i added a pic to my beautiful character
So did I.

no offense but i think i'll wait a bit before deciding if i want to sign up

that said, seems like a fun concept

Javelin said:
no offense but i think i'll wait a bit before deciding if i want to sign up

that said, seems like a fun concept
inb4 wyvern rider.

looking at the list of classes, if i had to pick i'd probably end up with wyvern lord lol

i want to just be a regular guy with a spear but apparently you have to be a lord to do that, or otherwise you're forced to wear a dumb helmet and be cannon fodder

down with the ruling classes, the proletariat will rise

i always knew you had it in you

communism

Javelin said:
looking at the list of classes, if i had to pick i'd probably end up with wyvern lord lol

i want to just be a regular guy with a spear but apparently you have to be a lord to do that, or otherwise you're forced to wear a dumb helmet and be cannon fodder

halberdier

Javelin said:

If you're talking about the soldier class, they had an actual promotion line in the Tellius games and don't strictly have to be cannon-fodder.

GBAToad said:
i just need to think of a reason for why he's strapped a dark tome to his head other than 'haha my shitty oc does that with a weird object as well'

Probably to absorb the knowledge better and to level faster, so he can change classes earlier.

Edis.png

Name: Edis

Class: Myrmidon (promotion to Swordmaster later maybe, w/e)

Character description: Edis descended from a family of knights, but has little interest in seeking glory in a fight. He loves cooking and his lifelong aspiration is to one day prove his worth to his lord and become royal chef. He treats swordsmanship as an extension of the art of cooking, because "whether in a kitchen or on a battlefield, your blade must cut with precision and efficiency". He picked up swordfighting so he could practice cutting up filets by cutting through outlaws.

Personality: Usually laid-back and personable, but treats cooking as serious business. Deadly serious business. As in: Cooking is a way of life that requires utmost dedication. It is a holy discipline. Putting on a chef's hat is like taking a sacred oath. If you cannot commit to that, get out of the kitchen.

Quirk(s): Often uses allegories that explain why swordfighting and cooking are essentially the same thing. They don't always make sense.

Other: Uses his sword in the kitchen (but cleans it beforehand).

Idk what my favorite game is. I liked the classes and characters from FE7, but the story was really meh and misguided. I like the story and feel of Path of Radiance, but haven't actually played that. And I like Awakening, but I'm aware it's not the best game in the franchise.

Phyllis said:
Edis.png

Name: Edis

Class: Myrmidon (promotion to Swordmaster later maybe, w/e)

Character description: Edis descended from a family of knights, but has little interest in seeking glory in a fight. He loves cooking and his lifelong aspiration is to one day prove his worth to his lord and become royal chef. He treats swordsmanship as an extension of the art of cooking, because "whether in a kitchen or on a battlefield, your blade must cut with precision and efficiency". He picked up swordfighting so he could practice cutting up filets by cutting through outlaws.

Personality: Usually laid-back and personable, but treats cooking as serious business. Deadly serious business. As in: Cooking is a way of life that requires utmost dedication. It is a holy discipline. Putting on a chef's hat is like taking a sacred oath. If you cannot commit to that, get out of the kitchen.

Quirk(s): Often uses allegories that explain why swordfighting and cooking are essentially the same thing. They don't always make sense.

Other: Uses his sword in the kitchen (but cleans it beforehand).

Idk what my favorite game is. I liked the classes and characters from FE7, but the story was really meh and misguided. I like the story and feel of Path of Radiance, but haven't actually played that. And I like Awakening, but I'm aware it's not the best game in the franchise.
Chef myrmidon. That's amazing.

Phyllis said:
Probably to absorb the knowledge better and to level faster, so he can change classes earlier.
this is now canon

also that artwork is cool. has there ever been a chef/cooking fanatic character in fire emblem? the only one that's kinda coming to mind is gaius and even then he's only a sucker for tarts

Not sure if there was a cooking fanatic, but I think Oscar from Path of Radiance was like the inofficial chef of the Greil Mercenaries or something to that extent.

Then we'll go down in history as the only army with a renowned chef in its ranks. Other countries be jelly.

I edited this for my character:
Yly2C2x.gif

turns out the generic Archer class wears a helmet so there's another reason why he's got a tome on his head

also this thread's making me want to play Fire Emblem. I think I'm going to start Sacred Stones tonight, I've had it on my Wii U for ages and haven't touched it once.

Hopefully I didn't go too deep but:

Name: Ice

Class: Myrmidon

Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, and constantly wears a bandanna bestowed upon him by a cherished friend, wears an azure robe (eg. something like this).

Character description: The youngest descendant from a family of swordsmen in an isolated and frigid region. During childhood, his home was destroyed, the land altered to become a forest resort and himself among all his family and friends were captured by rich nobles. During acts of rebellion, much of his family were slaughtered by brigands the nobles had hired in secrecy defending him, and thus Ice was forced into reluctantly serving the nobles' families for years to come.

Alignment: Acts in their own interests (so on the fence between good and neutral)

Personality: Stoic to a degree; reserved, cold and typically unwilling to bond with others
(Likes: solitude, winter, the cold in general, ice/snow, his family/friends) (Dislikes: company, orders, forests, nobles, brigands, spring/summer)

Quirk(s): Years of mandatory servitude by those who slaughtered his love ones has forced him to seek mental refuge in something no one can take from him... puns. He doesn't laugh nor smile at his own jokes very much, but they provide relief in his struggles and have become a part of him.

Other: "Ice" isn't actually his name, that's just a codename based on the material of his first sword (the Lamina Fresco) passed on from generations of old to keep others (namely the nobles who had enslaved him) from another aspect of his past. The blade was seized after capture, and is now on a wall of the nobles' manor.

Fave Game: idk anymore

Also DF you mean "almost every FE:A unit", most units in other games don't have mad quirks.

oh whoops i forgot to do favorite game in my post but i edited it please don't yell at me i promise i read the instructions ;~;

Neat! Thanks everybody for your sign ups and cool character descriptions and concepts. It's given me a lot to consider who would be best where.

Shuu Tsukiyama said:
Phyllis said:
Conqueror is kind of an exclusive, non-standard class though.
It's in the list of classes, so it counts, and I think df is a gifted enough writer to make it work.
Yeah I was going to outlaw exclusive classes, but I decided against it.
Lyn said:
Also DF you mean "almost every FE:A unit", most units in other games don't have mad quirks.
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh

Lyn said:

Even in the older games, they still have quirks. For example, Ilyana likes to eat, Joshua likes to gamble, Saul and Sain flirt with girls (it's actually a recurring thing in the series), Gonzales is ugly, but has a heart of gold and Guy wants to be the greatest swordsman.

Glitchy said:
Lyn said:

Even in the older games, they still have quirks. For example, Ilyana likes to eat, Joshua likes to gamble, Saul and Sain flirt with girls (it's actually a recurring thing in the series), Gonzales is ugly, but has a heart of gold and Guy wants to be the greatest swordsman.
That is true for a good deal of units, but those aren't maaaaad quirks because they don't get as exaggerated.

Back