France's currently under serious stuff.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje/status/665285613961244673

Man damn my condolences to the 60-or so people who died in the bombings. This IS highly tragic. Here's to hope that they'll catch the masterminds behind these heinous attacks.

My mom also brought it up to me... is there any connection to the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier this year?

[quote author=bbc news]France has declared a national state of emergency and has closed its borders after at least 40 people were killed in multiple shootings in Paris. [/quote]

Wow...

By the way news links would be greatly appreciated for the purpose to inform the people here. That and because all google shows me are news that are in spanish.

Dr. Mario said:
My mom also brought it up to me... is there any connection to the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier this year?
Well there were 6 separate or so bombings.

BBC news: Paris attacks: Dozens dead and hostages held at Bataclan

France has declared a national state of emergency and has closed its borders after at least 40 people were killed in multiple shootings in Paris.

At least 15 people have been killed near the Bataclan arts centre, where up to 60 people are reportedly being held hostage, French media say.

Three people were killed in an attack at the Stade de France, with some reports suggesting a suicide blast.

Paris authorities have asked people to stay indoors.

Military personnel are being deployed across Paris.

The deadliest attack appears to have targeted the Bataclan concert hall. The BBC's Hugh Schofield says scores of ambulances have arrived at the scene, suggesting many victims inside.

Other attacks hit Le Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district where a BBC reporter could see 10 people lying on the road, either dead or seriously injured.

Another hit Le Carillon bar not too far away.

Three explosions were reported outside a bar near the Stade de France.

An eyewitness told Liberation he had heard more than 100 rounds being fired at a cafe in rue de Charonne.

There are reports of up to six gunmen involved.

nytimes: Multiple Attacks Hit Paris Area in Night of Deadly Terror

PARIS — A shooting rampage, explosions and mass hostage taking convulsed the Paris area on Friday night in what appeared to be one of the deadliest coordinated terrorist attacks to ever strike France.

French television and news services quoted the police as saying at least 60 people had been killed and many dozens wounded in at least four attacks, far eclipsing the deaths and mayhem that roiled Paris in the Charlie Hebdo massacre and related assaults around the French capital less than a year ago.

There was no claim of responsibility, but Twitter erupted with celebratory messages by members and sympathizers of the Islamic State, the extremist group based in Syria and Iraq that is under assault by major powers including the United States, France and Russia.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

French television reported that one of at least two explosions had struck near Paris at the country’s main sports stadium, forcing the hasty evacuation of President François Hollande. The explosion occurred during a France-Germany soccer match.

Mr. Hollande quickly convened an emergency cabinet meeting.

The main shooting appeared to have broken out at a popular concert hall, The Bataclan, where the American band the Eagles of Death Metal was playing, and French news services said as many as 100 hostages may have been taken there.

A witness quoted by BFM television said he heard rounds of automatic rifle fire and someone shouting “Allahu akbar!” at The Bataclan.

The police were ordering bystanders in the that area to get off the streets, French television reported.

French news media reported that Kalashnikov rifles had been involved in the shootings — a favored weapon of militants who have attacked targets in France — and that many rounds had been fired.

The shootings occurred near the former headquarters of Charlie Hebdo, the satirical newspaper where shootings by Islamic militants traumatized France in January.

Police sirens sounded throughout central Paris on Friday night.

That's terrible. I hope the best for the families that have lost someone.

Man I love France. How much more of this shit will they have to deal with? Ugh, just make it stop.

I read about this on Twitter.

What a shame, really. Terrorism is barbaric.

Stay strong Paris!

The telegraph has also outlined some history of recent terrorist-related attacks on France. It makes me worry that it's not going to be the last one.

March 2012
A French Algerian killed three soldiers, a teacher and three young students at a Jewish school in Toulouse. He was later killed by police during a siege at his flat.

23 May 2013
A convert to Islam named as Alexandre Dhaussy stabbed a French soldier in the neck at La Defense in Paris. The soldier survived the attack.

December 2014
Joue-les-Tours: A French national born in Burrundi attacked several police officers with a knife shouting "Allahu Akbar" (Arabic for "God is great"). He wounded three officers before he was shot dead.

7 January 2015
Said and Cherif Kouachi shot dead 12 people at the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, including some of the publication's famed cartoonists.

8 January 2015
Amedy Coulibaly kills a policewoman before entering a Jewish supermarket in Paris where he shot dead four others. Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers died in separate shoot outs with police.

3 February 2015
Three soldiers on a patrol outside a Jewish community centre in Nice are attacked by an armed man. He stabbed one officer in the arm and slashed the cheek of another before he was arrested.

26 June 2015
Saint-Quentin-Fallavier: Two attackers entered a chemical factory near Grenoble with the aim of setting off explosives. One man was beheaded and several others were injured. One suspect was arrested. A black flag with Arabic writing was found on the scene and President Francois Hollande described it as a terror attack.

13 November 2015
At least 30 people have died in a series of shootings and explosions across Paris carried out by men armed with Kalashnikovs and grenades. The motive remains unknown but many Parisians fear terrorists have again hit their city.

This is horrible to hear, my thoughts go with the families of those who have fallen. This is tragic following the events that happened at the restaurant, the concert and the stadium.

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwnkuplwr9y

live feed for the events for those that are interested

edit: Other live feed

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

my thoughts and hopes go to families of those who have been affected, and those who have been affected themselves. no one deserved this, and i hope everyone out there is holding out alright.

I'm seriously wondering if any of our French users are ok. Like Cirdec and...others (sorry if I missed your name)

This is really terrible, especially after the Charlie Hebdo incident. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of everyone that's been affected.

118 people. Man, I'm feeling physically sick. Interestingly, ISIS has not taken credit, but have acknowledged and commended the actions taken by the terrorists.

https://twitter.com/Terror_Monitor/status/665344613964730368

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/13/paris-attacks-shootings-explosions-hostages

better source

Damn, France gas been under some serious shit this year.

Hope Cirdec, Xanthium, and that new user Fluticasone are alright.

This is terrible and tragic and my condolenses go out to all people who died or had a loved one die. I hope Cirdec and the other members from France are okay.

I am fine, thank you all, luckily I don't live in Paris....
I am fed up of the government, they didn't learn any lessons from Charlie Hebdo attack and now it happened again.
My condolescences for all victims.

I'm also fine, but i'm in the middle of paris which is quite dangerous... None of my friends/teachers/people i know are affected by the shootings, and i hope that they stay indoors for the time being. I heard that the victim count is 120, and i offer my condolences to all of them.

Cirdec said:
I am fine, thank you all, luckily I don't live in Paris....
I am fed up of the government, they didn't learn any lessons from Charlie Hebdo attack and now it happened again.
My condolescences for all victims.
Unfortunately that's what happens when you have free borders :\
Hollande's doing the right thing by closing the borders, if only temporarily, but I don't think more war is the answer. The civilians living in countries like Syria, Iraq and Lebanon want all of this crap to stop as much as we do.
My condolences to all the victims.

Back