Donkey Kong Country or Mario vs Donkey Kong

Which series do you prefer?

• Donkey Kong Country

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Note, Mario vs Donkey Kong also includes the original arcade games and the gameboy game. You can include the mini mario focused games if you'd like but I am primarily thinking about the ones where you control Mario himself.

I'm going to be on the unpopular side, but I chose Mario vs. Donkey Kong purely out of personal preference. Call me irrational, but I can't stand playing as Donkey Kong for any part of some Donkey Kong Country games. I could play Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, but even then, nothing beats playing as Mario to kick the crap out of Donkey Kong.

Pi said:
Donkey Kong Country is a series of platforming games whilst Mario vs Donkey Kong is a series of puzzle games, so they are incomparable.

It's more of a ''which do you prefer'' question.

Dr. Mario said:
I'm going to be on the unpopular side, but I chose Mario vs. Donkey Kong purely out of personal preference. Call me irrational, but I can't stand playing as Donkey Kong for any part of some Donkey Kong Country games. I could play Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, but even then, nothing beats playing as Mario to kick the crap out of Donkey Kong.

I will never understand why you hate DK so much.

Mcmadness said:
Pi said:
Donkey Kong Country is a series of platforming games whilst Mario vs Donkey Kong is a series of puzzle games, so they are incomparable.
It's more of a ''which do you prefer'' question.
For an individual to prefer option A over option B, there has to be a comparison done. If option A is more preferable relative to B, then that means that A, compared to B, is better. On the other hand, if option B is more preferable relative to A, then that means that B, compared to A, is better. Since there is an implied comparison embedded into the question, understanding that a valid comparison between choices can be made is of utmost importance here. Therefore this question has no merit and is equivalent to making a thread in the Video Games board about a general topic, in this case a question of which genre is more preferable to play. Of course, platformers and puzzle games are pretty distanced in what is actually tasked of the player in general, meaning that the thread would go nowhere.

Just like that Best Game Ever poll in GameFAQs!

They really need to stop making those polls, or at least stop having misleading names.

Pi said:
Even if it is apples vs. oranges comparison, you can still say which fruit you prefer. Me, I like apples more than I like oranges.

I don't like that comparison anyhow, and I like to use "bananas vs. roses".

Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:

I will never understand why you hate DK so much.
I don't like his design and personality. I can't sum it up in words. I think it stemmed from a childhood pleasure of massacring Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros..

But all he does is sit around and eat bananas! How could you hate that?

Mcmadness said:
But all he does is sit around and eat bananas! How could you hate that?
That's one reason I hate him. Another reason... just look at him. Ugh.

*looks at DK*

What exactly is the problem here?

Also, since when is saving your food supply and your relatives from a band of thieving lizards/tikis/penguins and walruses the same thing as sitting around stuffing your face, hmmm? :dk:

Dr. Mario said:
That's one reason I hate him. Another reason... just look at him. Ugh.

He looks fine!

looks okay to me

not very creative mind you but, ive seen far uglier.

He's not exactly hideous, but I don't like his hair style thing whatever that is on his head. He's already dumb-looking, but I guess the tie and that thing perfectly compliments him. And then you have his gum-exposing shit-eating grin. And his voice... yeah, the complete picture is that he's a dunderhead. He's asking to be mocked.

thats pretty much the point

i mean it seems like everything makes him out to be the worlds biggest dipshit

So I guess that's a natural reaction to something like him. He's comic relief after all.

He may look dumb, but at least he doesn't look as terrible as he did in the cartoon.

God that animation was awful.

Oh, god, that cartoon. 3D animation during that time did NOT age well.

Dr. Mario said:
idk man i still love the look of beast wars

Don't get me wrong, Beast Wars is loved around the Transformers community, but I saw its visuals, and yeah... didn't age well either. I might've liked it too but I was a girl, so yeah.

Dr. Mario said:
Reboot still looks fine today, and that was the first CGI cartoon.

DKC has aged worse than "Money for Nothing".

That Reboot looks better than the Donkey Kong Country cartoon makes the DK cartoon look even worse by comparison, lol.

Back