LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current: FF6 Homemade "Mystery")

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current[?]: FF5 Knight solo)

9CAXADW.png
VurKqNy.png

Back to the classics it is. I grinded for Elixirs until I had almost 30, if you wonder. I also needed to refresh the Magic Lamp and set it to Odin, so that was only one trip outside the Void.
The last stand. Exdeath has a few tricks up his sleeve, but so do I. Bone Mail is not used here due to inherent Holy weakness and it makes Elixirs unusable. I need quick heals, so whacking myself won't do. Running Shoes' inherent Haste is also necessary for two main reasons: to triple turn tree Exdeath and to keep up with Neo Exdeath. Odin is used since the back part of Neo Exdeath is not immune to True Edge(although the other ones are). I don't feel like dealing with spells that can deal more damage than Almagest, mind you. I eliminate the Grand Cross part afterwards due to the massive amount of ways that could screw me over. I still have to take a few but am lucky and take them all with no problem. I could have gotten Zombie'd or Condemned. Then I carefully whack the part that hits physically and the part that casts Almagest until both parts finally have so little HP a Syldra summon kills them both at the same time. If I had left either alone, it would have started casting Meteo and that's not good.
fSl617A.png
om3Jxx2.png

So it's over. Thanks for those who cared and, well, we'll see what happens next.

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current[it's done]: FF5 Knight solo)

congratulations

are you open for suggestions?

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current[it's done]: FF5 Knight solo)

well i dont so you might as well go ahead lol

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current[I guess]: Pokemon FR No Evos)

Here: Pokémon Fire Red No Evolutions
Next: Final Fantasy VI Homemade Challenge

I will play through Fire Red and beat all that I can without evolving any Pokemon.
-I cannot let my Pokemon evolve.
-I cannot catch already evolved Pokemon.
-I will limit myself out of using Pokemon that don't evolve due to their stats.
-I will also limit myself out of Pokemon like Chansey and Scyther that do have evos but have always had stats on par with fully evolved Pokemon since originally they didn't evolve.
-If I need evolutions to get 60 species on the Pokedex, I will temporally lift the rules so that I can get them, but I will not use any evolved Pokemon on my team.

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current[I guess]: Pokemon FR No Evos)

Remember the part where I said this was going to be entirely a video series? Well that's wrong now.

KDvjj5Y.png
NyfeSdz.png

Location and team.
S3ZE6ZM.png
rKCE754.png
258tpnI.png
SMk4wFc.png
rjmzNDA.png

Dex completion.

Basically:
-Got to Route 3 on the area before Mt. Moon.
-Caught a Pidgey.
-Caught a Rattata.
-Caught a Mankey.
-Caught a Spearow(which I'll actually be using).
-Caught a Mankey.
-Caught a Nidoran Male(don't feel like trying my luck with 1% Nidoran Female).
-Bought the Magikarp.

-Caught Venonat
-Caught Ditto
-Beat Koga

The bulk of that part is the lots of trainers in the Silence Bridge road to Fuchsia but can you blame me for taking that road when I don't want to grind much?

-Caught a Rhyhorn
-Got Surf
-Got Strength
-Caught Tangela
-Caught Tentacool
-Revived Omanyte(likely will use)
-Revived Aerodactyl
-Caught Koffing(will use)
-Got the Good Rod
-Caught Goldeen
-Caught Poliwag
-Caught Krabby
-Caught Shellder
-Caught Magnemite(will use, probably)
-Caught Seel

Rest in peace, Walkaza. You will be dearly missed.
Offscreen catches:
-Dratini
-Porygon
-Scyther
-Exeggcute
-Kangaskhan
-Tauros
-Chansey
Stuff done onscreen:
-Beat Tails for the fifth time
-Got Lapras
-Beat Giovanni a second time
-Beat Sabrina

This part took quite a bit of resets until I got a decently short catch run except for Moltres who I just reset until I got any catch at all.
-Caught Articuno
-Caught Zapdos
-Caught Moltres

If you weren't satisfied by WhyPFRNEFallshort.docx, I made an entire paste documenting every catch, the spots where you can get them(not everyone has an optimal spot but a bunch do), and the LeafGreen alternate exclusives. http://pastebin.com/U6wcK5nc

Ok, so before we start, I run into this:

1Dc2Ofb.png
Look, I literally don't care about copyright in and of itself. After all, I have been showing Nintendo/Game Freak's content without their permission or something. What bothers me is that this is literally the first part with a claim. It's a soundtrack claim for the champion battle theme. Except that the track also played on the E4 Round 1 video. I don't get it.
Edit: Turns out that there's also a claim on 1337 Round 1. So there's that.
-Beat Lorelei's rematch team
-Beat Bruno's rematch team
-Beat Agatha's rematch team
-Beat Lance's rematch team
-Beat Tails for the eight and final time(final battle)

Pretty tense. It was also rather refreshing to play Fire Red again in a way that feels completely different. I have a challenge in mind(non-Pokemon btw) which I think could be very interesting. You'll see.

Re: LN1 does it: Stupid challenge playthroughs(Current: FF6 Homemade Mystery)

okay finally something i can contribute on without spoilers for myself

Back