Wii Remote troubles

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
NEXandGBX
For the past while, my Wii Remotes have been acting up when trying to connect to my Wii U. They never sync for some reason, just blinking and stopping. A few days ago, I managed to get one to sync, but when I tried connecting it today, it just blinked once when pressing any button but sync. I tried resyncing it, but doing so just crashed my Wii U. After unplugging the Wii U, the remote went back to normal, and by normal I mean just plain not syncing. It's a standard Wii Remote, with the model number RVL-003. I have two remotes acting this way, and my other 3 have gone missing (though I'm assuming they won't help). Not thinking of getting a new one, because cripes Wii Remote Pluses are expensive ($40). Anyone know what to do in this situation?

Did you change the batteries?

do you have a wii/another wii u to check if it works with it?

you should try it on another console anyways so you can be sure its the controller and not the console (i highly doubt it would be the console in this case, but who knows).

else the wiimote is most likely broken and it's probably not worth to send it in for repairs.

Back