Describe Bowser's character

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I did one for Mario so I'll do one for his arch enemy as well.

I'll probably do this for other characters too later on.

He's an evil doofus who's a power hungry fool. He does enjoy battling Mario somewhat, but he greatly prefers the scales to be tipped in his favor, and would resort to dirty tactics just to make sure he wins. He enjoys causing misery to the citizens of Mushroom Kingdom. Their pain is his joy.

Short tempered
Egoistical
Rude
Stubborn, if he wasn't he would have given up the bridge/button/ax battles.
Tough
Brave
A nice father to his koopa kid, I don't consider party games to be canon.
Mean, in a good way since he was meant to be "bad". Not like some short-tempered dragon I know (Ash's Charizard).
A good boss, he never abuses the Koopalings.
Confusing relationship with Peach If he loves Peach so much why does he attack her sometimes? *Gasp* He is more interested in fighting Mario.
Awesome
Cool and cute, just admit it he is not that ugly, I can see him as my little pet turtle with a poky shell that breathes fire.
Funny, just look as his behavior in some cut-scenes.

Favorite food: ham and cake

A well-intentioned extremist at first who wanted revenge over his father's death. However, when Mario came along, taking him out became his main goal.

I'd say Bowser is an evil, egotistical tyrant with delusions of grandeur, he isn't the brightest and often leaps before he looks. He has a soft spot for his son and also likes peach but sometimes he's willing to put aside both for his own selfishness. He despises Mario and wants to crush him but he also enjoys the battles they have. His minions all love and adore him so I'm guessing he's also a good leader to his people but has no problem dealing out punishment to those who fail him but will give praise when they are worthy of it.

He despises the notion of there being other villains with similar goals to his own but isn't above cooperation if he can benefit from it.

While Bowser has been shown from pure relentless evil to a comical villain, there have been hardly any instances where Bowser has shown any form of emotion other than anger or hatred. Bowser has never shown any remorse for his actions, which have led to numerous atrocities and caused much destruction from the Mushroom Kingdom all the way to the outer reaches of the universe. Bowser also seems to lack sympathy and has disregard for any form of life. Bowser's many attacks on the Mushroom Kingdom could have easily taken many lives, but Bowser has never shown any remorse when doing these attacks, only focusing on obtaining power and ruling the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach at his side. In Paper Mario, Mario's defeat at the hands of Bowser, to which Bowser mockingly laughed at, could be considered murder as he is only able to rise up after the combined energy of the Star Spirits. In Super Paper Mario, Bowser has shown to have no problems killing his own minions when they attack. He has even on occasions abducted infants to fulfill his nefarious goal of conquest and did not care in the least for their well being. Perhaps Bowser's biggest demonstration for disregard for other lives is in Super Mario Galaxy, where his plot was to wipe out entire galaxies to create a cosmos he can control.

Sounds like it's taken directly from an old revision of Bowser's article.

Mario Party Δ said:
Sounds like it's taken directly from an old revision of Bowser's article.

I was thinking the same thing.

I think of Bowser as a comical villain, but when he's not kidnapping Peach, he's being a good dad with kids (Koopalings-are-Bowser's-Bio-kids-headcanon) or just being a brain-dead moron and plotting out the same attack he's been doing for 30 Years (Ever since debut) and never realizes it on Peach's Castle. He cares for Peach as much as he hates Mario and he's really stubborn.

According to BJAODN, it was an old revision of Bowser's article.

Also here's something else from BJAODN

Bowser's plans are also sometimes complicated in themselves and involve numerous crimes such as abduction, theft, robbery, terrorism, abuse, harrassment, blackmail, arson, destruction, numerous attempts of mass murder, minion facilitation, child endangerment, assault, and even acts such as frame-up, fraud, and identity theft as evident in Super Mario Sunshine.

I feel the wordbite is slightly different from Bee Jaow Den's take on it, hence my question.

these bjaodn entries make bowser sound like hitler or something

anyway i basically agree with everything mcmadness said in his post

i think he just kidnaps peach for sport at this point

Well out of boredom I decided to analyze the evolution of Bowser's character over the years.

In the early days there was nothing to Bowser as a character beyond the typical evil overlord who wanted to capture Peach and take over her kingdom. This was pretty much a constant from SMB to SMW. There was really only the SLIGHTEST hint of any kind of personality, I mean what kind of evil overlord begins their letters with ''yo?''

SMRPG then came along and gave Bowser the personality of a sentimental doofus whose more interested in his reputation as a villain than actually being one. However this didn't keep which brings us to SM64 which while back to typical evil overlord, did introduce a trait that would become recurring elements to his character. That being his penchant for evil laughterusually of the Gwa ha ha or Bwa ha ha variety.

Following that we have the Mario Party series where he is portrayed as a trickster who derives pleasure from screwing over Mario co and stealing their money. This portrayal would be pretty consistent for the MP series all the way up to modern day.

Next we have Paper Mario, which gave us more a more fleshed out personality where the reason he does what he does beyond just a basic lust for power is due to being in love with Peach and an intense hatred for Mario. It also really put forward the idea that he wasn't very bright.

But next I think brings us to a very different and more radical shift in Bowser's character that carried him from the early 2000s till about the year 2007. A shift that would basically turn him into a comedy villain that nobody, even within the context of their own universe, took seriously.

It all started with Sunshine and the introduction of his son Bowser jr. Here he was portrayed as an almost sitcom like father with jr and the worst thing the 2 accomplished in this game was ruining Mario's vacation, which is quite the step down from the would-be conqueror he was previously. It also marked the debut of Scott Burns who gave Bowser this really derpy voice that just sounded awful.

After that we had the M&L series and the continuing Paper Mario series which both pretty much followed sunshine's example. Portraying him as an egotistical ham who was obsessed with kidnapping Peach, often showing more interest in having her in his possession than her kingdom or the rest of the world. Instead the kingdom/world threatening situations would fall to other antagonists who were generally shown as more dangerous and threatening than he was. These situations often led him to joining with Mario against the other villains as they often threatened him as well.

Following all that we come to galaxy and all his subsequent appearances to date which pretty much gave us modern Bowser as we know him. This involved a new voice from the much better Kenny James, and a merger of sorts with his old generic evil overlord self and his peach obsessed egotistical hammy self. This resulted in Bowser as we know him today. A hammy egotistical jerk who is obsessed with Peach but hasn't lost site of his goal to rule the mushroom kingdom/world/universe. This is probably best represented with Dream Team where he actually gets the one up over the other antagonist where as before it would have gone the other way around.

So yeah, feel free to comment on my way of killing time.

Hm, I found the way how Bowser was trudging away in Mario Party 4 a bit sad, especially with that dialogue. I'm not sure why Bowser doesn't really acknowledge that Mario and Luigi are very forgiving folks, maybe he's that bad.

Well the Mario Party Bowser is definitely the most derpy of them all. I mean just look at him in advance!

Yeah, especially that Huffin' Puffin' part.

Those huffin puffins were super scary!

Back