said:
Gourmet Guy said:

expert; lots of cheap *bleep* everywhere
super expert; sadism

Because of frigs and n00bs creating levels. It's worse than DK3.

1. Frignoob Levels of SMM
2. Donkey Kong 3
3. Mario's Bombs Away
i'm speaking from "the developers are idiots" perspective

why do the developers force you to play through random crap to unlock content
Nintendo wants everyone to feel welcome.

Or they want to force the idea of content creation down your throat.

Baby Luigi said:
Because of Super Mario Maker's secret purpose.
To show how much better the levels in the NSMB games are with respect to user-generated levels so that people stop complaining about the series.

Back